Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Trent Williams be shut down?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Should Trent Williams be shut down? Reply with quote

Given the extent of Trent Williams' injuries to his knee and shoulder, should he be shut down for the year?

I think he should be. He isn't doing himself any good playing on such a bum knee and bad shoulder.

I'd also give us more of a look at Tom Compton at LT to see if he can be our swing Tackle next year or if we need to sign someone different.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should sit him this week so he can play against Dallas. Sweeping them and keeping them out of the playoffs would be glorious.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
zeebs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already pretty clear Compton can't play LT.

I don't mind shutting down Trent Williams, but people are going to trash on RGIII despite the pocket collapsing on almost every play. Pretty difficult to evaluate a QB when defenders are reaching him as soon as he drops back.

Without Trent, our OL is easily the absolute worst in the league.

Shoutout to mike23md for the sig
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:

I don't mind shutting down Trent Williams, but people are going to trash on RGIII despite the pocket collapsing on almost every play. Pretty difficult to evaluate a QB when defenders are reaching him as soon as he drops back.

This is definitely a valid point. I can see both sides here as I'd hate to see Williams further injure himself as well. Best to see if Williams if feeling healthy closer to game time. If he feels like he is healthy he should probably play, but any signs of the injury being aggravated he should immediately be pulled out.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
zeebs wrote:

This is definitely a valid point. I can see both sides here as I'd hate to see Williams further injure himself as well. Best to see if Williams if feeling healthy closer to game time. If he feels like he is healthy he should probably play, but any signs of the injury being aggravated he should immediately be pulled out.
Trent can barely move out there. I don't feel comfortable for him - thinking he could get more injured - and I'd rather have a 100% Compton than Williams who can't move because of leg injuries and has no strength in his arm because of his shoulder injury.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sit him this week along with chester and Lavao
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
zeebs wrote:

Trent can barely move out there. I don't feel comfortable for him - thinking he could get more injured - and I'd rather have a 100% Compton than Williams who can't move because of leg injuries and has no strength in his arm because of his shoulder injury.

If that is still the case on game day sit him, if he is feeling good play him. This early in the week it is hard to gauge where he will be at once saturday rolls around. I have no problem with him sitting if he's not feeling healthy enough to play
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sit him. Its easier to develop strategies for protection early in the week when you can gameplan them, rather than having Trent leave the game early and then having to come up with a plan during the game.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Sit him. Its easier to develop strategies for protection early in the week when you can gameplan them, rather than having Trent leave the game early and then having to come up with a plan during the game.
Good point, never thought of that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: