Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers signed former Broncos WR Eddie Royal to 3-year deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Chargers signed former Broncos WR Eddie Royal to 3-year deal Reply with quote

Quote:
Chargers agree to terms with WR Eddie Royal, a source confirms.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/180455381695340544

Royal doesn't only boost the Chargers WR corp, he is also a huge assest on special teams, the Chargers are trying to add depth to the position after losing WR Vincent Jackson to the Bucs.

Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Billy, do you have any sort of life, or do you just sit there watching the twitter feed all day Laughing . Damn you're fast...lol

But i LOVE this signing. Gives us a LEGIT threat of a KR/PR man, so we dont have to worry about that in the draft, and gives us a great YAC/checkdown threat with speed that can take it to the house like we were missing when we lost Sproles.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
sanitizer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great signing. Who the hell is AJ this year! No VJax but Meachem and Royal sure bring a few things to the team we've been without the last few years! Speed speed speed! I think Phil will be able to utilize Royal in the check down. I am very very excited to see this new age receiving core in action!
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad we don't have to watch Cason and Crayton trying to return punts this year.

Also insurance for if(when) Floyd gets hurt.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:
So glad we don't have to watch Cason and Crayton trying to return punts this year.

Also insurance for if(when) Floyd gets hurt.

Cason rarely got a chance to return this season, but he was quite good when he was returning them.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

Cason rarely got a chance to return this season, but he was quite good when he was returning them.

I can't really remember Cason being good or bad last year. I guess what I meant is I am excited that Royal is back there now. Crayton and Cason weren't terrible, but you could tell it wasn't there strength. Royal is someone who has been doing it in the league for a while, and has had some good success.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just happy we have an active Charger tweeter that isn't a moron (Sorry, SP95, I love you man but you post some just plain DUMB stuff on there) again!

Apparently Royal is extremely active and personable in talking to fans through social media, and at games/practices, etc. A real community sort.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
I'm just happy we have an active Charger tweeter that isn't a moron (Sorry, SP95, I love you man but you post some just plain DUMB stuff on there) again!

Apparently Royal is extremely active and personable in talking to fans through social media, and at games/practices, etc. A real community sort.

Gaither has been like that in a while. But so far, my favorite one is McClain just from one tweet. Spikes and Gilchrist aren't bad to follow either.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royal has been on my Chargers wish list for quite awhile. I really don't think his talents were being utilized properly in Denver. If he stays healthy I think him and Rivers will develop a quick connection.

My O/U for first down receptions by Eddie Royal in 2012 is 45
Stone85

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
Royal has been on my Chargers wish list for quite awhile. I really don't think his talents were being utilized properly in Denver. If he stays healthy I think him and Rivers will develop a quick connection.

Shocked He's had 78 catches total in the last two years..
I don't mind this signing at all. Not great but not bad.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
Zappaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
charger-man wrote:

Shocked He's had 78 catches total in the last two years..
I don't mind this signing at all. Not great but not bad.

78 catches, 59 of them in 10' with Orton mainly throwing to him then 19 last year with TeBlow. The last season he actually had a decent, though not close to Rivers, quarterback was his rookie year in 08 when he was 91 for 980 and 5 tds. I think this is an underrated signing, the guy has the potential to do pretty darn good with a real QB in Rivers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: