Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peyton Manning to Denver
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanitizer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Peyton Manning to Denver Reply with quote

This is almost done.

I don't know how I feel about it. He definitely makes Denver better which I hate. But the fact that I had to watch Tebow twice last year was painful.

I don't think 8-8 wins this division anymore! And I think this reiterates the need of a pass rusher in round 1.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Peyton Manning to Denver Reply with quote

sanitizer wrote:
This is almost done.

I don't know how I feel about it. He definitely makes Denver better which I hate. But the fact that I had to watch Tebow twice last year was painful.

I don't think 8-8 wins this division anymore! And I think this reiterates the need of a pass rusher in round 1.

I'm indifferent. Long-term I feared a properly developed Tebow more than a twilight of his career Manning (people act as if Peyton was "PEYTON" in 2010, which blame if on their poor OL, blame it on whatever, he wasn't up to his normal standard). I personally think it was a combination of Elway not wanting to have to stand by Tebow and the Broncos misreading them having a "win-now" capable team.

8-8 doesn't win the division (barring all of us getting the crap kicked out of us on a difficult schedule, but even then the Chiefs on their 4th place schedule should be capable of at least 8-8 unless Cassel implodes. But that's a good thing. If Norv and AJ are going to stay, we want them having actually produced a quality winning season to save their jobs, not just more of the same crap where they happened to back into the playoffs this time around.

We can beat Peyton, it's not like we haven't done it in the past.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Peyton Manning to Denver Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

There's one part of the equation missing from the past wins....

The little Colt killer is gone.

I hate seeing him go to Denver. It's not that it's going to make Denver that much better, I've just always like Peyton. The good thing is that I won't have to deal with all of the Tebow garbage anymore. If you guys thought it was bad on here, try living near Denver.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
SanDiegoScrubs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried, Denver has a bunch of holes and sure they have a better passing game, but the run game and defense aren't going to be close to as good as they were with Tebow. If they get Mike Wallace as well I'll be a little worried.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning cant handle the 3-4 defenses that both San Diego and KC deploy.
Manning has NEVER beaten the Chargers in the playoffs.
Romeo Crennel KNOWS how to stop Manning.

I (as a Chief fan) am not worried at all, and you Charger fans should follow suit.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Peyton Manning to Denver Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC wrote:

There's one part of the equation missing from the past wins....

The little Colt killer is gone.

I hate seeing him go to Denver. It's not that it's going to make Denver that much better, I've just always like Peyton. The good thing is that I won't have to deal with all of the Tebow garbage anymore. If you guys thought it was bad on here, try living near Denver.

I think this man was more responsible for giving Peyton fits:

I had some friendly smack talk with a guy proudly sporting his Champ Bailey jersey earlier today. Donkey fans are so overconfident they have Manning, they've forgotten how sorry the rest of their offense is.

No more Tebow = significantly less effective run game
broncospride95

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
I'm not worried, Denver has a bunch of holes and sure they have a better passing game, but the run game and defense aren't going to be close to as good as they were with Tebow. If they get Mike Wallace as well I'll be a little worried.

I understand the running game won't be as good without Tebow, but the defense won't be as good now??? Shocked Laughing

Not even. The defense will be much better as there won't be as much pressure on them to win the game for them and they won't have to hold each team to under 10 points because Tebow couldn't put up points. Also they won't be on the field so much due to less 3 and outs with Manning at the helm instead. Tebow was the king of 3 and outs. How in the world does Tebow starting improve our defense? Last season the boost to our defense was due to Dumervil getting healthy and him and Von beasting it up...

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:

I understand the running game won't be as good without Tebow, but the defense won't be as good now??? Shocked Laughing

Not even. The defense will be much better as there won't be as much pressure on them to win the game for them and they won't have to hold each team to under 10 points because Tebow couldn't put up points. Also they won't be on the field so much due to less 3 and outs with Manning at the helm instead. Tebow was the king of 3 and outs. How in the world does Tebow starting improve our defense? Last season the boost to our defense was due to Dumervil getting healthy and him and Von beasting it up...

If Bunkley isn't there I expect your DTs will be very weak.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
SanDiegoScrubs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:

Tebow also didn't turn the ball over a lot during your winning streak and the amount of running your team had = more TOP than with Orton (IIRC). Your defense overachieved during the winning streak as well. I just don't think Denver has that much talent on either side of the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, bottom line here is peyton manning is a great quarterback, we all know that. And the broncos will be a better team with him. However, to my recollection he hasn't won every super bowl since hes been in the league. We need to handle our business as an organization to be the best team we can be. Then let the chips fall where they may. To be the best in this league you have to beat the tom bradys, peyton mannings, aaron rodgers and ben roethlisbergers of the world. And if you can't, then you never deserved it in the first place.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanDiegoScrubs wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:
SanDiegoScrubs wrote:

Tebow also didn't turn the ball over a lot during your winning streak and the amount of running your team had = more TOP than with Orton (IIRC). Your defense overachieved during the winning streak as well. I just don't think Denver has that much talent on either side of the ball.

Actually IIRC a while ago someone pulled up the TOP stats in the Broncos forum of the Broncos with Orton compared to with Tebow and with Orton we actually had a higher average TOP because Tebow would basically lead 3 and outs until he started playing the prevent defense. Tebow couldn't lead a sustained drive very often if at all. One could also argue that when our defense played bad (which was when we weren't on our winning streak) it was due to Timmy actually turning the ball over a ton and putting the defense in a horrible situation such as the Lions game, Pats regular season game outside of the 1st quarter, etc. All I'm saying is I think it's foolish to think our defense will be worse due to not having Tebow anymore.

Also on the Bunk loss, I agree right now our DT's look horrible. Major problem in the middle of our D, hopefully the Broncos get a couple DT's in the draft and a vet or two in FA even though there aren't very many quality DT's left Mad

Ps, sorry for such a late response, haven't had much time to go on recently Very Happy

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
Ps, sorry for such a late response, haven't had much time to go on recently Very Happy

It's all good. I just wanted to say thanks for being able to come and have a civilized and informed discussion in our forum without feeling the need that some other AFC West fans have to come and troll our forum membership... or make a big stink because our guys don't fall in lockstep agreement with the position they're advocating.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:

It's all good. I just wanted to say thanks for being able to come and have a civilized and informed discussion in our forum without feeling the need that some other AFC West fans have to come and troll our forum membership... or make a big stink because our guys don't fall in lockstep agreement with the position they're advocating.

No problem at all, I love discussing AFCW teams and I can't wait till our division is back to the top and considered a top division again Cool

Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:

Thanks you, it is hard for rivals to be civil at times, shouldn't be that difficult. I appreciate your forum.

As for some of the issues I've seen here, very few teams in this division don't have holes to fill. Denver has tried to fill some of their gaps with avg players (Dreesen, Caldwell), but Peyton will make them a little better than thay are. I am surprised they haven't addressed the rb or Oline position yet

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:

Thanks you, it is hard for rivals to be civil at times, shouldn't be that difficult. I appreciate your forum.

As for some of the issues I've seen here, very few teams in this division don't have holes to fill. Denver has tried to fill some of their gaps with avg players (Dreesen, Caldwell), but Peyton will make them a little better than thay are. I am surprised they haven't addressed the rb or Oline position yet

Except that those are classic Fox draft spots. Which is what does have me a bit concerned about your DT situation if at least Thomas doesn't get resigned (then again, A LOT of the DT market has yet to settle out, including a fair amount of the 3-4 NT's not named Pouha or Soliai, and Bunkley).

Look at Carolina under Fox, they had a profundity for drafting at least one RB each year. And they very, very rarely didn't develop their OL themselves (the only significant FA signing on the OL I can remember them making was the one guard/center from Green Bay who didn't really ever live fully up to the contract he was given... Mark something).

I figure one of your first two picks is a lock to be a DT - between the depth of this class at the position and the need on your roster the pieces fit a little too well together. Knowing Fox, the other of the two is likely going to be spent on an RB (this is of course assuming Fox has equal or better sway in the draft war room that Elway does).

Other guys I'd be watching as possibilities to end up on your radar in the middle rounds: Senio Kelemete, Adam Gettis (strictly a Day 3 guy, but he could be an eventual terror in a ZBS), and the two SMU guys - Josh LeRibeus and Kelvin Beachum. Don't know why, but I wouldn't be shocked to see you guys give Garth Gerhart a look either, even if he may not present an immediate upgrade over Beadles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: