Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Trent Williams be shut down?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Should Trent Williams be shut down? Reply with quote

Given the extent of Trent Williams' injuries to his knee and shoulder, should he be shut down for the year?

I think he should be. He isn't doing himself any good playing on such a bum knee and bad shoulder.

I'd also give us more of a look at Tom Compton at LT to see if he can be our swing Tackle next year or if we need to sign someone different.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 8663
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should sit him this week so he can play against Dallas. Sweeping them and keeping them out of the playoffs would be glorious.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zeebs


Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Posts: 979
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already pretty clear Compton can't play LT.

I don't mind shutting down Trent Williams, but people are going to trash on RGIII despite the pocket collapsing on almost every play. Pretty difficult to evaluate a QB when defenders are reaching him as soon as he drops back.

Without Trent, our OL is easily the absolute worst in the league.
_________________

Shoutout to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1733
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:
It's already pretty clear Compton can't play LT.

I don't mind shutting down Trent Williams, but people are going to trash on RGIII despite the pocket collapsing on almost every play. Pretty difficult to evaluate a QB when defenders are reaching him as soon as he drops back.

Without Trent, our OL is easily the absolute worst in the league.


This is definitely a valid point. I can see both sides here as I'd hate to see Williams further injure himself as well. Best to see if Williams if feeling healthy closer to game time. If he feels like he is healthy he should probably play, but any signs of the injury being aggravated he should immediately be pulled out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
zeebs wrote:
It's already pretty clear Compton can't play LT.

I don't mind shutting down Trent Williams, but people are going to trash on RGIII despite the pocket collapsing on almost every play. Pretty difficult to evaluate a QB when defenders are reaching him as soon as he drops back.

Without Trent, our OL is easily the absolute worst in the league.


This is definitely a valid point. I can see both sides here as I'd hate to see Williams further injure himself as well. Best to see if Williams if feeling healthy closer to game time. If he feels like he is healthy he should probably play, but any signs of the injury being aggravated he should immediately be pulled out.
Trent can barely move out there. I don't feel comfortable for him - thinking he could get more injured - and I'd rather have a 100% Compton than Williams who can't move because of leg injuries and has no strength in his arm because of his shoulder injury.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 1620
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sit him this week along with chester and Lavao
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1733
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
zeebs wrote:
It's already pretty clear Compton can't play LT.

I don't mind shutting down Trent Williams, but people are going to trash on RGIII despite the pocket collapsing on almost every play. Pretty difficult to evaluate a QB when defenders are reaching him as soon as he drops back.

Without Trent, our OL is easily the absolute worst in the league.


This is definitely a valid point. I can see both sides here as I'd hate to see Williams further injure himself as well. Best to see if Williams if feeling healthy closer to game time. If he feels like he is healthy he should probably play, but any signs of the injury being aggravated he should immediately be pulled out.
Trent can barely move out there. I don't feel comfortable for him - thinking he could get more injured - and I'd rather have a 100% Compton than Williams who can't move because of leg injuries and has no strength in his arm because of his shoulder injury.


If that is still the case on game day sit him, if he is feeling good play him. This early in the week it is hard to gauge where he will be at once saturday rolls around. I have no problem with him sitting if he's not feeling healthy enough to play
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15678
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sit him. Its easier to develop strategies for protection early in the week when you can gameplan them, rather than having Trent leave the game early and then having to come up with a plan during the game.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Sit him. Its easier to develop strategies for protection early in the week when you can gameplan them, rather than having Trent leave the game early and then having to come up with a plan during the game.
Good point, never thought of that.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group