Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 6.11 (187): WR Evan Spencer, Ohio State

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: 2015 6.11 (187): WR Evan Spencer, Ohio State Reply with quote

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great special teams player. Good route runner, high effor guy, very tough. Mvp of OSU last year. He'll be a good 5th or 6th WR.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/evan-spencer?id=2553289

Quote:
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7 or priority free agent

BOTTOM LINE
Limited college production due to Ohio State scheme and sheer volume of pass-catchers used within the offense. Primarily a possession receiver with some catch­-and­-run responsibilities in college, Spencer is a willing blocker with size who might have a chance to fit into a west coast offense as a backup.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok with this pick. The 5th-6th WR on the roster has to be able to contribute in other ways to the team and this guy can do that.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6'2 205!!!!!
And good on ST

I love this pick
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Spencer-Selected-In-6th-Round-By-Redskins-37086345

Quote:
The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Spencer had modest career receiving statistics for the Buckeyes: 52 receptions for 579 yards (11.1 yards per catch) and seven touchdowns.

However, Spencer will be remembered best by Ohio State fans for his stellar performance in the Buckeyes’ Sugar Bowl/playoff semifinal win over Alabama. In that contest, Spencer sprung Ezekiel Elliott on an 85-yard touchdown run when Spencer took out two Crimson Tide defenders on one of the best blocks you’ll ever see. Earlier in the game, Spencer delivered a crushing block to Alabama safety Landon Collins – the Tide’s enforcer – and Collins was a shell of his usual self for the remainder of the contest.

At the end of the first half, Spencer threw a pinpoint touchdown pass to Michael Thomas, who did a great job of getting a toe in bounds. That score allowed the Buckeyes to cut Alabama’s lead to just one (21-20) at halftime.

Then Spencer helped clinch the victory when he recovered an onside kick late in the fourth quarter.
Great blocker & special teams demon!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope he plays well for us!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Building a Bully. What I've been wishing for years, and I've outlined it on this forum many times...

His blocks are beastly. Nice addition and a few more like this and Scherff and all the sudden our Offense is smacking Defenses around. Shocked those blocks! look bone-jarring!
ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He kinda reminds me of a Antwan Randal El with Hines Ward blocking. Not going to catch a bunch of passes great special teams guy who you can catch teams off guard with in those big tight games.

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
He kinda reminds me of a Antwan Randal El with Hines Ward blocking. Not going to catch a bunch of passes great special teams guy who you can catch teams off guard with in those big tight games.
He reminds me of a young Josh Morgan. Like, Josh Morgan before Morgan badly broke his ankle/leg. Spencer is nothing like Randle El.

Remember how many great blocks Morgan had for us in 2012. He constantly opened up lanes and sprung Griffin and Morris through the secondary and on long runs all season long.

Before Morgan broke his ankle/leg, he was a also a great special teams player in San Fran. Morgan wasn't the same time of player for the Skins after the injury he suffered.

So, I think we're getting the 22 year old version of Josh Morgan.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
He reminds me of a young Josh Morgan. Like, Josh Morgan before Morgan badly broke his ankle/leg. Spencer is nothing like Randle El.

Remember how many great blocks Morgan had for us in 2012. He constantly opened up lanes and sprung Griffin and Morris through the secondary and on long runs all season long.

Before Morgan broke his ankle/leg, he was a also a great special teams player in San Fran. Morgan wasn't the same time of player for the Skins after the injury he suffered.

So, I think we're getting the 22 year old version of Josh Morgan.
\

that's an excellent comparison! Morgan was instrumental in our rushing success in 2012.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: