Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL II: The Multiple Seasons Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Almm24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt George Wilson have a couple of good seasons for the bills? What happened to him?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Bills cut George Wilson (and Nick Barnett) today. I know he's a name some have thrown around. He's not close to the top of my wish list, but would be an upgrade.

He would? Isn't that a marginal upgrade?
Wilson would be an upgrade over an injured Meriweather or Doughty/Gomes as his back up. He is on the wrong side of 30 though. He will be 32 march 14th... Ehhh no thanks

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almm24 wrote:
Didnt George Wilson have a couple of good seasons for the bills? What happened to him?
he got old and expensive

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/12953911?mailing_id=2194&linksrc=mb_main_col_9

NFL to have first female tryout at regional scouting combine
February 20, 2013By Dave K

Quote:
History is set to be made at the NFL’s regional scouting combine in New Jersey, when New York City resident Lauren Silberman, 28, competes as a kicker. She will become the first woman to ever tryout at an NFL scouting event. But Silberman truly has a desire to make it on an NFL roster, as she was taken aback when she learned that she was the only woman trying out

“I was not aware that I was the first female registrant,” Silberman said to NFL.com. “I was actually hoping that the 2012 historical milestone rule, to allow women to play, would prompt more women to attend tryouts this year. But for me, what’s important is to finally have a chance to fulfill my dreams by trying out to play in the world’s most competitive football league.”

SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/12953911?mailing_id=2194&linksrc=mb_main_col_9

Quote:
History is set to be made at the NFL’s regional scouting combine in New Jersey, when New York City resident Lauren Silberman, 28, competes as a kicker. She will become the first woman to ever tryout at an NFL scouting event. But Silberman truly has a desire to make it on an NFL roster, as she was taken aback when she learned that she was the only woman trying out

“I was not aware that I was the first female registrant,” Silberman said to NFL.com. “I was actually hoping that the 2012 historical milestone rule, to allow women to play, would prompt more women to attend tryouts this year. But for me, what’s important is to finally have a chance to fulfill my dreams by trying out to play in the world’s most competitive football league.”

I saw that and I think it's awesome. Although it kind of reminds my of that episode of Always Sunny when Dee tried out for the Eagles.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1444313-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-35-right-tackles/page/19

Bobbie Massie 18th ranked RT in the NFL- Polumbus unranked

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1444313-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-35-right-tackles/page/11

Ryan Harris 26th

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1444313-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-35-right-tackles/page/5

WillieSmith 32nd RT

Again! Polumbus unranked Confused Sad

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I saw that and I think it's awesome. Although it kind of reminds my of that episode of Always Sunny when Dee tried out for the Eagles.
It's definitely a good thing, i wish her the best. It reminds me of Goldie Hawn in "Wildcats" and Kathy Ireland in "Necessary roughness"Laughing

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Flacco just signed a $ 120 million dollar deal. He's now the richest paid player in the NFL, do you think he can give a redskins fan a loan?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/307657058369552384
Quote:
To be precise, Joe Flacco's deal with Ravens will clock in at six years and $120.6 million, a bit more than Drew Brees' in almost every way.

$120.6 million over 6 years. $20.1 million per year.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts owner Jim Irsay opens up about Peyton Manning

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/03/01/jim-irsay-colts-owner-peyton-manning-andrew-luck-rg3/1957267/

Good read here. Irsay opens up about how he came to the decision that it was the end of an era for Peyton in Indy and possibly the greatest regular season qb in history was being cut and moving on.

Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe Dallas found a way to franchise Spencer with their cap problems. I guess they will do nothing in FA this year.

on a side note....My heart was broken by the news that Buffalo Franchised Jarius Byrd...I was holding on to hope
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens want Boldin to take $2 million pay cut

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33446/Ravens-want-Boldin-to-take--2-million-pay-cut/Default.aspx

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens have reportedly asked veteran receiver Anquan Boldin to take a $2 million pay cut according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. Understandably, sources close to the situation add that Boldin has declined.

Cool Applause Dancing

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33446/Ravens-want-Boldin-to-take--2-million-pay-cut/Default.aspx

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens have reportedly asked veteran receiver Anquan Boldin to take a $2 million pay cut according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. Understandably, sources close to the situation add that Boldin has declined.

Cool Applause Dancing

He personally did the rite thing due the fact he produces on the field.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Cool Applause Dancing

if he gets cut, I doubt he sees a contract like he currently has.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Cool Applause Dancing

The question is does he even return. I'm all for player's standing there ground when they produce on the field. Watching him play us and his play in the postseason/superbowl proves he earned the contract he currently has now. I'm sure if released he will get other offers and teams will already know he has a certain pay he's looking for. He said he would retire if cut my the Ravens. So if thatz the way he wants to go out, then thatz fine with me. As a superbowl Champ.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Cool Applause Dancing

The question is does he even return. I'm all for player's standing there ground when they produce on the field. Watching him play us and his play in the postseason/superbowl proves he earned the contract he currently has now. I'm sure if released he will get other offers and teams will already know he has a certain pay he's looking for. He said he would retire if cut my the Ravens. So if thatz the way he wants to go out, then thatz fine with me. As a superbowl Champ.
true, can't argue with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 50 of 74

Jump to: