Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Defensive Big Board [Post Combine]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Bears Defensive Big Board [Post Combine] Reply with quote

1. CB Morris Claiborne [LSU]
2. DT Michael Brocker [LSU]
3. DT Dontari Poe [Memphis]
4. DE Quentin Coples [UNC]
5. DE Melvin Ingram [South Carolina]
6. DT Fletcher Cox [Mississippi St]
7. LB Luke Keluchy [Boston College]
8. DE Nick Perry [USC]
9. LB Zach Brown [UNC]
10. S Mark Barron [Alabama]
11. CB Dre Kirkpatrick [Alabama]
12. DT Jerel Worthy [Michigan St]
13. DE Whitney Mercilus [Illinois]
14. CB Janoris Jenkins [North Alabama]
15. DE Andre Branch [Clemson]
16. DE Courtney Upshaw [Alabama]
17. DT Devon Still [Penn State]
18. DE Chandler Jones [Syracuse]
19. LB Lavonte David [Nebraska]
20. LB Donta Hightower [Alabama]
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. LB Luke Kuechly
2. CB Morris Claiborne
3. DE Nick Perry
4. CB Dre Kirkpatrick
5. DE Quinton Coples
6. OLB Melvin Ingram
7. DE Whitney Mercilus
8. OLB Courtney Upshaw
9. DT Fletcher Cox
10. LB Dont’a Hightower
11. DT Brandon Thompson
12. DE Chandler Jones
13. DT Dontari Poe
14. SS Mark Barron
15. DT Michael Brockers
16. DT Devon Stills
17. DE Andre Branch
18. OLB Zach Brown
19. CB Janoris Jenkins
20. DT Jerel Worthy
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you guys feel if we picked DT Dontari Poe [Memphis] the guy has a real Haloti Ngata feel to him?

6'3.5"
346lbs.

44 Reps at 225
4.97 [40]

I know that it is not a need, but the guy is an absolute freak of nature and could be an incredibly powerful and disruptive force in the middle of the defense.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
How would you guys feel if we picked DT Dontari Poe [Memphis] the guy has a real Haloti Ngata feel to him?

6'3.5"
346lbs.

44 Reps at 225
4.97 [40]

I know that it is not a need, but the guy is an absolute freak of nature and could be an incredibly powerful and disruptive force in the middle of the defense.

In shorts yes…on the field not so much…he takes too many plays off IMO and that is a concern with any Dlinemen…I feel a 3-4 team will grab him to be a 5 tech…just not sure where in the draft.
raq11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

6'3.5"
346lbs.

44 Reps at 225
4.97 [40]

I hope all teams feel this way, would love for him to be picked before 19. More chance of someone we want falling to us. Poe just isn't a Lovie Smith type of player. Not a bad thing, mind you.
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much University of Memphis football have you watched mm90?

I would be for taking him at 19 if our main DE or WR prospects were gone. He was ranked by ESPN as the 5th strongest NCAA athelete. I realize that means nothing about football, but he IS a freak.

Even if there is substantial evidence of him "taking plays off", I still wouldn't put too much thought to that. There's a big difference between playing on a d-line right next to Julius Peppers and trying to create lanes for Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher -- and playing on the worst team in D-1 college football for 3 years with multiple coaching changes made yearly.
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also expect him to be a 3-4 NT. Maybe the Texans.
BearDown79

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

6'3.5"
346lbs.

44 Reps at 225
4.97 [40]

In shorts yes…on the field not so much…he takes too many plays off IMO and that is a concern with any Dlinemen…I feel a 3-4 team will grab him to be a 5 tech…just not sure where in the draft.

MM90 its rare that disagree with what you post, but in this case I have to say how many 346 pound lineman do you know that go all out every play? I emphasize 346 pounds! A guy that size isn't going to have the greatest stamina. I guarantee if you watch every snap of Haloti Ngata, he takes some snaps off. Just my 2 cents...
ConVict90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
1. LB Luke Kuechly
2. CB Morris Claiborne
3. DE Nick Perry
4. CB Dre Kirkpatrick
5. DE Quinton Coples
6. OLB Melvin Ingram
7. DE Whitney Mercilus
8. OLB Courtney Upshaw
9. DT Fletcher Cox
10. LB Dont’a Hightower
11. DT Brandon Thompson
12. DE Chandler Jones
13. DT Dontari Poe
14. SS Mark Barron
15. DT Michael Brockers
16. DT Devon Stills
17. DE Andre Branch
18. OLB Zach Brown
19. CB Janoris Jenkins
20. DT Jerel Worthy

I love this line up but Mercilus over Ingram

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisBear wrote:
How much University of Memphis football have you watched mm90?

I would be for taking him at 19 if our main DE or WR prospects were gone. He was ranked by ESPN as the 5th strongest NCAA athelete. I realize that means nothing about football, but he IS a freak.

Even if there is substantial evidence of him "taking plays off", I still wouldn't put too much thought to that. There's a big difference between playing on a d-line right next to Julius Peppers and trying to create lanes for Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher -- and playing on the worst team in D-1 college football for 3 years with multiple coaching changes made yearly.

I saw both their Thursday night games this year…against Miss State & Marshall (to be fair I was more interested in Vinny Curry in this game)…I didn’t really see much out of him in those games…certainly not the power and explosiveness he displayed at the combine…

This tape against Arkansas Tape is more impressive…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0IaNI-3sw4

I fully understand that no Dlinemen is going 100% on every play…but there’s a difference between not going 100% and taking plays completely off as this coach says…

http://bruce-feldman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/31626208/35008085

Quote:
I spoke to a veteran O-line coach who faced Poe several times during his college career. His take: "He's probably the best talent I've seen in several years. He took plays off and wasn't a great effort guy, but he is a freakish talent."

But don't all 320-plus pound D-linemen take some plays off?

"Yeah," said the coach, "but he took off more than most. He did get better last year than he was the year before. He just was never that productive, but I heard they didn't require him to do that much. He was definitely someone I took into account with schemes. ... I'm not at all surprised to hear that he's blowing up at the combine at all. He was never on the ground in college."

To be fair to him I reckon because he was so talented at a small school he played a higher % of snaps than he should have been…if he goes to a talented team that % will drop and he will be more effective...but that is a projection and something that has to be taken into account.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you like about Poe is similar to what you like about Stephen Hill, DOMINANT potential.

I do not think some players we are talking about like Floyd have dominant potential, even though I think that they will be very good professionals.

Mercilus is another guy who probably has dominant potential.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
What you like about Poe is similar to what you like about Stephen Hill, DOMINANT potential.

I do not think some players we are talking about like Floyd have dominant potential, even though I think that they will be very good professionals.

Mercilus is another guy who probably has dominant potential.

I think the difference between Hill and Poe is the tape…Hill’s tape…all be it limited…shows dominating qualities on the field…I don’t think Poe’s tape stacks up so well to the athleticism we saw at the combine…he could be a dominating player at the next level but he has to be used in the right way…

Mercilus surprised me at the combine…on tape he looks to have a lot of power in his base…but only posted a 32” vertical & 9’10” board jump…that said the tape is quality on him…real good looking prospect.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Dre Kirkpatrick ha sa good chance of being drafted by the Bears.

EDIT: If Floyd is not around at our pick, which I doubt he will be.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I think that Dre Kirkpatrick ha sa good chance of being drafted by the Bears.

EDIT: If Floyd is not around at our pick, which I doubt he will be.

That wouldn't upset me but I personally think that a pass rushing DE across from 90 will make a mid-round DB perform like a 1st or 2nd round DB. Dre is certainly a talented (and big) corner though that would be a fine selection.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MM90. I can respect that approach. I just really think once he's playing next to professional players and actually receiving some real coaching... He'll find a way to use all that potential and athletic ability.

His lack of production should be taken into account, like you said, but I feel that's deeper than we're letting on.

He probably played well over 90% of the snaps. Memphis was 0-13 last year under a new coach. The year before they were 1-12 (the only team they defeated was Middle Tenn State). Ever since DeAngelo went pro our football program has been a mess. From funding, to coaching, recruiting, and anything else. They've been in talks about abolishing it for several years. Those talks will probably get worse now that we're in the Big East.

I'm saying Memphis didn't have the personnel around him to actually refine all of his raw power and athleticism. (and won't anytime soon -____-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: