Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

(Request) Name Changing for Long Time Posters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peppers90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: (Request) Name Changing for Long Time Posters Reply with quote

I know Webmaster gave us an option to change your username 9 years ago, but that's a long time ago.

For some of us that have been on the site for so many years (11 years for me), some of our usernames are out-of-date. With the rule against making a 2nd account, I think it would be fair for members to able to change our name once for members older than a certain amount of time. I would propose members of the site for at least 5 years can get their name changed.

I think this would be a fair compromise for both the veteran members and Webmaster from being overwhelmed with name-change requests, but reward veteran posters by updating their username to something more current.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: (Request) Name Changing for Long Time Posters Reply with quote

Peppers90 wrote:
With the rule against making a 2nd account

It is against the rules to have two active accounts or to make a second account to circumvent a ban. You can make a new account if the purpose is to change your username. Make the new account and PM me to deactivate your old account.
Peppers90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: (Request) Name Changing for Long Time Posters Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
Peppers90 wrote:
With the rule against making a 2nd account

It is against the rules to have two active accounts or to make a second account to circumvent a ban. You can make a new account if the purpose is to change your username. Make the new account and PM me to deactivate your old account.

The only thing with that is I would lose my join date and posts. I would prefer not to lose that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 is far too short. 10 would be fine IMO, those people proved they've stuck with the forum over the years.

Assuming you didn't plan ahead already Cool

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought there should be one day out of the year where if people want to change their username they can. However, I read on why changing usernames doesn't happen and I understand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: