Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign CB Perrish Cox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CK785

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Overall, this is a good fit. Hes changing scenery and moving to a team with a lot of veteran players that can show him how hes supposed to conduct himself. Hopefully after these rape charges he'll be able to grow up a little and start to play football. Hes got all the talent in the world to play as a starting CB in the league, now its just up to him to put it together.

If Justin Smith and Patrick Willis can't keep him in line, no one can...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
You may be surprised to hear this but you guys are going to get a steal, IF he keeps his head on straight. Thats a big IF though. While in Denver, he made an instant impact. Perrish was a stud his rookie year stepping in for an injured Champ Bailey and even supplanted veteran Andre Goodman at the end of the year in the starting role opposite Champ.

Hes a very technical man-to-man cover CB, is physically gifted, and is a real playmaker. The one thing always holding him back, when in Denver, was his $.10 head. IF he can someone figure it out and focus on football this kid can be a VERY GOOD player in this league.

Overall, this is a good fit. Hes changing scenery and moving to a team with a lot of veteran players that can show him how hes supposed to conduct himself. Hopefully after these rape charges he'll be able to grow up a little and start to play football. Hes got all the talent in the world to play as a starting CB in the league, now its just up to him to put it together.

Thanks for your insight. I remember Niners fans wanting this kid in draft... 2nd or 3rd rd even at one point. Supposed to be a good K/P return option also, if I recall correctly. We'll see if he makes the final 53... if not, no big deal. Gotta trust that Baalke did his homework and really feels that Perrish has matured and can be of use.

Hes a phenomenal PR/KR. Didnt see much of him because of his one injury and the fact we had Eddie Royal around.

I actually believe Perrish broke the Big12 record in one of those KR/PR categories IIRC. Also, had a record for INT's too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could spell the end to both Carlos Rogers and Ted Ginn, might be a heck of a move by our front office..........Carl Nicks and Robert Meachem Pray

Twisted Evil

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CK785 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

If Justin Smith and Patrick Willis can't keep him in line, no one can...

Yes. Patrick Willis should whip him into shape OR whip his ars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember me wanting to draft this kid. He's definitely got talent, but I don't think he will be anything besides a 4 this year. Like the moss signing, this is more a talent and depth thing with potential. It doesn't alleviate the overall need at the position.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
I remember me wanting to draft this kid. He's definitely got talent, but I don't think he will be anything besides a 4 this year. Like the moss signing, this is more a talent and depth thing with potential. It doesn't alleviate the overall need at the position.

Never know. He could climb up the chart.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked him coming out and always rooted for him. I'm happy with the signing. I still hope we get rogers back. Hopefully he pushes for the #4 spot because I'm not a big fan of Brock.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he is making that much, so although it probably lessens the likelihood a bit, Rogers is still an option.

He has a relationship with Donatell, so hopefully Ed mines some gold. I trust the FO.

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
CloudKicker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually excited for this signing. I love these low risk, high reward signings.

He has a potential to fulfill the role of Rogers and Ginn, saving us money and allowing us to use that money on someone like Carl Nicks....

I realize he may not be as good as Rogers, but he could play the Nickel and allow for Culliver and Brown to do their thing, while still giving us depth.

Props to Peppers90 on the sig

Point Pacific. TTKA
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, I think if we discipline him correctly and keep him out of trouble (and he keeps himself outta trouble) he will be very good, possibly our #1.
adamq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solid pick up. no real risk here, and this kid has a ton of talent

-kiltman
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, just cover your drink and don't fall asleep around this guy. You may accidentally get some semen in you.

Lack of evidence??? How about an unwanted kid for the girl???

SMH. Confused Sad Embarassed

Raider X hooked me with the sig
foreveryoung94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Jeez, just cover your drink and don't fall asleep around this guy. You may accidentally get some semen in you.

Lack of evidence??? How about an unwanted kid for the girl???

SMH. Confused Sad Embarassed
You come into our forum for this?? Cox was on trial, didnt settle or take a plea bargain but instead was ACQUITTED! but of course you know better than those who were there to see and judge the man on trial right? give me a break Twisted Evil Why dont you climb back into your basement. try not to be locked in by Seabass though

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perrish Cox: The 49ers know what kind of guy I am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/perrish-cox-the-49ers-know-what-kind-of-guy-i-am/

Quote:
Cox said he personally met Jed York and Trent Baalke so they could figure out what kind of guy I am. Although he did not address the specifics of the case against him, Cox said he has assured the 49ers that hell never be an off-field problem. I never want to be in the position that I was in before ever again, Cox said. Thats not me. Im not that type of guy. To prove that, I will show the community, and the coaches, and the team, what type of guy I am, and can be. From here on out, Ill show it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I think we are signing guys like this is because our FO already has shown they don't play games. Braylon isn't productive? Cut. If Cox steps out of line I wouldn't be surprised if he got his walking papers the next day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: