Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bengals Roster - As it Stands
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15388
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Not that it matters, but McGlynn went to Indy, not the Dolphins.


He's not in Cincinnati, that's all I need to know to be happy.

I'll update the OP.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15388
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We resigned Nugent to a long term deal, haven't heard the details yet, so that negates the franchise tag, and I added Simpson to the Free Agents lost category
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18221
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
We resigned Nugent to a long term deal, haven't heard the details yet, so that negates the franchise tag, and I added Simpson to the Free Agents lost category


No, he only signed the franchise tender. Still on a one year deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7855206/cincinnati-bengals-kicker-mike-nugent-signs-franchise-tender

FYI, most guys wait until around this time to sign the tender, hoping in the meantime they'll get a long term deal.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5381
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
We resigned Nugent to a long term deal, haven't heard the details yet, so that negates the franchise tag, and I added Simpson to the Free Agents lost category


No, he only signed the franchise tender. Still on a one year deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7855206/cincinnati-bengals-kicker-mike-nugent-signs-franchise-tender

FYI, most guys wait until around this time to sign the tender, hoping in the meantime they'll get a long term deal.


He signed the tender, but they still have the window to make it long term, which they are working on. Signing the tender allows him to go to offseason stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18221
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
We resigned Nugent to a long term deal, haven't heard the details yet, so that negates the franchise tag, and I added Simpson to the Free Agents lost category


No, he only signed the franchise tender. Still on a one year deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7855206/cincinnati-bengals-kicker-mike-nugent-signs-franchise-tender

FYI, most guys wait until around this time to sign the tender, hoping in the meantime they'll get a long term deal.


He signed the tender, but they still have the window to make it long term, which they are working on. Signing the tender allows him to go to offseason stuff.


Right. They've got till June something IIRC. Point remains, no long term deal yet.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15388
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, saw that last night that Nugent just signed his tender. The guy who told me he signed had it wrong.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 1938
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugent and the team can do a multi-year deal until July 15. After that he has to play on the one year tender.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15388
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Nugent and the team can do a multi-year deal until July 15. After that he has to play on the one year tender.


Given his injury history, i'd be signing a long term deal if I was Nuge.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15388
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Dre and Zeitler as starters, put Leon Hall as a PUP list guy which I think he will be until I actually see him practicing in training camp. Added Otis Hudson to the cut list as I think we'll keep Bell for veteran depth since Zeitler and Boling are both young players.

If Hall is ready for the season, then I would say we either cut Newman, or cut Ghee and have Newman back up Nelson.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15388
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Still, Sanu, and Thompson, moved Brandon Tate and Robert Geathers to the projected cut list.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22822
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Added Still, Sanu, and Thompson, moved Brandon Tate and Robert Geathers to the projected cut list.


Gladly..absolutely loved todays draft. Made up for passing on DeCastro
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15388
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Added Still, Sanu, and Thompson, moved Brandon Tate and Robert Geathers to the projected cut list.


Gladly..absolutely loved todays draft. Made up for passing on DeCastro


We passed on Decastro for reasons unknown, but i'm happy we got Zeitler. He's a mauler. We got two legitimate insta-starters on offense with our two biggest offensive needs
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22822
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Added Still, Sanu, and Thompson, moved Brandon Tate and Robert Geathers to the projected cut list.


Gladly..absolutely loved todays draft. Made up for passing on DeCastro


We passed on Decastro for reasons unknown, but i'm happy we got Zeitler. He's a mauler. We got two legitimate insta-starters on offense with our two biggest offensive needs


Agreed and the pick of Thompson with the extra pick made it that much better
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartan300


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 634
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thompson's pick mitigated passing on DeCastro but I still wish we would have taken DeCastro. Maybe it's just me though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5837
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep Lee and see if Cochart can go to the PS
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group