Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who dat gonna pay...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregg Williams: "I want to express my sincere regret and apology to the NFL, Mr. Benson, and the New Orleans Saints fans for my participation in the ‘pay for performance’ program while I was with the Saints. It was a terrible mistake and we knew it was wrong while we were doing it. Instead of getting caught up in it, I should have stopped it. I have learned a hard lesson and I guarantee that I will never participate in or allow this kind of activity to happen again."

https://twitter.com/ProFootballWkly

sad what the guys say after they're busted. as he sure didn't have this attitude when it was current.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
"In the week of the NFC Championship Game," Schefter said on NFL Live Friday, "Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma put $10,000 in cash on a table and said 'this goes to the guy that knocks out Brett Favre.'" Those weren't Vilma's exact words, but they were similar, according to Schefter.

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
"In the week of the NFC Championship Game," Schefter said on NFL Live Friday, "Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma put $10,000 in cash on a table and said 'this goes to the guy that knocks out Brett Favre.'" Those weren't Vilma's exact words, but they were similar, according to Schefter.

That should really anger some people. That cost us a Super Bowl and turning a crappy decade of football in Minnesota into something really positive.
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm speechless but not surprised. After reading about it Vilma should be banned from the NFL, along with Gregg Williams.

I wonder if this will be our generations Black Sox scandal.

Xbox GT: pick617
bennett23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
I'm speechless but not surprised.

Agreed. That 09/10 NFC Championship Game had some of the worst late hits and cheap shots I've ever seen.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I thought cheapshotting Favre on the crackback block was very unsportsmanlike, but fussing over this 'bounty' is a bit hyprocritical.

Or did we forget that NFL linebackers get paid millions of dollars to put opposing RB's and QB's in the hospital? It's their raison d'etre, can't get mad at a guy doing his job.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a sad society we live in, that would condone intentionally trying to hurt another person just to win a game.

Beat them fair and square, or don't, but don't try to hurt another person for personal gain. This is not different than what a famous skater did. This is no different than me hitting someone on the way into an interview we are both doing to stop him from getting the job.

Sure, you can get hurt as a natural consequence of the game, but this is different.

Oh, and many sick fans will cheer this, and the NFL will do nothing, and the players and coaches will get off scott free. And the children we are raising will continue to be reminded that the ends justify the means.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
the NFL will do nothing,

that, i doubt.

Webmaster wrote:
Freakout

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Honestly, I thought cheapshotting Favre on the crackback block was very unsportsmanlike, but fussing over this 'bounty' is a bit hyprocritical.

Or did we forget that NFL linebackers get paid millions of dollars to put opposing RB's and QB's in the hospital? It's their raison d'etre, can't get mad at a guy doing his job.

How can you not see the difference? Players will get hurt due to the nature of the game but that is completely different than intentionally trying to injure them.

Just like when AD accused the Saints of intentionally twisting his leg that he just came back from due to a high ankle sprain.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

How can you not see the difference? Players will get hurt due to the nature of the game but that is completely different than intentionally trying to injure them.

Just like when AD accused the Saints of intentionally twisting his leg that he just came back from due to a high ankle sprain.

That's not within the rules though. Intentionally rolling over a guys ankle, or hitting his head to cause a concussion, that's not allowed.

Putting as much brute force into a legal hit, with the intention to wreck the opposition, and possibly hurt them, is well within the rules.

The nature of the game is violence. Intentionally injuring someone =/= legally hitting with the intent to injure.

DJC71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope they throw the book at them. Looks like Vikes were harmed most by this so we should get their next 3 1st rd picks and maybe an OL and WR of our choice.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC71 wrote:
Hope they throw the book at them. Looks like Vikes were harmed most by this so we should get their next 3 1st rd picks and maybe an OL and WR of our choice.

Now this I can get behind Laughing

randy84 4ever

Location: Sunny Tempe Arizona, home of the Hottest ASU co-eds
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to "Punch Greg Williams in the weiner"
PurpleProwess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete.

Some gave all, All gave some.

All posting to be done henceforth via Phone. I apologize for the errors.

Last edited by PurpleProwess on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
DJC71 wrote:

Now this I can get behind Laughing
Maybe we should get their first until we win a superbowl & Cards get their second until they do. Very Happy

Be interesting what happens to the NFL's "beloved" saints franchise. I firmly believe the league/refs consorted to award them that superbowl. There's just no way the game should have been called like that. late hits ignored, no interference calls, phantom interference calls, ... There was just so much. There's just no way it could have been accidental that all bad calls/non-calls went against the Vikes in that quantity. I don't think there's ever been anything as unevenly officiated at a professional level. NFL should fine/suspend itself for that.

But I'm not bitter....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28

Jump to: