Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Urbik and Rinehart Tendered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Urbik and Rinehart Tendered Reply with quote

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-tender-RFAs-Rinehart-Urbik/e235ed30-7e21-4160-b398-aa29f1817bbb?module=HP11_headline_stack

Quote:
The Bills retained the right of first refusal for a pair of offensive linemen that made significant contributions in the 2011 season. Restricted free agents Chad Rinehart and Kraig Urbik were both extended qualifying tender offers by the club.

Good to have them back!

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see us retain some more solid pieces.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this a lot. And if we do end up losing one we will get another 3rd rounder so thats a bonus!

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
buffalobob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we certain that they were tendered at the "Original Round" level? This seems most likely, considering that they both had salary cap hits around $700,000 in 2011, and I saw that the original round tender is $1,260,000.

Of course, if you lose important parts of your O-line, it can be difficult to find good replacements in the third round of the draft. According to Walter Football, they are both among the best guards available in free agency. It would have been nice to assign them first round ($2,740,000) or second round ($1,920,000) tenders, but the cost would have just been too high.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I like this a lot. And if we do end up losing one we will get another 3rd rounder so thats a bonus!

Agreed. And a 3rd rounder this year definitely can have some really good value depending on position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: