Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chad Ochocinco??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyfromNY456

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Chad Ochocinco?? Reply with quote

So, I know we are looking for a #2 to line up across from SJ13... So, with question marks around Easley, and what I believe to be a good #3 slot receiver battle between T.J. Graham and David Nelson, is #85 worth taking a look at? Perhaps bringing him in and working him out and giving him an incentive laiden contract might be worth thinking about. He didn't show much last year in New England, but many have said it was the complexity of their offense that he struggled with (added to the fact that I believe NE's offense looks to the TE more than any other team). If he could come in and contribute as a #2 with Stevie and then TJ or Nelson in the slot, it would allow us to better judge what we have with Easley being able to suit up for an NFL game. And puts us in a Win Now mode having a pretty decent starting 3 WR line up.

It would be similar to what we did with T.O. but I think with our offense now, Ochocinco can make an even bigger impact than T.O. did. T.O. didn't bring many (if any) off field issues with him, and neither did Ochocinco in New England.

I look forward to your thoughts and feedback.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like I hated the Vince Young signing, I don't want to bring in OchoCinco. The problem with guys like that (and Young) is that they may very well still have the mindset that they are a #1, whatever their position may be. Stevie is our #1, and I don't think we should bring in anyone who may think they should be our #1. I know that all pro athletes want to be #1, and that's fine, but if we bring anyone in, it should be a guy who knows he's a #2, much like we were trying to do with Meachem.

Add to that, Stevie already has enough of an attitude as it is without a veteran presence like OchoCinco around. If we were to bring in a veteran guy, I would rather bring in someone who would be able to mentor Stevie, not add to his ego. I think Ocho would only hurt Stevie's maturation, not as a WR, but as a team player, and humble human being. I'm not trying to get all moral, but Stevie really doesn't need anyone else teaching him how to draw the attention to himself..... He does that just fine on his own.

All in all I think it'd be a bad move, but I also thought the VY signing was a bad move, and I seem to be in the minority on that too.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Nucealius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I like Ochocinco, but not on my team.

Thanks to NickChowaniec for the sig.

NFL- Buffalo Bills
College- Tennessee Vols
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard not to want my favorite non-Bill. But like BigBillsFan said, we don't need anymore unwanted attention and immaturity.

I wouldn't be upset if we signed him, I just don't see Buddy Nix & Co. doing it.

Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with his antics aside, his strong point as a WR was route running, and he was cut from New England for his problems with routes, he is done.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the point is moot anyway...

Ochocinco Signs With Dolphins
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Insomniac99

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone feel like we just dodged a bullet?
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insomniac99 wrote:
Anyone feel like we just dodged a bullet?

I actually think we improved by getting to face him twice a week, assuming he isn't riding the bench.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills probably didn't consider him simply because a 34-year old isn't going to be a long term answer for much of anything.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
The Bills probably didn't consider him simply because a 34-year old isn't going to be a long term answer for much of anything.

Yes, and he would just hinder the progression of our young WRs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

TO didn't hinder Stevie's progress. If anything it allowed the coaches to not rush him into the offense and let him learn before getting onto the field. Just an observation. I don't think signing Chad would have hurt them at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

TO didn't hinder Stevie's progress. If anything it allowed the coaches to not rush him into the offense and let him learn before getting onto the field. Just an observation. I don't think signing Chad would have hurt them at all.

Agree that he wouldn't hurt stevie at all. I do think he would affect the younger guys much in the way TO hurt us before. Chan isn't jauron and chan would have played our receivers more. It was infuriating seeing guys like Fine or Royal running routes with reed parrish stevie on the bench. I like chans free agency philosophy of players in there prime or getting into there prime, not there decline.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt want Ocho on the bills if they were going to get a veteran wr I would run the risk of going after Plaxico just because he is a bigger target and his route running is better on intermediate plays which is what the bills would need opposite to stevie. I also would rather choose Sims Wlaker because he is younger and still has a chance to be decent and I also would prefer Edwards even if he has an issue with his knee he will get healthier and still younger than ochocinco. I even think trading a late round pick for James Jones would be a better choice even if giving up a pick for a #2 wr

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: