Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Breeland arrested on Marijuana Possession
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daboyle250

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: CB Breeland arrested on Marijuana Possession Reply with quote

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/13/bashaud-breeland-cited-marijuana-possession-vcu-po/

Quote:
Redskins rookie cornerback Bashaud Breeland was cited for misdemeanor possession of marijuana on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond on Monday, the night before the team ended its three-week training camp in the city.

Breeland, 22, was issued a summons for simple possession of marijuana at 10:40 p.m. by Edwin Alvarez, a VCU Police Department officer. No additional information was made available by a campus police department spokeswoman, citing pending adjudication. A hearing is scheduled for Aug. 26.

Not looking good for the kid.

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Breeland arrested on Marijuana Possession Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/13/bashaud-breeland-cited-marijuana-possession-vcu-po/

Quote:
Redskins rookie cornerback Bashaud Breeland was cited for misdemeanor possession of marijuana on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond on Monday, the night before the team ended its three-week training camp in the city.

Breeland, 22, was issued a summons for simple possession of marijuana at 10:40 p.m. by Edwin Alvarez, a VCU Police Department officer. No additional information was made available by a campus police department spokeswoman, citing pending adjudication. A hearing is scheduled for Aug. 26.

Not looking good for the kid.

I'm so sick of these dumba$$ players on our team. Will he be suspended?
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc, you have to figure on a 4-game suspension because it's his first Offense.

But that puts him on that dreaded program where he had better stay clean all year for years or they are going to get him with their abundant tests.

I don't understand why these kids don't comprehend what is at stake...

Add CB to the Draft list AGAIN next year Dancing Sad
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any discipline for first offense!! I could be wrong.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I don't think there is any discipline for first offense!! I could be wrong.
I hope so, but we'll have to see what happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:

But that puts him on that dreaded program where he had better stay clean all year for years or they are going to get him with their abundant tests.

I don't think CB will be high on the need list unless the player is by far best available. They're top 3/4 cbs - including Breeland - have looked good in camp and vs the Pats. If that continues, it won't be a high need.

They love Breeland! They think by the second half of the year, that Breeland will take over for Porter at the nickel position.

Breeland at most will be suspended 4 games, the CBA says "for first time offense a player will be suspended UP TO four games w/o pay. So, most likely it will be 4 games, but it could be 2 or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

I don't think CB will be high on the need list unless the player is by far best available. They're top 3/4 cbs - including Breeland - have looked good in camp and vs the Pats. If that continues, it won't be a high need.

They love Breeland! They think by the second half of the year, that Breeland will take over for Porter at the nickel position.

Breeland at most will be suspended 4 games, the CBA says "for first time offense a player will be suspended UP TO four games w/o pay. So, most likely it will be 4 games, but it could be 2 or something.

But I thought he has to fail the drug test first. That said I'm not too familiar with a incident counting as a failed test. Also he was sighted for possession and to me this is a matter of due process especially without a failed drug test.

That all said this sucks and I hope he can get it together! But this situation has me curious to see if the guys in this locker room can really stick together and get this kid straight like the good locker rooms do! They have been talking up this new culture and win win win and business here. I want to see them get this straight now quick and quietly!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

But I thought he has to fail the drug test first. That said I'm not too familiar with a incident counting as a failed test. Also he was sighted for possession and to me this is a matter of due process especially without a failed drug test.

That all said this sucks and I hope he can get it together! But this situation has me curious to see if the guys in this locker room can really stick together and get this kid straight like the good locker rooms do! They have been talking up this new culture and win win win and business here. I want to see them get this straight now quick and quietly!
True, but possession of weed is bad and anytime a player gets in that kid of trouble Goddell will suspend them, he suspends all players whenever he can. It's the owners and coaches who get off with slaps on the wrist.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just cut him-- cut him now . I'm serious ..
He's too stupid to be a pro -- CUT HIM !!
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting vets like Hall and Clark to help him get his act together.
The situation sucks, but I think Breeland will be fine.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I think that's a serious overreaction. He's just a young kid, kids make mistakes.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I think that's a serious overreaction. He's just a young kid, kids make mistakes.
Definitely. IMO in 2 or 3 when Hall retires, Breeland has the tools and talent to be a starter. We'd be foolish to it him. He just needs some counseling from the coaches, but most importantly his teammates.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he didnt test positive.....he should be fine.....the NFL usually doesn't suspend a player until the legal process is done....

Simple Possesion of MJ....that's a misdemeanor and any lawyer worth his weight is going to get that pled down to a PBJ.....6months un-supervised....Charges will be considered a "Non-Judgment".....nothing happens...he's straight...
As long as he stays out of any further trouble for 6 months....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully --

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/44199/Redskins-rookie-Breeland-to--face-consequences--for-pot-citation/Default.aspx
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it's a scared straight moment and he's not going to have Fred Davis/Josh Gordon type issues with it.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: