Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NHL General Thread v. 6.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and welcome to the NHL trade deadline Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Rolston and Mike Mottau traded to Bruins in exchange for D Marc Cantin and C Yannik Riendeau. ( http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388991 )

Predators acquire Paul Gaustad and a fourth round pick from Buffalo for a first round pick. ( http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-02-27/paul-gaustad-trade-rumors-nashville-predators-buffalo-sabres )

Wild trade D Greg Zanon to Bruins for D Steven Kampfer. ( http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388997 )

I love what the Predators did today.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
BayAreaBomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:

Same here.

Cody Hodgson to Sabres.
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayAreaBomber wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

Same here.

Cody Hodgson to Sabres.

Zack Kassian going the other way. What are the other parts to this deal?

#JDI
BayAreaBomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
BayAreaBomber wrote:
playmaker8267 wrote:

Same here.

Cody Hodgson to Sabres.

Zack Kassian going the other way. What are the other parts to this deal?

Not released yet.
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Buffalo Sabres
@BuffaloSabres
Sabres trade Zack Kassian to Vancouver for Cody Hodgson; ALSO - M-A Gragnani to Vancouver for Alexander Sulzer

#JDI
Goon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never understand Vancouver's desire to get bigger,tougher - that's not the reason they lost in the finals last season . Boston was the better team , they had Vezina and Norris type performances from their 2 best players , while the Canucks had underwhelming performances from their go-to guys and they were much more banged up. Still took them to game 7 of SCF and from there it's usually a crapshoot anyway.
Now, they are probably the best team in the NHL, Hodgson is having a fantastic season meshing well with the team and they trade him? Kassian may in fact become the true PFW they have coveted for a long time but he may as well be Steve Bernier v 2.0 . What we do know it's that they aren't as good as they were 2 hours ago. I have my doubts Kassian will be able to come in and perform as a top 6 player on a cup contending team when he was struggling for games and minutes on a bottom feeder.

Props to NS922!
kitchenbags

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently the rangers offered columbus a monster deal but howson declined

what a stubborn [inappropriate/removed]
Eagles27

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goon wrote:
I will never understand Vancouver's desire to get bigger,tougher - that's not the reason they lost in the finals last season . Boston was the better team , they had Vezina and Norris type performances from their 2 best players , while the Canucks had underwhelming performances from their go-to guys and they were much more banged up. Still took them to game 7 of SCF and from there it's usually a crapshoot anyway.
Now, they are probably the best team in the NHL, Hodgson is having a fantastic season meshing well with the team and they trade him? Kassian may in fact become the true PFW they have coveted for a long time but he may as well be Steve Bernier v 2.0 . What we do know it's that they aren't as good as they were 2 hours ago. I have my doubts Kassian will be able to come in and perform as a top 6 player on a cup contending team when he was struggling for games and minutes on a bottom feeder.

I agree with most of this.

I'm on the fence, but most 'Nucks fans hate this deal. Hodgson's had some issues with Vigneault so I'm not surprised to see him heading out. I love Kassian as a prospect, but he does come with a ton of risk.

In the end the Canucks got a player that fills a much bigger need going forward, but I don't see how this makes us better this season.

#JDI
dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really mad right now. I understand the deal; I can see why Gillis made it. Kassian is a great prospect at a wing position Canucks isn't too strong in. Also a nice power forward too. But to trade Hodgson... A young player who has came into the team, played every role AV has told him to play and excelled. Not too mention, just how much I love Hodgson. He loves the game and presents himself with such class. At least, I know that I don't have to spend money on getting a new Nucks jersey this year. Was planning to get a Hodgson one at the end of the season... For Kassian, who is still more or less a prospect. Just Evil or Very Mad

Getting Pahlsson was good though...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pissed the Capitals didnt make a move, plus why put Backstrom on LTIR if we arent going to make a move?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillis made a terrible move IMO. If he felt the club needed size and grit, there were plenty of available players that fit the bill - Ott, Jones, Galiardi, Gaustad, Winnick, etc. You didn't have to deal a center with loads of potential and skill, who happens to be a in the running for the Calder, for a guy who projects at best as a second-line power forward.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Gaustad being worth a 1st round pick pretty much exemplifies why there was little to no movement at this year's deadline. The price tag on players were exorbitant.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

much ado about nothing. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of the Hodgson trade. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Kassian is ready to step in right away for us. Cody also seemed to always come up big in big games for us. Hoping all the best for him out in Buffalo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21

Jump to: