Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL II: The Multiple Seasons Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:
DCRED wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000372559/article/paul-guenther-hue-jackson-taking-torch-for-cincinnati-bengals

Interesting article on the Bengals, and how the Seahawks only ran a few defenses for the first 23 plays as they crushed Denver

As the article explained, they only needed 23 plays to get up 22-0. After that, it was all over but the singing.

Again, however, like Gruden and Haslett, the new DC for Cincy pointed out the swarming to the ball and gang tackling of Seattle. As I said in the other thread, if we can just get to average, we'll be significantly better.

I like the emphasis that only 3 or 4 Defenses were even called on those plays. That it really matters less what plays are called than the talent and effort of the players involved.

Griffin has said similar about the Offense, that it doesn't matter what play is called, they have to be able to execute (True only to a point, I know, that's why they have audibles etc.) But it is a valid observation.

Gives a bit more confidence in Haslett from that perspective, although I still disagree with alot of the plays he was calling and their timing. With different personnel he might have had completely different results, however it's still his job to know what his players can do.

It's also why it is nice to see that everyone is competing for a job. Let the talent show through.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns signed Grossman. So, now Kyle has his <DELETED BY THAIPHOON> back! Laughing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/12/browns-sign-rex-grossman/

So, next Monday night vs the Browns it's going to be Kyle Shanahan, Johnny Manziel and Rex Grossman vs Jay Gruden and RG3! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Browns signed Grossman. So, now Kyle has his <DELETED> back! Laughing

So, next Monday night vs the Browns it's going to be Kyle Shanahan, Johnny Manziel and Rex Grossman vs Jay Gruden and RG3! Laughing

Turtle, you know the rules, man.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Wow! You can't say that? I had no clue, it's totally PG-13
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another issue for the Cowboys to deal with Cool Their nickel corner, Orlando Scandrick is suspended the first 4 games of the season.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2014/08/12/orlando-scrandrick-apology-suspension-dallas/13963329/

Quote:
"I'm responsible for what goes in my body," Scandrick said. "I'm very sorry. I apologize to the Jones family. I'm very sorry to my teammates. I'm sorry to the fans of Cowboy Nation. I'm very sorry to my family."

Scandrick, speaking to reporters after the Cowboys' walk-through Tuesday morning, said he was not drugged or coerced into taking the amphetamine. He declined to specifically say what he took, but said it was done "recreationally." Amphetamines like Adderall, Ritalin and a party drug called Molly a pure form of ecstasy are banned under the NFL's PED policy, and not the substance abuse policy.

"In no way, form or shape was this trying to gain a competitive edge. I simply made a mistake. It was just a dumb mistake," Scandrick, who appealed the suspension but said Tuesday he was not expecting to win.

Woz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Another issue for the Cowboys to deal with Cool Their nickel corner, Orlando Scandrick is suspended the first 4 games of the season.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2014/08/12/orlando-scrandrick-apology-suspension-dallas/13963329/

Quote:
"I'm responsible for what goes in my body," Scandrick said. "I'm very sorry. I apologize to the Jones family. I'm very sorry to my teammates. I'm sorry to the fans of Cowboy Nation. I'm very sorry to my family."

Scandrick, speaking to reporters after the Cowboys' walk-through Tuesday morning, said he was not drugged or coerced into taking the amphetamine. He declined to specifically say what he took, but said it was done "recreationally." Amphetamines like Adderall, Ritalin and a party drug called Molly a pure form of ecstasy are banned under the NFL's PED policy, and not the substance abuse policy.

"In no way, form or shape was this trying to gain a competitive edge. I simply made a mistake. It was just a dumb mistake," Scandrick, who appealed the suspension but said Tuesday he was not expecting to win.

Unfortunately, we don't get them in the first four weeks.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Unfortunately, we don't get them in the first four weeks.
yes, but if they're 0-4, that'd be nice
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Eagles just sign Jackson to a new contract worth around 50 mil. I think this is great news they over-paid an over-rated receiver. He can continue alligator arming everything and putting up stats against crappy secondaries and disappear against good ones.

Hahahahah
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:
Eagles just sign Jackson to a new contract worth around 50 mil. I think this is great news they over-paid an over-rated receiver. He can continue alligator arming everything and putting up stats against crappy secondaries and disappear against good ones.

Hahahahah

To be fair, we signed him for half that.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

Hahahahah
He clearly was talking about the Redskins secondary here! Laughing

Let's hope he flips the script and puts up huge stats vs the rest of the NFC east's crappy secondaries! Cool

Eagles, Giants and Cowboys secondaries all suck
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic johnson said he thinks LA will have a NFL team within two years
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Agreed. My bet is on Jacksonville moving there. I also think London gets a team (an expansion team) in the next two years and the NFL will add one more expansion team and wouldn't be surprised to see it go to San Antonio.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Wow! You can't say that? I had no clue, it's totally PG-13

Its a reference to sexual activity. Were we in a bar, I doubt anyone would care. But we play in Webby's sandbox, so the rules are the rules.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
- Dri Archer looked pretty lost on his punt returns, he couldn't seem to get the first guy to miss on any of his returns.
This is from a steelers fan after watching Archer against the giants.

Where's Tyler at when you want to discuss Dri Archer and how he was overdrafted? Laughing
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Agreed. My bet is on Jacksonville moving there. I also think London gets a team (an expansion team) in the next two years and the NFL will add one more expansion team and wouldn't be surprised to see it go to San Antonio.

I'll bet against all three propositions. Now, if it's the Raiders to San Antonio, I'll let that action pass by.

On the Jaguars: http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-11-30/story/jaguars-lease-makes-it-costly-leave-jacksonville-2030

On the London front: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366012/article/goodell-london-team-could-be-five-or-10-years-away (I'm not even sure it's that close ... the logistics alone make it incredibly difficult)

On expansion teams: if they do one, they're doing two. Otherwise, it makes the conferences unbalanced. That said, once you have 17 teams per conference, the scheduling gets problematic. What do you do with the two divisions that have an extra team? Do you do away with a home-and-home against everyone in your division?

On LA in particular: where are they playing? That's been the biggest problem of them all. This is interesting: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/10380150/st-louis-rams-owner-stan-kroenke-buys-60-acres-land-los-angeles

Of course, there's this to throw cold water on the concept: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/10381057/stan-kroenke-land-buy-mean-rams-move[/i]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 65 of 70

Jump to: