Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BA Top 100 out today
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hawkman98272


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 18765
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: BA Top 100 out today Reply with quote

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/top-100-prospects/2012/2612998.html

Still think they overrate Bauer. Wouldn't be the #1 player in the draft from me.
_________________

Kempes

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mission27


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 18791
Location: when i find out ill tell you
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa's happy.
_________________

thelawoffices wrote:
I'm leading on a tubster way more than I should for my own amusement.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55045
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Mesa's happy.

I guess, still some puzzling rankings all over, though. And I still think Nick Franklin is getting abused for getting hit in the head with a bat and having mono.

Bauer ahead of all the top draft picks.

Mike Montgomery at 22.

Peacock at 36, smh...

Olt at 43, what is this I don't even...

Jared Cosart ahead of James Paxton, Matt Harvey, AJ Cole, and Xander Boegarts? LOLOLOLOL

Michael Choice at 80. Wtf.

Leonys Martin ahead of Choice. GTFO
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 9552
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
mission27 wrote:
Mesa's happy.

I guess, still some puzzling rankings all over, though. And I still think Nick Franklin is getting abused for getting hit in the head with a bat and having mono.

Bauer ahead of all the top draft picks.
Mike Montgomery at 22.

Peacock at 36, smh...

Olt at 43, what is this I don't even...

Jared Cosart ahead of James Paxton, Matt Harvey, AJ Cole, and Xander Boegarts? LOLOLOLOL

Michael Choice at 80. Wtf.

Leonys Martin ahead of Choice. GTFO


I'd put Bauer ahead of all of them but Bundy. I love me some Bauer. And I completely agree on Choice. Dude is really getting no respect. He's top 50 for me quite easily.

And BA officially has a mancrush on Matt Szczur. I love the guy, but there is no way he should be in the 60's right now.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 18041
Location: Too Turnt University (TTU)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Olt at 43, what is this I don't even...

Leonys Martin ahead of Choice. GTFO


Yeah buddy Smile
_________________


green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrownieTheElf


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 8323
Location: Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrubes and I have been on the Bauer bandwagon. I don't really see anything wrong with the ranking.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55045
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:
Olt at 43, what is this I don't even.


Yeah buddy Smile


Can anyone explain this? I mean really. He's 23.5 years old and has never touched AA, and still strikes out at an ungodly rate for a guy his age at those levels.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93798
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
83 Garrett Richards rhp, Angels Age: 23. ETA: 2012.
He has the stuff for the front of a rotation, if not yet the command or polish.
Oh, ya don't say?
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55045
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
Quote:
83 Garrett Richards rhp, Angels Age: 23. ETA: 2012.
He has the stuff for the front of a rotation, if not yet the command or polish.
Oh, ya don't say?


Sad I missed that gem. Thanks for posting, I needed a laugh.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93798
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Sad I missed that gem. Thanks for posting, I needed a laugh.
Your boys over at FanGraphs compared him to Michael Pineda. I guess you missed that one too.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55045
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Sad I missed that gem. Thanks for posting, I needed a laugh.
Your boys over at FanGraphs compared him to Michael Pineda. I guess you missed that one too.




And wait, my boys? What? Laughing
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93798
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
And wait, my boys? What?
Yup. Must suck seeing people rate Richards so highly as a FOTR starter when you think he's nothing more than a #5.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55045
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
And wait, my boys? What?
Yup. Must suck seeing people rate Richards so highly as a FOTR starter when you think he's nothing more than a #5.

Actually, it doesn't suck at all. Because Garret Richards sucks. I know this, and you're in denial of this.

What do Garrett Richards and Michael Pineda have in common besides both being right handed? Nothing.

Richards has a good fastball, but zero control and crappy secondary pitches. He's a step up from Tyler Chatwood, I will give him that. While Chatwood doesn't belong in the majors, Richards could hand on as an innings eater 4.5 ERA guy.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI


Last edited by Mesa_Titan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
S.Mouse!


Joined: 10 Feb 2012
Posts: 33
Location: Dunt
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:
Olt at 43, what is this I don't even.


Yeah buddy Smile


Can anyone explain this? I mean really. He's 23.5 years old and has never touched AA, and still strikes out at an ungodly rate for a guy his age at those levels.
Keith law wrote:
nobody likes "performance scouting" - I hear it mocked constantly and I would guess you do too



Kevin goldstein wrote:
I do, and I Certainly don't like it either


Kevin goldstein wrote:
I'm the minors. Stats are measuring production but not often measuring talent at all


That about sums it up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55045
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.Mouse! wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:
Olt at 43, what is this I don't even.


Yeah buddy Smile


Can anyone explain this? I mean really. He's 23.5 years old and has never touched AA, and still strikes out at an ungodly rate for a guy his age at those levels.
Keith law wrote:
nobody likes "performance scouting" - I hear it mocked constantly and I would guess you do too

Kevin goldstein wrote:
I do, and I Certainly don't like it either

Kevin goldstein wrote:
I'm the minors. Stats are measuring production but not often measuring talent at all
That about sums it up.


Holds true in certain situations, but at some point, performance matters, and Klaw and Goldstein both will agree to that.

There is a reason Goldstein ranked Greg Halman as a 5 star prospect when he was in high desert for a year, and then dropped him to a two star prospect the next when he struggled out of HD. He went off of production.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI


Last edited by Mesa_Titan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group