Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL Thread (Peyton leaning DEN)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23981
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton to meet with the Dolphins.
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 24027
Location: 414
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Peyton to meet with the Dolphins.
I seen that he is meeting with Joe Philbin and Mike Munchak but not visiting either teams facilities
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4314
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Peyton to meet with the Dolphins.
I seen that he is meeting with Joe Philbin and Mike Munchak but not visiting either teams facilities


Yeah, the ESPN bloggers are thinking that's it's more like a courtesy visit more than anything.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23981
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
stallyns wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Peyton to meet with the Dolphins.
I seen that he is meeting with Joe Philbin and Mike Munchak but not visiting either teams facilities


Yeah, the ESPN bloggers are thinking that's it's more like a courtesy visit more than anything.


they're clearly going to pull out all the stops though, more so because they know they dont have as much time etc. its getting interesting.

apparently Houston have made inquiries?
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4314
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Manning met with TENN the longest so....anyways, I looked at their schedule next year and it looks pretty brutal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ockham


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 3243
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schedule not too tough. We play the Colts twice. Smile
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColtsFan40


Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 1398
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Titans are trying to use a position in their font office as a ploy to sign Peyton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

My question is why would he even consider this. Its not like Irsay wouldn't give him a job within the organization the day after he retired. Irsay has already offered a front office job to Saturday (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7543014/jeff-saturday-indianapolis-colts-eyed-front-office-jobs ), so is there any doubt he would do the same for Peyton
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4314
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
So the Titans are trying to use a position in their font office as a ploy to sign Peyton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

My question is why would he even consider this. Its not like Irsay wouldn't give him a job within the organization the day after he retired. Irsay has already offered a front office job to Saturday (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7543014/jeff-saturday-indianapolis-colts-eyed-front-office-jobs ), so is there any doubt he would do the same for Peyton


Yeah I would think he'd rather work for the Colts or the Saints, his hometown team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
blazingNITRO


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 474
Location: CT
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he signs a contract for life w the titans he is worse then Favre and a the ultimate middle finger to the colts organization
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 24027
Location: 414
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazingNITRO wrote:
If he signs a contract for life w the titans he is worse then Favre and a the ultimate middle finger to the colts organization
Not even close. Unlike Favre, Manning didn't try to force himself out of Indy to go to a division rival. The Colts released Manning.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23981
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazingNITRO wrote:
If he signs a contract for life w the titans he is worse then Favre and a the ultimate middle finger to the colts organization


it would be a bit rude. i actually kinda think it would be a deterant in terms of trying to lure him.
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4314
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
blazingNITRO wrote:
If he signs a contract for life w the titans he is worse then Favre and a the ultimate middle finger to the colts organization
Not even close. Unlike Favre, Manning didn't try to force himself out of Indy to go to a division rival. The Colts released Manning.


This. Also, Manning called Tennessee home before Indy so you can't blame him for that. If you look at it in terms of allegiance, even though he's been in Indy for so long, Tennessee came before Indy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4314
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot AGonzalez. I know you're an UFA but sign with the Pats why don't you....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group