Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetically - Peyton or RGIII in DC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Hypothetically - Peyton or RGIII in DC Reply with quote

We all know that Washington needs a QB badly. They are rumoured to be interested in trading up to the #2 pick overall to draft Robert Griffin III. They are also considered a possible landing spot for Peyton Manning.

Assuming Manning is fully recovered, which QB would you rather see in Washington - Manning or RGIII? Neither obviously would be the answer, but for this thread "neither" is not an option.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypothetically - Peyton or RGIII in DC Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
We all know that Washington needs a QB badly. They are rumoured to be interested in trading up to the #2 pick overall to draft Robert Griffin III. They are also considered a possible landing spot for Peyton Manning.

Assuming Manning is fully recovered, which QB would you rather see in Washington - Manning or RGIII? Neither obviously would be the answer, but for this thread "neither" is not an option.

Manning more potential to screw them over in the long run.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Manning as well, even fully healthy, he has 2 ,maybe 3 more good year left, plus, I think we have beaten him the last 2 times
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather see Peyton in Washington than RGIII.

The thought of seeing Peyton's stone feet getting tracked down by Ware twice a year brings a smile to my face. Heck, even Almost Anthony might be able to get a sack against him. RGIII is a lot more athletic and mobile and we don't always fare so well against that type of QB. Plus, Peyton would probably cost more than RGIII, so any chance of the Redskins having money issues is a plus.

What I wanna know is how Peyton Manning will do in a new offense that doesn't involve him doing the funky chicken at the line of scrimmage.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
bwareovdware94

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton no question. People forget that Manning has always had great receivers in Indianapolis, of course he made them better but I can't see him have the same impact in Washington for the 2 maybe 3 seasons he'd be there. Their offense needs to be totally revamped, and drafting RGIII would be a good start, which I do not want to see. I am banking on Snyder's propensity for making terrible personnel decisions to outweigh the logic of getting RGIII.
thesickness89

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt Manning would go there, unless he really wants to play Eli twice a year. Which I guess could be a draw for him

#FIREHOKE2014
bakalakadaka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwareovdware94 wrote:
Peyton no question. People forget that Manning has always had great receivers in Indianapolis, of course he made them better but I can't see him have the same impact in Washington for the 2 maybe 3 seasons he'd be there.

Sure Peyton had decent receivers, but not great. He also had no running game around him at any point. I bet Santana Moss can put up Reggie Wayne numbers.

Keep in mind them getting Peyton also allows them to keep the 6th pick (to use on Blackmon, Richardson, or Reiff).

In my mind it works like this:

If they bring Peyton over they win now (have a winning record for 2-3 years)
VS.
They get RGIII they win later (have a winning record in 3 years for another 4-6)

I just think that the cowboys have only a few years to make it to a superbowl (while Romo, Witten, Ware, and Ratliff have any left in the tank), and our chances go up with a losing Washington.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: