Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Minnesota Timberwolves Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panther dude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I am very happy with this. Awesome pickup, we really needed to bring in a consistant shooter to spread the floor plus he's a decent athlete. Solid starter at the three, I wonder if he could slide over to the two if Derrick proves to be our starting small forward.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Budinger trade actually was a really good trade for both teams. I trust Rick Adelman here. It was apparently his trade.

I also read that we have offered Brandon Roy a contract. I would LOVE that signing. Even if we didnt play him all that much every night.

We are also in on Jamal Crawford again as well as Euro prospect Alexey Shved.

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
matt79511

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we be looking at a Rubio-Ridnour-Budinger-Love-Pekovic starting 5? I.e., all white?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Thats a possibility! I like to think of it as us having a pretty diverse lineup since Ricky and Pek aren't Americans. We just need Derrick to prove he can be our starting three and then we'd have the complete set! Razz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't too excited about any of the guys available at 18 (liked Perry Jones but he doesn't fit here and has rumored injury issues) so it makes me feel better about the Budinger trade. Good fit for this roster, knows Adelman and his scheme, almost guaranteed to be better this year than anyone we would have gotten at 18.

Heard a lot of talk about Williams being shopped, I wonder if we're just gauging interest (looking for the right move) or if we're actively looking to move him. I like him quite a bit, and still think he could be a really good player, but he doesn't fit with Love at PF. I'd trade him for a good young player or prospect, but I'm not a fan of some of the rumored D-Will for Iggy or K-Mart deals since they seem like temporary moves which won't end up putting us over the edge.

great work by 13sieve
panther dude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I like Robbie Hummel. Im a Big Ten guy so that works for me. Hopefully he does well in the summer league, he has a chance to make this roster.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring night, us Wolves fans arent used to that on Draft Night! I like Hummel if his knees can hold up. I like his 3 point stroke. If he could come off the bench and knock down the wide open threes that Rubio gets him and scores about 10 a game in the future, its a very sucessful pick. Last year we had trouble hitting the shots that were even wide open and now with the additions of Budinger and Hummel it looks like thats improved.

The Budinger pick looks good after tonight. Not many options there that would have filled a void for us. We are not done though and I hope we are very active in free agency. I would love Brandon Roy AND Shved signed. Even Jamal Crawford or J.R Smith would be fine with me.

But the quest for an all white nba team continues. Laughing Make that 8!

PPG RPG APG
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
Boring night, us Wolves fans arent used to that on Draft Night! I like Hummel if his knees can hold up. I like his 3 point stroke. If he could come off the bench and knock down the wide open threes that Rubio gets him and scores about 10 a game in the future, its a very sucessful pick. Last year we had trouble hitting the shots that were even wide open and now with the additions of Budinger and Hummel it looks like thats improved.

The Budinger pick looks good after tonight. Not many options there that would have filled a void for us. We are not done though and I hope we are very active in free agency. I would love Brandon Roy AND Shved signed. Even Jamal Crawford or J.R Smith would be fine with me.

But the quest for an all white nba team continues. Laughing Make that 8!

Definitely going Mpls Lakers here.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, apparently we are linked to Pau again. When is this going to stop? I guess we offered them Williams again and they declined. Why does Kahn keep trying? Seriously, this isnt a team that is not going to win a championship while Pau is good and he is overpaid the way it is! Just let them keep thinking that Gasol is worth more then he really is. I remember the rumors where last year when they said Kahn offered Williams and Kevin Love for Gasol. So stupid. Rolling Eyes I guess I dont understand why we would trade a 20 year old who has potential to be a wing player in the future for 31 year old who has been declining, has no defense and plays the same position as 2 of the best players currently on the roster. One more point is that Derrick definitely showed potential last year, but he also struggled so his value is pretty low for what it could be. Why sell him while his value is low? I guess that is why they are the mighty Lakers and we are the measly Timberwolves because we make stupid decisions. For whatever reason I have backed Kahn, but if he does this I want him run out of town.

I did read something that said Batum's agent told Portland not to call them. He is a restricted free agent but this is good. Portland has been low balling him and we have a ton of cap space. OJ Mayo became and unrestricted free agent also. I just hope we dont make any stupid trades and go through free agency now.

PPG RPG APG
KGB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I want Pau because he may be able to entice Rubio to stay in a small market, which wont happen otherwise; they are National teammates so it might happen. Its not the European way at all, especially the Spanish way in which Rubio grew up in, with extremely talented spanish players on Real Madrid or Barcelona that never see the pitch the flock to the big places. Also I like Derrick Williams, but lets be honest: he is a 4 in a 3's body. He can't handle the rock and doesnt have a consistent pullup, he's a lot like Thaddeus Young imo, with a ceiling of Lamar Odom. I dont think he should be untouchable at all, and I would pull the trigger on a Pau deal. Im not big on Pau, but how are you supposed to attract FAs in a small market without a winning tradition? Wolves cant build through the draft like OKC, because next year wolves will be picking at the end of the lottery if they dont make the playoffs.
Cantwin1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
So, apparently we are linked to Pau again. When is this going to stop? I guess we offered them Williams again and they declined. Why does Kahn keep trying? Seriously, this isnt a team that is not going to win a championship while Pau is good and he is overpaid the way it is! Just let them keep thinking that Gasol is worth more then he really is. I remember the rumors where last year when they said Kahn offered Williams and Kevin Love for Gasol. So stupid. Rolling Eyes I guess I dont understand why we would trade a 20 year old who has potential to be a wing player in the future for 31 year old who has been declining, has no defense and plays the same position as 2 of the best players currently on the roster. One more point is that Derrick definitely showed potential last year, but he also struggled so his value is pretty low for what it could be. Why sell him while his value is low? I guess that is why they are the mighty Lakers and we are the measly Timberwolves because we make stupid decisions. For whatever reason I have backed Kahn, but if he does this I want him run out of town.

I did read something that said Batum's agent told Portland not to call them. He is a restricted free agent but this is good. Portland has been low balling him and we have a ton of cap space. OJ Mayo became and unrestricted free agent also. I just hope we dont make any stupid trades and go through free agency now.

My thoughts exactly.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGB wrote:
To be honest, I want Pau because he may be able to entice Rubio to stay in a small market, which wont happen otherwise; they are National teammates so it might happen. Its not the European way at all, especially the Spanish way in which Rubio grew up in, with extremely talented spanish players on Real Madrid or Barcelona that never see the pitch the flock to the big places. Also I like Derrick Williams, but lets be honest: he is a 4 in a 3's body. He can't handle the rock and doesnt have a consistent pullup, he's a lot like Thaddeus Young imo, with a ceiling of Lamar Odom. I dont think he should be untouchable at all, and I would pull the trigger on a Pau deal. Im not big on Pau, but how are you supposed to attract FAs in a small market without a winning tradition? Wolves cant build through the draft like OKC, because next year wolves will be picking at the end of the lottery if they dont make the playoffs.

Ok so trade our only real good trade piece for player that at his position we are already set at? Williams and maybe some bad contracts are the only real enticing trade pieces we have now. Why not trade them for a 2 guard? Gasol will eat away at cap so we are unable to sign a player at a position in free agency we are desperate at, AKA wing players if we decide to go that route! And Williams has the potential to be a 3 this year. He has lost some weight over the offseason and I like to give players more then one year before judging them. This would just not be a good move on the Wolves part. That means we bench Pek and give him less minutes then? Pau and Love on the court together would be absolutely atrocious defensively. Things like this, loading at positions we are already stacked at is why we have been a laughing stock of the NBA.

You say Pau would entice Rubio to stay here. But by the time Rubio is in his contract year Pau will be completely washed up on his way out of the league. Besides, he gets along with the whole team already and has said he absolutely loves Minnesota!

I just dont see many positives here and way to many negatives to do this. If anything trade him for Martin or Iguodala. We actually need talent at those positions unlike the 4/5.

PPG RPG APG
VikesGuy07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini Batum update today (although not sure I totally trust the reporter here, but it's something to chew on while Wolves fans wait).

Quote:
An NBA source close to the situation tells Dwight Jaynes of CSNNW.com that restricted free agent forward Nicolas Batum will not return to the Portland Trail Blazers “under any circumstances for a variety of reasons.”

Batum is said to have informed the team of his wishes. He visited the Minnesota Timberwolves this week and reportedly was offered a four-year, $45 million deal. That’s a far cry from the extension the Blazers offered Batum during the season, with a salary of around $6 million per year.

“Batum never wants to play in Portland again,” the source said, “and has determined that Minnesota is the best for him and his family.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolves have reportedly reached an agreement with Brandon Roy for 2 years in the neighborhood of $10 million.

The Sixers have also reportedly contacted the Wolves about an Andre Iguodala trade, and they're still talking to Nicolas Batum.

Edit: According to Jon Krawcyznski, Batum and the Wolves have agreed to a 4-year, $45 million offer sheet. The Blazers have said that they'll match pretty much any offer on Batum, so I guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Iggy and Roy compliment each other though?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 8 of 49

Jump to: