Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins D ranked#1 as of today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Redskins D ranked#1 as of today Reply with quote

per cbs/nfl.com

Skins ranked #2 passing
#5 runD

Overall we have the #1 D

If anybody cares we also have #3 rushing O and #10 passing.

Next week big test if we can hold the eagles down prettt good than no doubt skins confidence boosts up.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Rambo gave up like 150 yards on his own ! IF they stay reasonably healthy ,, a top ten is very feasible..
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Fitzpatrick. Chad Henne.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

Yes...while we can only play who they put in front of us, we need to temper our enthusiasm a bit (but still enjoy the fact that the defense is doing well so far)

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 1 Defense, number 5 offense. Not too shabby

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take it, we haven't been able to say our D is even good, let a lone great since 08
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Yes...while we can only play who they put in front of us, we need to temper our enthusiasm a bit (but still enjoy the fact that the defense is doing well so far)

Let's be fair, Thai. The defense has looked much better than they did last year.

We've also shown that an improved front seven can mask deficiencies in the backfield. The defense has only been scored on when Rambo played bad angles and should have been when Hall was caught looking BADLY.

Now, before we get too giddy about the offense, just remember last week and how weak it looked. Remember that Gruden left the running game in the stable when the game was close.

Enjoy the win, but I'll say it yet again: "Let's not get ahead of ourselves."

Just a reminder: we face Philadelphia next week, and then have a short turn around against the Giants on Thursday. And then we have Seattle at home on MNF before we head out to Arizona (again another short week).
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Let's be fair, Thai. The defense has looked much better than they did last year.
We've also shown that an improved front seven can mask deficiencies in the backfield. The defense has only been scored on when Rambo played bad angles and should have been when Hall was caught looking BADLY.

Now, before we get too giddy about the offense, just remember last week and how weak it looked. Remember that Gruden left the running game in the stable when the game was close.

Just a reminder: we face Philadelphia next week, and then have a short turn around against the Giants on Thursday. And then we have Seattle at home on MNF before we head out to Arizona (again another short week).

See bolded...this is what I was saying. We agree Wink

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

I'm done being patient. Virginia is beating BYU and the Redskins are beating the Eagles this weekend.

Adopt - a - Redskin
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatcher is a beast. Putting him at DE and then DT in nickel has completely changed this defense. And Baker is really showing well.

This game vs eagles scares me because they have so much speed at RB. Can our DL hold up with the fast pace and seeing those speedy running backs run plays and screens every 15 seconds? Keenan Robinson is another key this week as well as our safety's.

Wouldn't surprise me if we had a base defense on early downs is Baker and Hatcher as down lineman with Kerrigan, Riley, Robinson, Murphy and RAK standing up a yard back in the gaps and our normal DB's with the return on Meriweather

I am hoping for a good game.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

True but we did what a D should do to bum qbs
...well ryans is a quick release guy and in that Texans game we didnt blitz alot like we did against the jags.

I think foles will be in for it too the Eagles got sacked 5 times and turned it over a couple times.

With Meriwether back skins needa blitz early but play bit soft on some thirds we can't let sproles or shady get us on screens.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk about you guys but we should leave baker at NT and put Cofield at LE I think our DL gets even better with that....baker was better at NT aa speculated that Cofield would be too at LE.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Idk about you guys but we should leave baker at NT and put Cofield at LE I think our DL gets even better with that....baker was better at NT aa speculated that Cofield would be too at LE.
I'd be down with this.

Adopt - a - Redskin
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take it. This D is applying pressure and getting to the QB's. Yes they have faced the Texans and Jags but they did what they were suppose to do against those match ups (dominate). Hopefully this continues going foward! Also we have yet to see Orakpo or Murphy really breakout just yet so we can really start to light opposing QB's up when those two get hot.

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

I'm done being patient. Virginia is beating BYU and the Redskins are beating the Eagles this weekend.

When it all goes to hell in a handbasket, remember where to point the blame:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: