Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Movie News/Buzz Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrILL!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
The 90's one had such terrible animation altho so many kids grew up with it there's a nostalgic factor. The Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends from the 80's was dope esp the music. The 60's ones not so much. This new Ultimate Spider-Man is garbage. Spectacular Spider-Man is still the best adaptation I've seen. Premier storytelling, dialogue, and stunning animation. The Venom symbiote arc was exceptional TV. Too bad Sony did jack that take for Spider-Man 3.
What??? It was 1 of the first Cartoons to feature computer animation (just backgrounds). You kids nowadays just don't appreciate how cool hand drawn animation is. I suppose you think 90s X-men was bad too Rolling Eyes

Well, I just broke down each Spidey cartoon (with the exception of MTV's with NPH) so there's that. Yes, the 90's X-Men was terrible too animation-wise. It was the same studio- Nelvana and they were AWFUL. The one thing going for both of those is how closely they followed the comics. The animation is so bad but nostalgia has clouded this. Amazing Friends had better animation and it was a decade earlier almost. I don't know of any "kids" who've seen that.

You want to see a better X-Men cartoon, find the pilot Pryde of the X-Men. Animation, story and casting were great. Duke from G.I. JOE was Cyclops. Cool

You Already Know ... This Is What I Do
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I've seen the trailer for Now You See Me, several times now and everytime I do, I get even more excited to see it. It's probably my most anticipated film of the year. To me, it's like The Illusionist mixed with The Italian Job. Great ensemble cast.

http://youtu.be/UE5XcjTpsdo

I'm intrigued.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
The 90's one had such terrible animation altho so many kids grew up with it there's a nostalgic factor. The Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends from the 80's was dope esp the music. The 60's ones not so much. This new Ultimate Spider-Man is garbage. Spectacular Spider-Man is still the best adaptation I've seen. Premier storytelling, dialogue, and stunning animation. The Venom symbiote arc was exceptional TV. Too bad Sony did jack that take for Spider-Man 3.
What??? It was 1 of the first Cartoons to feature computer animation (just backgrounds). You kids nowadays just don't appreciate how cool hand drawn animation is. I suppose you think 90s X-men was bad too Rolling Eyes

Well, I just broke down each Spidey cartoon (with the exception of MTV's with NPH) so there's that. Yes, the 90's X-Men was terrible too animation-wise. It was the same studio- Nelvana and they were AWFUL. The one thing going for both of those is how closely they followed the comics. The animation is so bad but nostalgia has clouded this. Amazing Friends had better animation and it was a decade earlier almost. I don't know of any "kids" who've seen that.

You want to see a better X-Men cartoon, find the pilot Pryde of the X-Men. Animation, story and casting were great. Duke from G.I. JOE was Cyclops. Cool

Batman: TAS, Teen Titans and 90s X-Men>>>>> any other superhero show

I also liked X-Men Evolution. Justice League was beast too.

The 90s Spidey was the best for me. I'll admit though that nostalgia plays a big part in it. However, nostalgia has nothing to do with me liking 90s X-Men. It was just awesome. We can all agree B:TAS was amazing.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
thrILL!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman: TAS was indeed awesome. Teen Titans? LoL hell no that was bad. Young Justice >>>>>>>

Best Batman cartoon: Batman: TAS

Best Spider-Man cartoon: Spectacular Spider-Man

Best X-Men cartoon: Wolverine & The X-Men

Justice League Unlimited & Young Justice are both great too.

VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the sound of Superman's punches in the cartoons. I hope to hear the same in Man of Steel ok not really

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
Batman: TAS was indeed awesome. Teen Titans? LoL hell no that was bad. Young Justice >>>>>>>

Best Batman cartoon: Batman: TAS

Best Spider-Man cartoon: Spectacular Spider-Man

Best X-Men cartoon: Wolverine & The X-Men

Justice League Unlimited & Young Justice are both great too.

I am so sad they canceled Young Justice... I was loving it
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Warner Brothers Just gave the Entourage Movie a GREENLIGHT!!!! @mrdougellin @jerrycferrara @adriangrenier @jeremypiven #gametime

https://twitter.com/mrkevinconnolly/status/296452113570086912
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Quote:
Warner Brothers Just gave the Entourage Movie a GREENLIGHT!!!! @mrdougellin @jerrycferrara @adriangrenier @jeremypiven #gametime

Damnit! No. More. Entourage. Those last couple seasons were not very much fun. I suspect the movie won't be either.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

I remember Amazing friends, and no its animation was not better than 90s spiderman. That's like saying SuperFriends was on par w/ Justice League. Its simply not true.

As for X-men, I've loved em all, but Evolution is probably my favorite as it did the best job of capturing the spirit of the comic. Wolverine and the X-men was good, but it was a bastardization of the cannon.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Quote:

Damnit! No. More. Entourage. Those last couple seasons were not very much fun. I suspect the movie won't be either.

You bite your tongue!
thrILL!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Wolverine and the X-men was good, but it was a bastardization of the cannon.

It's a different medium so I'm not even slightly concerned about canon. It's a chance for new stories. I've been rereading a lot of old books I loved as a kid and let's just say the majority of Claremont's stuff doesn't stand up very well over time.

BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most anticipated film right now is easily The Place Beyond the Pines. I'm not sure a trailer has ever single-handedly grabbed my attention like that one did. Strong early reviews after debuting at the Toronto Film Festival too.

In other film news, PTA is close to getting Joaquin Phoenix for his lead role in Inherent Vice. He wants to start filming by the end of the year which is great news. RDJ apparently passed on the role. His loss.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/inherent-vice-joaquin-phoenix-robert-downey-jr_n_2545497.html
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
tinoynk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:

In other film news, PTA is close to getting Joaquin Phoenix for his lead role in Inherent Vice. He wants to start filming by the end of the year which is great news. RDJ apparently passed on the role. His loss.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/inherent-vice-joaquin-phoenix-robert-downey-jr_n_2545497.html

Kind of disappointed its not RDJ. I like how every one of his movies (except Magnolia) basically feature a different a-list actor. Marky Mark in Boogie Nights (though he wasn't really a-list at that point), Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love, DDL in TWBB and Phoenix in the Master. I wanted that to continue.

I read about 3/4 of Inherent Vice and generally liked it, but for whatever reason I stopped reading it regularly and figured I'd return it to the library and keep the last act of the story a surprise so when I see the movie I don't know what to expect. I feel like Downey would have been a better fit for the role, though Phoenix is great and I'm sure he can figure it out. As long as he gets PSH in there somewhere I'm happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDJ is too busy making mediocre films that make bazillions.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
RDJ is too busy making mediocre films that make bazillions.

Phoenix is too busy being a rapper. Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 68 of 99

Jump to: