Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roster Moves
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Roster Moves Reply with quote

According to my Bleacher report App on my iPhone. The Redskins have waived Bradon Jenkins OLB and reinstated M Hurt OG/T.

Im very surprised this kid couldnt beat out Rob Jackson. Im wondering if there are other issues that played a facter in his release... effort, scheme, health..something. He was thought of as a steal in the 5th round!!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/27/redskins-cut-the-cord-on-2013-draft-pick-brandon-jenkins/

Quote:
According to Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington.com, Jenkins “had a particularly poor effort in Sunday morning’s one-on-one battle drills,” and was released hours later.

This better be a wake up call to every player on the team!! This coaching staff means business!!!
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I found this!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/27/redskins-cut-the-cord-on-2013-draft-pick-brandon-jenkins/

Quote:
According to Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington.com, Jenkins “had a particularly poor effort in Sunday morning’s one-on-one battle drills,” and was released hours later.

This better be a wake up call to every player on the team!! This coaching staff means business!!!

Sounds like Jenkins was a bad apple. They've been trying to get more out of him for 2 years. If he didn't snap on a coach he must really have laid an egg.

They are also bringing in DE Everette Brown for a workout, who has similar measurables:
http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/7/27/5942343/report-de-everette-brown-to-workout-for-redskins
zeebs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins made it clear over this offseason how much they value versatility. It's been known Brandon Jenkins is a one-dimensional pass rusher.

Shoutout to mike23md for the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
I found this!!

Quote:

Sounds like Jenkins was a bad apple. They've been trying to get more out of him for 2 years. If he didn't snap on a coach he must really have laid an egg.

They are also bringing in DE Everette Brown for a workout, who has similar measurables:
http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/7/27/5942343/report-de-everette-brown-to-workout-for-redskins
Everette Brown is good competition, but honestly, I don't see him beating out Rob Jackson. If Jenkins isn't going to unseat Rob Jackson as our 4th OLB, no one is IMO.

Jackson does everything this organization has ever asked him to do and down it pretty well to be honest.

I give an outside chance to Adrian Robinson, but before I had us keeping 5 OLBs - including Jenkins. I've updated my roster prediction to Akeem Jordan making the team and us keeping 5 ILBs - Hayward, Rob Jackson, Jordan, Murphy and Sharpton are all good special teams players, and I see them 5 being our reserve Linebackers this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Everette Brown is good competition, but honestly, I don't see him beating out Rob Jackson. If Jenkins isn't going to unseat Rob Jackson as our 4th OLB, no one is IMO.

Jackson does everything this organization has ever asked him to do and down it pretty well to be honest.

I give an outside chance to Adrian Robinson, but before I had us keeping 5 OLBs - including Jenkins. I've updated my roster prediction to Akeem Jordan making the team and us keeping 5 ILBs - Hayward, Rob Jackson, Jordan, Murphy and Sharpton are all good special teams players, and I see them 5 being our reserve Linebackers this year.

I figured Brown would probably be a camp body.

Always expected Akeem Jordan to make the team.

They are saying real nice things about Adrian Robinson so don't sleep on him, he may surprise you.
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Jenkins was a "bad apple" he just couldn't adjust like Baker wanted. Apparently every drill Baker had to ride his [inappropriate/removed] hard and it just wasn't coming out of him.

I think this guarantee's Rob makes it, I don't believe in Robinson like some of the beat guys do but maybe the lights turn on here. I just see it as a 1% chance of happening.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
I don't think Jenkins was a "bad apple" he just couldn't adjust like Baker wanted. Apparently every drill Baker had to ride his [inappropriate/removed] hard and it just wasn't coming out of him.

I think this guarantee's Rob makes it, I don't believe in Robinson like some of the beat guys do but maybe the lights turn on here. I just see it as a 1% chance of happening.
like I said earlier Robinson will challenge Jackson. Robinson didn't make the Steelers in 2012, but he should have by most people's accounts. It wouldn't shock me if he made the team.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current roster:

ILBs: Will Compton, Adam Hayward, Akeem Jordan, Jeremy Kimbrough, Perry Riley, Keenan Robinson, Darryl Sharpton
OLBs: Rob Jackson, Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Murphy, Brian Orakpo

Not sure: Gabe Miller, Adrian Robinson (per Hog's Haven, they're both OLBs)

Unless Jackson gets hurt or looks atrocious, I think it's safe to say he's on the 53. Now, the real question is: who is he backing up, Orakpo or Kerrigan? That might hint a bit at what the Redskins' plans are regarding the two starters, as you would have to think the guy Murphy back's up might not want to get comfortable.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Current roster:

ILBs: Will Compton, Adam Hayward, Akeem Jordan, Jeremy Kimbrough, Perry Riley, Keenan Robinson, Darryl Sharpton

Unless Jackson gets hurt or looks atrocious, I think it's safe to say he's on the 53. Now, the real question is: who is he backing up, Orakpo or Kerrigan? That might hint a bit at what the Redskins' plans are regarding the two starters, as you would have to think the guy Murphy back's up might not want to get comfortable.

They've been saying good things about Miller and Robinson.

If we keep 8 LBers we've got some VERY nice competition behind our starters. Almost wish we could squeeze 9 on Laughing

Last edited by DCRED on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:
Current roster:

They've been saying good things about Miller and Robinson.

If we keep 8 LBers we've got some VERY nice competition behind our starters. Almost wish we could squeeze 9 on Laughing

At the same time, Jackson is still getting the second team reps. And to answer my own question

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/9113/redskins-practice-report
Quote:
The inside linebackers with the second unit: Will Compton and Akeem Jordan. Rob Jackson worked as the No. 2 outside linebacker on the left side ahead of Brandon Jenkins, though the latter has usually gone in ahead of Jackson when it’s the second nickel. Second string right tackle Tom Compton did a good job, for a second straight day, of riding Jenkins out on some rushes. Jackson tried to get inside Compton on another rush, but the tackle had a good base and slid inside to thwart the pressure.

A couple of things:
1. Jackson is apparently backing up Kerrigan, which puts Murphy behind Orakpo.
2. Did Tom Compton help contribute to Jenkins losing his job? If so, that bodes well for Compton.
3. You guys might be right about Miller or Robinson getting on the roster if Jackson comes out for the 2nd team nickel package.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

At the same time, Jackson is still getting the second team reps. And to answer my own question

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/9113/redskins-practice-report
Quote:
The inside linebackers with the second unit: Will Compton and Akeem Jordan. Rob Jackson worked as the No. 2 outside linebacker on the left side ahead of Brandon Jenkins, though the latter has usually gone in ahead of Jackson when it’s the second nickel. Second string right tackle Tom Compton did a good job, for a second straight day, of riding Jenkins out on some rushes. Jackson tried to get inside Compton on another rush, but the tackle had a good base and slid inside to thwart the pressure.

A couple of things:
1. Jackson is apparently backing up Kerrigan, which puts Murphy behind Orakpo.
2. Did Tom Compton help contribute to Jenkins losing his job? If so, that bodes well for Compton.
3. You guys might be right about Miller or Robinson getting on the roster if Jackson comes out for the 2nd team nickel package.

Murphy behind Orakpo makes sense imo as they probably can't sign Rak next year.

I hope we keep 5 ILB:
KRobinson, Riley, Jordan, Compton, and Hayward... I really like Compton and he could be like the (poor man's) Chris Borland we didn't get in this draft
One of those is most likely gone if we keep Robinson/Miller
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're in love with Keenan so you know he's staying, and Perry just got re-signed so he's here. I'm not sure they're sold on Jordan. I think he's better then Hayward but I think they want Hayward to be one of the ST leaders. I really hope we hold onto Compton (at least to see him get time in preseason) but could see him let go for One of the two aforementioned players. Rest mean nothing to me though Sharpton is a name.

At OLB I think the only way Rob is gone is if Murphy really shows out. I wouldn't risk going into the season with 2 very very green OLB's unless one is really showing well. Need some kind of veteran presence their if, god forbid, something happens to Rak or Ryan. I also wouldn't put it past them to go dumpster diving during cuts, pick up some veteran OLB to man that role. it was evident with the courting of Spencer and Groves that they want something more out of the OLB position.
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
They're in love with Keenan so you know he's staying, and Perry just got re-signed so he's here. I'm not sure they're sold on Jordan. I think he's better then Hayward but I think they want Hayward to be one of the ST leaders. I really hope we hold onto Compton (at least to see him get time in preseason) but could see him let go for One of the two aforementioned players. Rest mean nothing to me though Sharpton is a name.

At OLB I think the only way Rob is gone is if Murphy really shows out. I wouldn't risk going into the season with 2 very very green OLB's unless one is really showing well. Need some kind of veteran presence their if, god forbid, something happens to Rak or Ryan. I also wouldn't put it past them to go dumpster diving during cuts, pick up some veteran OLB to man that role. it was evident with the courting of Spencer and Groves that they want something more out of the OLB position.

Yeah I think I'm expecting too much out of Jordan because he was decent in KC. But I haven't heard his name mentioned once so it doesn't sound like he's doing anything to impress. He sounds like the odd man out. I hope we keep Compton if Jordan fails to impress. Compton had a great college career and is a "leadership" guy to boot who I think could fill in if he had to, although he is a bit undersized.

Sharpton didn't do anything last year well except play the run so I expect him to be gone after camp.

Definitely can see us dumpster diving for OLB help. We did grab guys like Geathers and Porter Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, We don't need to do anything with out linebackers - that's why they felt it was ok to dump Jenkins.

I personally think we keep 5 ILBs now, and Will Compton is on ther practice squad again.

Jordan and Sharpton aren't spectacular but they're solid, reliable reserves who can fill in if we need them to.

I'm with Woz though, if part of the reason why Jenkins couldn't make the team is because of how Tom Compton was stoning him and dominating him, that bodes very well for our offensive line depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: