Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bengals Roster - As it Stands
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
The staff seems like they want to give Binns a shot at the #2. I always liked him at Cincy

What makes you think they want to give a 2nd year player who didn't even make the roster last year the #2 WR job?

Marvin Lewis stated that Binns would get a shot at the #2 position.

Gruden also said he would

"I think he can do a lot more than maybe people anticipated him doing, if he shows up in shape and in the right frame of mind, I foresee him making a major impact with our offense next year...He got into great shape and made a ton of plays. Then we got him some reps in our offense and he's really been a great surprise for us. We're hoping the momentum carries into this season." Gruden on Binns

I guess context would be a key here. If he was asked specifically about Binns then I would say he just didn't want to bad mouth him, but if they brought up Binns, then perhaps there is something there. I went and looked up his scouting profile from last years drafts and it was pretty solid. 4.50 40 time at 6'3" 210 lbs with good production at Cincinnati in college. Could definitely be a sleeper.

Since it's march still, I'd chalk it up to coach speak. He may be given a shot, but there will definetly be competition.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Green-Ellis, and moved Peerman to the Projected Cuts section

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

That's the right call.

It'll get tricky if/when a RB is drafted. Because i can't see the team cutting Leonard. I could see them cutting Scott if the right RB is drafted, because let's be honest...what's his role if BJGE and DraftPick split the carries and Leonard handles 3rd down duties?

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
futbudds

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

That's the right call.

It'll get tricky if/when a RB is drafted. Because i can't see the team cutting Leonard. I could see them cutting Scott if the right RB is drafted, because let's be honest...what's his role if BJGE and DraftPick split the carries and Leonard handles 3rd down duties?

Unless Richardson falls I don't see the bengals grabbing a rb unless he's a project, a la practice squad.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see the Bengals carrying 4 RB in addition to Pressley as a FB this year, so 5 backs total. More rotation, more pounding the ball, especially if we draft Decastro or Glenn.

antone316

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
The staff seems like they want to give Binns a shot at the #2. I always liked him at Cincy

What makes you think they want to give a 2nd year player who didn't even make the roster last year the #2 WR job?

"I think he can do a lot more than maybe people anticipated him doing, if he shows up in shape and in the right frame of mind, I foresee him making a major impact with our offense next year...He got into great shape and made a ton of plays. Then we got him some reps in our offense and he's really been a great surprise for us. We're hoping the momentum carries into this season." Gruden on Binns

I guess context would be a key here. If he was asked specifically about Binns then I would say he just didn't want to bad mouth him, but if they brought up Binns, then perhaps there is something there. I went and looked up his scouting profile from last years drafts and it was pretty solid. 4.50 40 time at 6'3" 210 lbs with good production at Cincinnati in college. Could definitely be a sleeper.

Since it's march still, I'd chalk it up to coach speak. He may be given a shot, but there will definetly be competition.

With all your Binns talk what do you think about the Bengals bringing in Rutgers' Sanu for a visit? Could he last till us in the 2nd round?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antone316 wrote:
theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

With all your Binns talk what do you think about the Bengals bringing in Rutgers' Sanu for a visit? Could he last till us in the 2nd round?

I like him at 53 not 17 or 21

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanu could be a great possession receiver, kind of a more athletic Houshmanzadeh, but has definitely fallen out of rd one, but I doubt he lasts until 53. If they don't like their options at 21 and trade back to the top of rd 2, he'd be a good fit around there.

What scares the hell out of me is Marvin Lewis showing up at the Arizona State pro day along with me hearing we brought in Vontaze Burfict for a visit. I wouldn't draft him til rd 7 if at all, but I get this sinking feeling we'll take him in rd 3.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add WR Andre Caldwell to the 'lost FA's' list 'Duke'; him gone to Mile High......
antone316

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
What scares the hell out of me is Marvin Lewis showing up at the Arizona State pro day along with me hearing we brought in Vontaze Burfict for a visit. I wouldn't draft him til rd 7 if at all, but I get this sinking feeling we'll take him in rd 3.

I'm with you. When I heard that I was thinking 3rd rounder.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Adam Jones as the backup to Clements, which puts us at 10 DB's. Anyone think we carry 11? 10 seems right.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Harvey, and Collins, The roster is starting to fill out a bit.

Pretty much convinced we'll be getting a rd 1 WR at this point, be it Floyd, Wright, Hill, or a trade down from 21 to the top of rd 2 for Sanu, Jeffrey, or Randle.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Jammal Anderson in the Fanene role, and moved Nick Hayden to backup NDT, where he doesn't fit whatsoever, but I won't put him in the cut category until Peko has a backup whether it be Sims, a FA, or a draft choice.

Glad to hear Lawson to Carolina may have been premature. My guess is that they offered him a contract, he was set to sign, and we topped the offer.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Pat Sims (again) and moved Nick Hayden to the practice squad.

Anybody think if we get an UDT in the draft we cut Geathers and just use Anderson as Dunlap's backup? The dline is pretty much set, but I can't see us not taking any dline in the draft. With how they are filling holes in FA now, I think we might see some unexpected cuts.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Added Pat Sims (again) and moved Nick Hayden to the practice squad.

Anybody think if we get an UDT in the draft we cut Geathers and just use Anderson as Dunlap's backup? The dline is pretty much set, but I can't see us not taking any dline in the draft. With how they are filling holes in FA now, I think we might see some unexpected cuts.

I think it's possible. We still need a DT especially with Sims. I could see us using a 2 or 3 on one depending on value

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: