Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off-season talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Off-season talk Reply with quote

With no real thread dedicated to this, this can be our TABT thread for the offseason that remains to football.....

two things i wanted to post i saw from twitter....one of mine I sent.

I said this on twitter (not my real twitter name, have to abide by forum rules Wink)
Bucstopshere wrote:
Question for #bucnation.....Who else thinks @Rayblinkie1906 can be out Victor Cruz next season? Webber put up better numbers in college...

Raymond Webber wrote:
@bucstopshere I like that #bucnation baleedat

I really do believe Webber can take the league by storm. Nothing crazy like Cruz's numbers, but a good 30-40 catches with a couple TD's. I really think he'll challenge Parker and Spurlock for a roster spot and get it. Hard worker with great size!!!

lastly....

@ArreliousBenn wrote:
Got the phone call of my life from my position coach so pumped. Havent felt like this since 9th grade

love hearing this stuff. I think Benn takes control of the number 1 wr role this year. He has been so RAW, he is still learning the position. This will be his first true offseason with us. He should be back to 100% from the knee as well

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Off-season talk Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

@ArreliousBenn wrote:
Got the phone call of my life from my position coach so pumped. Havent felt like this since 9th grade

love hearing this stuff. I think Benn takes control of the number 1 wr role this year. He has been so RAW, he is still learning the position. This will be his first true offseason with us. He should be back to 100% from the knee as well

He has shown some flashes but he needs to stay healthy and catch the ball. Our receiving corps still has a ton of potential.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Benn will jump up all the way the #1 role, but I really hope that he can show something more on the field. Physically he is incredibly gifted and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I hope that he can put it all together this season.

With a new coaching staff the pecking order of our WR corps is wide open. He should have every chance to prove himself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
I don't think that Benn will jump up all the way the #1 role, but I really hope that he can show something more on the field. Physically he is incredibly gifted and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I hope that he can put it all together this season.

With a new coaching staff the pecking order of our WR corps is wide open. He should have every chance to prove himself.

why cant he? Who "should" be the number 1 wr? If Williams shows up and is there every day i can understand it...But i wanna hear about him living at one buc and working with Freeman. Last year proved he needs to get in the weight room. He only benched 225 8 times....thats embarrassing for anyone training to go into the NFL. When I was working out hard in Kuwait i was doing 10 reps of 225....That to me shows he needs to commit himself to the weight room. You could see it this year, when there was press coverage he got worked. It was embarrassing as a fan.

honestly we still could use a vet WR around, and call me crazy but i wouldnt mind Chad Johnson(heard he's changing his name back) He showed a ton of maturity this year, and is a florida native...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

why cant he? Who "should" be the number 1 wr? If Williams shows up and is there every day i can understand it...But i wanna hear about him living at one buc and working with Freeman. Last year proved he needs to get in the weight room. He only benched 225 8 times....thats embarrassing for anyone training to go into the NFL. When I was working out hard in Kuwait i was doing 10 reps of 225....That to me shows he needs to commit himself to the weight room. You could see it this year, when there was press coverage he got worked. It was embarrassing as a fan.

honestly we still could use a vet WR around, and call me crazy but i wouldnt mind Chad Johnson(heard he's changing his name back) He showed a ton of maturity this year, and is a florida native...

My choice for vet who won't cost that much at WR it would be Steve Smith. He has worked extensively with Coach Sullivan and he will be over a year removed from his ACL surgery. I think he would offer very good competition to Parker in the slot and probably beat him out if he is healthy.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't go to TC so I didn't see what the Webber guy looked like but I hope he turns out to be a gem. This is the 3rd year for Benn and Williams, and pretty much a glimpse of what they will be going forward. We need a veteran WR. Seems like in 2010 we used Spurlock and Stroughter more than 2011 and they were actually reliable receivers. Olson didn't call their number this year for some reason.
dbtb135

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

I'm actually really excited to see what Sullivan can do with our WRs. There's no debate that there's talent there to work with. There's just been no real progression shown. He got progression out of all the WRs he worked with in NY, and not just in the year that Eli threw for 5,000 yards.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh...People on PR have gone off the deep end...

Vontaze Burfict at 5

Shame on you Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

Vontaze Burfict at 5

More like ...... 36th
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

Vontaze Burfict at 5

Shocked haha, smh... It makes me kinda nervous with that kind of crap that I hope after this offseason and draft we're not already calling for schiano's head. I think we are all depending on him to turn this team around and make a big impact some way(i.e. SIGN FREE AGENTS)
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Vontaze Burfict at 5

More like ...... 36th

im fine with him at 37, actually love him at 37

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

I don't know if anyone has earned the #1 spot next season. As a whole our WR corps was huge disappointment last year. However, Williams has showed the most promise. I agree with you about his work-ethic though. It's a concern.

Benn in my eyes is still a bit of a project...but ultimately I do feel that he has the highest ceiling of any WR on our roster. If he starts to tap into that potential on a more consistent basis he can be a big part of our offense.

dbtb135 wrote:
I'm actually really excited to see what Sullivan can do with our WRs. There's no debate that there's talent there to work with. There's just been no real progression shown. He got progression out of all the WRs he worked with in NY, and not just in the year that Eli threw for 5,000 yards.

I am too. Sullivan has a super bowl pedigree and he produced some serious results in New York.

I like the Fleck hire as well. His high energy should fit right in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
BBando wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Vontaze Burfict at 5

More like ...... 36th

No to Burfict. He's overhyped and more of a 3-4 ILB and 2 down backer. I don't think he's a 4-3 type MLB. Plus, many bashed the idea of Cortland Finnegan in terms of "dirty player" that will commit too many personal fouls. This guy basically is the next dirty player that will come into this league and has character concerns as well.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
BBando wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Vontaze Burfict at 5

More like ...... 36th

Did we trade back? Wink
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
BBando wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Vontaze Burfict at 5

More like ...... 36th

Did we trade back? Wink

37 is our second round pick Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 1 of 101

Jump to: