Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Better Prospect Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, or RG3?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Prospect
Matthew Stafford
64%
 64%  [ 49 ]
Sam Bradford
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Robert Griffin III
19%
 19%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 76

SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
TD_Tommie wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:

Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.

Irrelevent, seeing as how he would have been the easy number one the year before. He wasn't a late riser.

Honestly, I doubt the Lions would've picked Bradford over Stafford #1.

I agree. Bradford has a strong arm and put up the nice numbers, but Stafford, at that time, had more starting experience, played in the SEC (say what you will, NFL teams seem to value that), played in a pro style offense (not to say Bradford didnt. As was mentioned earlier, he played in an offense like the one in Indy), and had better physical tools.

My biggest beef with Bradford was his upside. At least, his upside compared to other top 5 QBs. I wasnt sure he could be elite, and Im still not sure he can be elite. He looked great his rookie year, and Ill give him a pass, but Im not sure he will ever surpass QBs like Stafford (who still has a ways to go before I call him elite), Big Ben, Eli, Brees, ect.

That said, the Rams made the correct decision drafting him #1. I didnt say that at the time of the draft, but I see it as the right pick now. He may not have been as good as other top QBs to me, but he was still a very good prospect and the Rams had a huge hole at QB. No way they could pass on Bradford, even though an elite DT prospect was available.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
roachkiller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford easily for me. Physically, he has no flaws. Big, athletic, cannon for an arm and is a gamer.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Stafford easily. Followed by RGIII, with Bradford next.

Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.

Couldn't disagree with this more; what I wouldn't give to have Bradford on the Redskins under Shanahan's tutelage. I would have him in top 5 overall in terms of QBs that have come out since 2000.
joru1000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradford was expected to be number 1 the year Stafford came out but then he returned, and then got injured the following season, so that was his only concern. I think after he measured out to 6'5" and 235lbs he shot back to the consensus number 1 and was a big reason as to why so many analysts were saying the 2010 draft class was the most talented since 83.

How quickly we forget.
nixa37

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Bradford was expected to be number 1 the year Stafford came out but then he returned, and then got injured the following season, so that was his only concern. I think after he measured out to 6'5" and 235lbs he shot back to the consensus number 1 and was a big reason as to why so many analysts were saying the 2010 draft class was the most talented since 83.

How quickly we forget.

Where are people getting this? Even the guy driving the Bradford over Stafford hype train (Todd McShay) admitted that the front office people he talked to almost universally disagreed with him. Bradford didn't even decide to return until after Stafford declared and after he got back his evaluation from the NFL draft advisory committee. If people had actually been telling him he was expected to go #1 over Stafford, do you actually think he would have returned to school?
Falastine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

How quickly we forget.

No, he wasn't. Don't make up stuff.
GeasonNoceur

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
TD_Tommie wrote:
I'd say Sam Bradford. People on here actually weren't very high on Stafford and there was a lot of hate on him.

Same goes with Bradford but it was credited to his system and weak arm (which aren't negatives to me, because there have been several good qb's coming out of the spread now, and his arm isn't really bad).

RGIII has me super excited and am a big fan of his, but I don't know if I'd draft him. Too much of a high risk - high reward player.

That's because a lot of people on here do most of their scouting by looking at box scores. People were questioning his accuracy because of his completion percentage, but if you actually watched the games his completion percentage was low because of the throws he was being asked to make.

Plus, didnt he have 4 freshmen on his starting line? He knew how to get rid of the ball when he had to.

I remember he had two sophomores and three freshmen (two true and one was the LT). Same thing his sophomore yr. He had one senior and four freshmen. The whole time he was at Georgia his O-line was in shambles.

1. Stafford
(big gap)
2. RGIII
3. Bradford
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TD_Tommie wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:

Irrelevent, seeing as how he would have been the easy number one the year before. He wasn't a late riser.
No he wouldn't have, he would have been the 4th QB drafted had he come out. He didn't stand even close in talent to the other 3, he just happened to come out in a very weak QB class.

You're wrong. He would have been picked before both Sanchez and Freeman. He probably would have went #2 to the Rams.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: RG3
2: Stafford
3: Bradford

RG3's athleticism alone puts him above the other two. Stafford had a cannon at Georgia and played against top notch defenses. Bradford to me is still suspect. I never thought he showed that 'it' factor you want in a QB. Also came from a high scoring spread offense with tons of talent around him. Give me RG3 any day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: