Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official St. Louis Blues Thread Welcome Tarasenko!! LGB
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Official St. Louis Blues Thread Welcome Tarasenko!! LGB Reply with quote

I figured I'd make a thread for any Blues fans to talk as the team hopes to win Stanley Cup and bring it back to St. Louis!

Game 2 is over with and the series is tied going back to San Jose.

We had to win tonight, and boy did they deliver! Getting that goal was HUGE, but SJ took control of the play for a couple minutes there which Pavelski IIRC hit the post, but they got back to business in the second as Oshie made Demurs and Marleau just look incredibly stupid setting up Backes perfect for the one timer to make it 2-0.

Oh, we can't forget about the fights at the end. Sobotka whooped Pavelski's [inappropriate/removed], then ROMAN FREAKING POLAK. The guy is such a tank, he just absolutely DESTROYED Braun after Braun had to say something to Polak because he doesn't fight to often, but when he does, he will lay the hammer down.

I know SJ is all pissed because of Sobotka's "sucker punch" that I didn't notice in the stands, but I guess I forgot you have to have a perfectly straight nose to play? Moore just needs to man up. Hell, BJ looks like he has a broken nose everyday.

All in all, it was a great game, and I can't wait till Monday!

GO BLUES!

El Ramster on this beaut!

Last edited by bluesfreak74 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 9 times in total
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Want

Purpes17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oshie's feed to Backes was absolutely filthy
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purpes17 wrote:
Oshie's feed to Backes was absolutely filthy

That had to be on top 10 plays, but it probably wasn't. They probably had NBA dunks on 7 of the 10 when the guys are 6'8 and taller, which is sooo impressive.

Game 3 tonight and I'm beyond jacked! 9 o'clock can't get here soon enough!! Boy do I hate these West coast matchups though..

bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win tonight to take the series lead, 2-1.

PP on fire going 3-3 IIRC.

Not that worried about the two late goals, but it would have been nice to get the 4-1 win. Oh well though, a W is always a good thing in the playoffs.

Hate this long layoff till Thursday..

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they looked strong last night, as Panger said it seems like they got a bit of their swagger back. Something thats been missing the last few weeks of the regular season. Though, the way the Kings are lookin, I'm kinda glad they lost it for a bit lol

I'm lovin the play of Berglund right now. Figures, he's probably pissed I didn't add him onto my Sig.

And I agree, definitely sucks they don't play until Thursday, but the Cards/Reds series helps a bit. If Halak is healthy thursday, who do you go with?
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Yeah they looked strong last night, as Panger said it seems like they got a bit of their swagger back. Something thats been missing the last few weeks of the regular season. Though, the way the Kings are lookin, I'm kinda glad they lost it for a bit lol

I'm lovin the play of Berglund right now. Figures, he's probably pissed I didn't add him onto my Sig.

And I agree, definitely sucks they don't play until Thursday, but the Cards/Reds series helps a bit. If Halak is healthy thursday, who do you go with?

Yeah you could they were playing like they were before those last couple weeks. The Kings are up 3-0 against the Canucks, but Vancouver is just playing like dog [inappropriate/removed]. Quick would be a tough cookie though.

Haha that had to be it. Bergy is playing good right now. Using his big body to go to the front of the net where he needs to be. Now if Stewy could start doing that, that'd be nice.

I say go with Elliott. They were off today, so tomorrow we'll see how Halak is feeling. The Cards do help they are playing and playing well so hopefully it keeps up tonight!

Just wanted to remind you.. Don't. EVER. Open. The. Roman. Polak. Door!

bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitch has ruled Halak out for Game 4 Thursday so Elliott back in net. I'd let Halak rest whatever injury he has (rumored to be ankle) until he's fine, I don't want them to rush him back and he not being ready especially since we have Eliott who has been rock solid so far since being called upon.

bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night went from being one of the worst games the Blues have played this series to the most exciting finishes to a game I've ever witnessed in person! STC was absolutely rocking last night especially after the Perron goal.

Now, bring on LA! Going to be a tough series against Quick, but I have confidence in the team to beat them in a series.

Game 1 will probably be next Saturday. Can't wait!!

redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck, men!

Beat LA, I'm cheering for you or Nashville to win the Cup.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA is the match-up I was most worried about. They're dangerous, being a team that plays a lot like us. With arguably better goalie play, which means a ton this time of year. I hope Hitch rides the hot hand, and doesn't go back to Halak. Elliot has been better and more consistent since October, but we continue to give Halak every chance to take the job back. I don't get it. He hasn't been bad since the start, and he's actually been quite good at times. But Elliot has played out of his mind this year, ALL year. I don't give a crap what we're paying Halak, or what his title is, or what we gave up to get him here. The bottom line is that Elliot has been the better goalie this year, and we shouldn't be punishing ourselves because of how much money is in Hala's contract. Roll the better goalie and try to win the Cup, that's THE ONLY thing that matters. Look at Washington, do you think they care if they win the Cup with Holtby? If Vancouver won with Schneider, do you think they'd care? Stop worrying about Halak's situation and ride the hot hand. Elliot is our best goalie at this point in time.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbtb135 wrote:
LA is the match-up I was most worried about. They're dangerous, being a team that plays a lot like us. With arguably better goalie play, which means a ton this time of year. I hope Hitch rides the hot hand, and doesn't go back to Halak. Elliot has been better and more consistent since October, but we continue to give Halak every chance to take the job back. I don't get it. He hasn't been bad since the start, and he's actually been quite good at times. But Elliot has played out of his mind this year, ALL year. I don't give a crap what we're paying Halak, or what his title is, or what we gave up to get him here. The bottom line is that Elliot has been the better goalie this year, and we shouldn't be punishing ourselves because of how much money is in Hala's contract. Roll the better goalie and try to win the Cup, that's THE ONLY thing that matters. Look at Washington, do you think they care if they win the Cup with Holtby? If Vancouver won with Schneider, do you think they'd care? Stop worrying about Halak's situation and ride the hot hand. Elliot is our best goalie at this point in time.

That's precisely why I chose LA over St. Louis in the predictions thread. However, given that both clubs are defensive stalwarts, this series could go either way, and I definitely think the latter has the advantage in terms of offensive depth, scoring, and physicality.

Should be a good, albeit low-scoring, series.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
CalLionsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
Last night went from being one of the worst games the Blues have played this series to the most exciting finishes to a game I've ever witnessed in person! STC was absolutely rocking last night especially after the Perron goal.

Now, bring on LA! Going to be a tough series against Quick, but I have confidence in the team to beat them in a series.

Game 1 will probably be next Saturday. Can't wait!!

Careful what you wish for..... Very Happy

Either way, you got it. Here we come.

This should be a great matchup. Kings won the season series, but as we all know, that means exactly squat in the post-season.

Kings in 6....... Cool
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a frustrating game on so many levels.

Absolutely dominated the first ten minutes and for most of the first period then Steen and Jackman both whiff trying to clear the puck and they scored. Can't forget to mention when McDonald and Crombeen couldn't get the god damn puck off the ice. Quick was great, but we made him look a lot better with out inability to get the puck off the ice. If Crombeen and McDonald just get the puck two feet off the ice, they go in and it's a 3-0 lead, changes the whole game.

After the first period, the Blues seemed to just go home. They weren't skating, weren't hitting enough, weren't getting in front of Quick to screen him to get quality scoring chances. I mean.. look how we scored the first goal. I mean hockey isn't rocket science, it's REALLY hard for goalies to see shots when they are screened, but what do we do? We take shots from the outside with NOBODY in front making it easy on Quick.

Quick is a great goalie, but he goes down so early and is nearly impossible to score on when shooting the puck on the ice. You gotta get traffic in front of him, getting him going side to side, and just plenty of pucks on net.

If we could hit the god damn net too, it would have been a W, but as anybody that has watched this team this year, we have to be leading the league in shots missing the net.

If Pie is out for the rest of the series, were screwed. I hope not, but you have to think it's the C word..

CalLionsFan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two games in.............. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: