Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who dat gonna pay...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/Public-News/NFLPA-Makes-Exhibits-Available-for-Review/

The NFLPA released evidence. Look at p. 85 in the first doc. It will take a while to download.

Minny game.

QB out -

Vilma $10k
Grant $10k
Ornstein $10k
Vitt $5K

So a $35,000 bounty to knock Favre out. Shame on you New Orleans!
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the Saints players would stop insulting everyone's intelligence and just own up to what went on. Everyone who watched the 2009 NFC Championship could see that the Saints were trying to take Favre out of the game, legally or otherwise. Now all the bounty evidence is there in black and white and they're still acting like it was all some sort of inside joke that has been blown out of proportion by a league that is somehow out to get them.

Then again, maybe I'm expecting too much. If they thought it was OK to win the Super Bowl this way in the first place, then the thought of lying about it afterward probably doesn't provide much of a moral dilemma for them.

Sad

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped paying attention to what Saints' players/coaches were saying a long time ago. Anything that comes out of their mouth seems to be contradictory to the evidence laid out before everyone. Either they think people are ignorant, or they are truly deluded and believe that what they are saying is true...I think we see lots of people in the public eye these days that are like that...but usually, they are running for office, not for a touchdown. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I stopped paying attention to what Saints' players/coaches were saying a long time ago. Anything that comes out of their mouth seems to be contradictory to the evidence laid out before everyone. Either they think people are ignorant, or they are truly deluded and believe that what they are saying is true...I think we see lots of people in the public eye these days that are like that...but usually, they are running for office, not for a touchdown. Wink

Well, I'm a big fan of Formula 1 racing and this type of stuff goes on all the time. Teams and individual drivers routinely resort to dirty tricks, sometimes resorting to vehicular assault, and always lie about it afterward.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/24/remi-ayodele-remains-silent-on-whether-he-said-give-me-my-money/

Quote:
Cut by the Vikings the same day the NFL announced the punishments of the various non-players in the bounty scandal and re-signed by the Saints five days after the league announced the player suspensions, defensive tackle Remi Ayodele widely is believed in league circles as being the person who says “give me my money” on the notorious sideline video from the 2009 NFC title game.

Yikes Remi. This may not be good for him. I did always find it interesting that he was coincidentally cut the same day the NFL announced punishments related to the scandal.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8089995/brett-favre-upset-losing-2010-nfc-title-game-not-new-orleans-saints-bounties

Quote:
"My feeling, and I mean this wholeheartedly, is that I really don't care," Favre, a Mississippi native who grew up a Saints fan, said in an interview with NFL Network. "What bothers me is we didn't win the game. And they didn't take me out of the game. They came close, but a lot of people have come close.

"I'm too stubborn to come out. Plus, that was kind of a big game. I'm not going to sit the last three minutes. I'm going to go out there with bones sticking out of the skin, I'm going to finish it."

What most of us already knew...Favre doesn't care about the Bounty.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^But he should care! What happens when his ankle causes him so much pain he can hardly stand or walk? What the Saints players did to him was criminal assault, put simply. He and Warner (and others) should be filing civil suits against the Saints players/coaches/organization.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
^But he should care! What happens when his ankle causes him so much pain he can hardly stand or walk? What the Saints players did to him was criminal assault, put simply. He and Warner (and others) should be filing civil suits against the Saints players/coaches/organization.

I think the reason he doesn't care is that it makes no difference to him on the field. Players will hit to hurt, can't stop that. The reason the Saints are in the dog house is because they actually paid their players to do it, but there are many players who still do it, even without the bounty.

Edit: Besides, the guy is retired and isn't lacking in the silverware department. What does he have to gain by fantasizing about a ''what if'' scenario? What's done is done, and the Vikings did enough themselves to lose that game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8275952/nfl-files-evidence-backing-commissioner-roger-goodell-jonathan-vilma-case

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS -- The NFL on Thursday provided a federal judge with what it says is evidence commissioner Roger Goodell did not improperly pre-judge the four players suspended in the bounty investigation.

The evidence includes a copy of a letter the NFL Players' Association sent the league on March 7 asking Goodell to delay punishment of players implicated in the bounty probe.

It also includes a sworn declaration from Goodell in which he states he was prepared to hand down player discipline at the same time he announced suspensions for coaches and executives on March 21. Goodell's declaration states he held off after verbally agreeing to do so in a phone conversation with union head DeMaurice Smith.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the official start of the 2012 regular season approaches, all eyes could quickly be shifting to Louisiana, if Judge Helen G. Berrigan lifts the bounty suspensions of Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, Saints defensive end Will Smith, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, and free-agent defensive end Anthony Hargrove.

Judge Berrigan could — and should — make a decision today. A request for a temporary restraining order makes time of the essence. The players believe they’ll be irreparably harmed if they aren’t permitted to play on Sunday. Even if Judge Berrigan disagrees (and her statements at the August 10 hearing in the case suggest that she agrees), she should make a ruling before Sunday. Otherwise, no ruling will operate as a rejection of the motion to lift the suspensions until the case concludes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/05/bounty-gavel-could-drop-any-minute-now/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aahhhh, another unintended consequence of the Williams' Wall Starcaps case...players using the legal system to try to delay suspensions no matter what the infractions were that caused the suspension.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only one business day remaining before the first Sunday of the 2012 regular season, Judge Helen G. Berrigan will issue a ruling, one way or the other, on Friday.

Even if she doesn’t issue a ruling, she necessarily will issue a ruling. By failing to grant the pending motions to lift the suspensions of Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, Saints defensive end Will Smith, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, and free-agent defensive end Anthony Hargrove, Judge Berrigan will essentially be denying the motions.

There’s no reason for further delay. As explained by Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the NFL has filed its written response to the most recent motion to lift the suspensions pending a final decision on whether the suspensions would be overturned. The ball is now in Judge Berrigan’s court.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/06/a-friday-ruling-from-judge-berrigan-is-inevitable/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/09/goodell-tells-vilma-i-am-persuaded-you-put-a-bounty-on-favre/

Quote:
“I find, based on all of these facts and the entire record described above, that you did, in fact, pledge money to any teammate who injured or disabled Mr. Favre to an extent that he would not be able to continue playing in the playoff game,” Goodell wrote to Vilma. “I recognize that you and some of your teammates have denied that you made such a pledge or claim not to recall your doing so, but I am persuaded, based on the entirety of the record before me, that you did so. And I find that such a pledge or any similar incentive is conduct detrimental.”

Interesting.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"My feeling, and I mean this wholeheartedly, is that I really don't care," Favre, a Mississippi native who grew up a Saints fan, said in an interview with NFL Network. "What bothers me is we didn't win the game. And they didn't take me out of the game. They came close, but a lot of people have come close.

"I'm too stubborn to come out. Plus, that was kind of a big game. I'm not going to sit the last three minutes. I'm going to go out there with bones sticking out of the skin, I'm going to finish it."

A football warrior for the ages. It was truly an honor having Favre lead our team for the time he did, all the hoopla aside. I have the utmost respect for him.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Quote:

A football warrior for the ages. It was truly an honor having Favre lead our team for the time he did, all the hoopla aside. I have the utmost respect for him.

Jay Cutler should take notice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: