Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bountygate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Bountygate Reply with quote

I'm surprised we don't have a thread on this yet, but the Panthers could be in position to take the NFC South crown as early as next season. The Saints are looking at suspensions/fines/draft pick loses, and could be losing some key players with Colston and Nicks.

When I first heard of this, I immediately thought of the Roman Harper hit on Steve Smith after he walked into the endzone.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bountygate Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:
I'm surprised we don't have a thread on this yet, but the Panthers could be in position to take the NFC South crown as early as next season. The Saints are looking at suspensions/fines/draft pick loses, and could be losing some key players with Colston and Nicks.

When I first heard of this, I immediately thought of the Roman Harper hit on Steve Smith after he walked into the endzone.
That ... actually makes sense. If there's one player for the Panthers you would have wanted to take out over the last couple of years, it'd be Smith.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clear that this could be a possibility with all of the problems circling that organization right now. Too many questions around the Saints organization, but a down year by the Saints could propel us into the next level and probably make a run at the playoffs. I would rather just pummel the Saints with everyone in tact, but I can't complain if this propels us either.

Outside of Bountygate, they have the possibility of Brees leaving, which would destroy that team. Ultimately, they would probably go into a rebuild mode for a couple of years with a fire sale in the process to accumulate and draft picks they can.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am concerned, we are looking the best going into the future in the NFC South.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Moody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely presents us an opportunity to take over the division. The falcons had our number last year but I think with a stronger defense we can make Ryan look average. I think Ryan has basically capped out his potential.

Nothing brings a smile to my face like watching Steve Smith own whichever DB Greg Williams sacrificed.
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bountygate Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:

The first one I thought of was the hit by Fujita where he tried to tear up Smith's knee. Always hated him after that.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bountygate Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

The first one I thought of was the hit by Fujita where he tried to tear up Smith's knee. Always hated him after that.
Don't remember that. When was it?

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bountygate Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

Don't remember that. When was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhgrqETk_JQ

This video makes me so angry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a serious shot. saints are in disarray after this and they are losing some key players (i dont think brees is going anywhere tho)
falcons i think have reached their peak as ryan isn't getting much better and i think turner is gunna get worn down. bucs are a mess. so the south is wide open. if we beef up our d, why not us?
BTW this bountygate is gunna have everyone scrutinizing every defensive play this year. i wonder how the refs will play into this as well with roughness penalties etc

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they soon learn their lesson

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
shaX 07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more.

New Orelans- BountyGate, disgruntled star QB, possible loss of star OG and Colston, loss of Defensive coordinator, coaches fined/suspended, loss of draft picks, etc.

Atlanta- Losing some key players on defense, not much of a running game to speak of (Turner on the decline). Matt Ryan still can't play well outdoors.

Tampa Bay- New head coach, weak running game, mediocre receiving core, no DBs to speak of.

We really could surprise the world in 2012 by taking the cake in the NFC South. I for one am truly excited to see what we can do this year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say it, but I have high expectations for next year. I expect atleast 10 wins, especially with our schedule.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer came down. Cam was a specific target one of 4 top Qb's named

Thanks CK
bhughes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be the final straw that brings drew brees to demand to be traded. Saints in the NFC south deweller for next 5 years.
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grouped together with warner, favre, and rodgers. he should be honored.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: