Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Regarding Gannon staying as Coach Gannon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Regarding Gannon staying as Coach Gannon? Reply with quote

IMO...i think the Raiders need to keep this guy in the organization....period! i think that Gannon should and will most likely retire due to injury, but Oakland needs to kep him on board as QB coach or offensive assistant of quality control or something. i think Gannon has the makings to be a solid coach....he knows how to run an offense and he has always been a good thinker and hard worker....i tbink he would bring alot to the table as a future head coach....ala Gruden. What do you all think??
TheNextStep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gannon. He's got a great work ethic, a great grasp of what it takes to be a successful quarterback, and he's shown a great desire to win. The only question I would have with him as a quarterback coach would be his temper and ability to relate to those he was coaching.

If he showed any desire to coach, however, I'd certainly want to give him a chance.
Raidersfan14212

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: thumbs up Reply with quote

i like gannon also, bummed he got hurt and will probably retire. hopefully, he will be a coach. do you guys think gannon will be in canton ohio in the hall of fame.
TheNextStep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way does Gannon get into the Hall, IMO. Hell, as good as he was, he was still only the 4th best QB in Raider history... and none of the other three (Stabler, LaMonica, Plunkett) got into the Hall either.

Gannon had too long a stretch where he couldn't get and keep a starting job... and, of course, the fact that he holds the record for interceptions in a Super Bowl will just kill him. Rich Gannon was a very good quarterback for the Raiders and I appreciate everything he gave us... but it isn't the Hall of Very Good.
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so....i say we tell Lomabrdi that Gannon should be kept as a coach..so he can be molded into a head coach!
snailplow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,we are one step closer to this being a reality.Norm Chow(Offensive Co-ordinator) left the USC Trojans,to be the OC of the Tennessee Titans.
USC hired the Raiders' QB coach,Steve Sarkisian,to replace Chow,so now we need a QB coach.
Al Davis is known well to hire former Raider players as coaches,so if we're lucky we just might see Gannon as the QB coach next year.
It all depends whether or not he wants to move his family to Cali,from Minnesota,where they've lived since he played for the Vikings years ago.
We all need to keep our fingers crossed for this to happen,not only b/c we know that Gannon would do well,but with him not playing anymore,it'd create alot of room under the salary cap to sign free agents that we need.
alexpoe7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping Gannon on the sidelines would be a great move for the entire team. He motivates guys just because he has such an incredible passion for the game. And such a Perfectionist!!! i would love watching him rip a players @ss for running a wrong route or missing a blocking assignment. He had complete control of the field when he was out there. He knows so much about football and everything about this offense already he'd be such an asset to have on the sidelines
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexpoe7 wrote:
Keeping Gannon on the sidelines would be a great move for the entire team. He motivates guys just because he has such an incredible passion for the game. And such a Perfectionist!!! i would love watching him rip a players @ss for running a wrong route or missing a blocking assignment. He had complete control of the field when he was out there. He knows so much about football and everything about this offense already he'd be such an asset to have on the sidelines

exactly! that why the man needs to be kept in this organization in some capacity....as QB coach he would be perfect...and then he can be an offensive coordinator in the future.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: