You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Minnesota Timberwolves Thread *KAT 4 ROTY*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Lavine he has the handle and ability to distribute almost as well as Rubio he's just not asked to do that.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, what has our problem been in third quarters. I believe we've played 7 games and had big time leads in 5 of them, and blown just about every single one of them because of third quarters. We are just having trouble adjusting to other teams adjustments. We pulled off the win tonight but we had a 27 point lead at halftime which we just about blew.

As expected, KAT, Wiggins and Lavine have been pretty awesome. Wiggins hit like 7 threes last night and Lavine had a career high of 37 tonight. These are our core guys so its great to see them doing well.

Tyus has impressed me as well. I was jacked when we drafted him. The guy is just a smart player and I hope we keep him around. He had 5 steals last night and had another good game tonight.

Dunn has not been too great offensively, but that was to be expected. His defense has been exactly what we expected though. He is awesome. If he can develop any type of offensive game, we have another really good one on our hands.

Credit: TheDeeeeej
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Lavine hit seven 3s Wiggins did have 29

tyus played well for the most part +19 when he was on the floor.

Its unfortunate they have to play big minutes in order to close this one out.
PurplePesci

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope the Wolves can continue to close games like that. Signs of what this team can be
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggins has been our best player this year for sure. The scoring has been great. His handle has improved as has his shot. He's averaging 27.4 a game but he's also starting to rebound more and pass more as well which is great to see. Andrew is going to be a great, great player. He's doing this all at 21 years old.

Towns has been a little disappointing, but that's just how high of expectations we have had for him. He's still averaging 22 and 9. He will pick it up though, he looked great last night against Philly.

I'm starting to like Dunn more than Rubio. It seems like whenever Rubio has a screen set against him, he never gets through it causing a switch. Dunn has the quickness to get through them and stay with his guy. If Dunn can develop a consistent offensive game he is going to be awesome.

All we need in the future is a 4 or 5 to go with Towns and then maybe move Dieng to the bench. I think that would be ideal.

DocHambone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These wolves are so frustrating. The talent is super obvious but they have to learn how to win games. I really thing we should be 9-4 instead of 4-9. I have to think they learn how to counter opposing teams runs and not blow games.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky Rubio has been really bad this year. I'm to the point where I'd like to see his minutes go to Dunn and Tyus. At least in years past he has been a heads up player which was nice even though he couldn't shoot. This year he has been offering nothing. A lot of bone head plays, stupid turnovers and still can't shoot. Just now Eric Bledsoe of the suns inbounded a ball off of him because and got an easy layup because Ricky had his back turned to him. A few possessions before that he was nonchalantly bringing the ball up court and got it stolen by a forward. Also Jim Peterson showed how teams defend us, Ricky's defender will always leave him and go double Towns/Wiggins which makes it even harder for those guys. I really think it is time to move on from him.

GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we moved back in the lottery.. again. How's this for a stat, we have been In the lottery 19 times. We have moved back 9 times, stayed the same 10 times and never moved up. So frustrating.

TENINCH

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
So we moved back in the lottery.. again. How's this for a stat, we have been In the lottery 19 times. We have moved back 9 times, stayed the same 10 times and never moved up. So frustrating.

disaacs wrote:

They were due in 1992...yet, they ended up with Christian Laettner. In 2007, they were still due...and ended up with Corey Brewer instead of Kevin Durant. And I won't even talk about Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn instead of...

We've been shafted pretty bad. Then Khan shafted us on his own.
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess Jonathan Isaac or hope someone like Tatum falls. Not really sure how to feel about Markkanen. Everyone says his defense is awful.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKINGS101011 wrote:
So I guess Jonathan Isaac or hope someone like Tatum falls. Not really sure how to feel about Markkanen. Everyone says his defense is awful.
If they are projecting his defense to the NBA, sure. But once he figured stuff out in college he was really good on defense.

El ramster on the sig
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:

disaacs wrote:

They were due in 1992...yet, they ended up with Christian Laettner. In 2007, they were still due...and ended up with Corey Brewer instead of Kevin Durant. And I won't even talk about Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn instead of...

We've been shafted pretty bad. Then Khan shafted us on his own.
How about when we had the number one odds in 2011, dropped to 2 and ended up with Derrick Williams instead of Kyrie Irving. It is seriously so frustrating. And the Cavs moved up 3 times in 4 years.. we can't do it once in 19.

But yeah. It's Isaac for me. We are a team that can gamble on his massive potential. I also wouldn't mind Markkanen or Monk.

VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Thibs is still looking at trading Rubio, I would have to consider Dennis Smith Jr.

1. Isaac
2. DSJ - If the plan is to trade Rubio still.
3. Markkanen
4. Zach Collins
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKINGS101011 wrote:
If Thibs is still looking at trading Rubio, I would have to consider Dennis Smith Jr.

1. Isaac
2. DSJ - If the plan is to trade Rubio still.
3. Markkanen
4. Zach Collins

Yeah, Darren Wolfson mentioned on some podcast yesterday too he heard the reason Rubio changed agents is to get him traded which is alright by me. Then I would be tickled by getting DSJ. I think he is going to be a stud. Then if we could trade Rubio for a 4 who can shoot or who is a good defender I think we would be in good shape.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Wolves made a bit of a splash last night if anyone is only checking this thread, they traded:

Dunn, Lavine, and #7

to the Bulls for:

Butler and #16

I like the deal for the Wolves a lot. I like Lavine as a young player, but getting Butler who is a good defender, scorer, passer, and rebounder (top 15-20 player in the league overall), immediately improves the Wolves and their chances at the playoffs. Plus Patton a big man who can hopefully provide more consistent big depth, that was a nice draft night.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 87 of 89

Jump to: