Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Better Prospect Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, or RG3?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Prospect
Matthew Stafford
64%
 64%  [ 49 ]
Sam Bradford
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Robert Griffin III
19%
 19%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 76

Author Message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49616
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Stafford easily. Followed by RGIII, with Bradford next.

Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.


Bradford was not a late riser. He was considered the #1 pick that entire season. Had he not gotten hurt, there never would have been an inkling of doubt.

As for the way I graded them:
1. Bradford
2. Stafford
3. RGIII

Why? I had some issues with Stafford's decision making although the tools were all there. RGIII is very raw and is coming from an Air Raid offense. While if you looked at Sam's question marks, none had much validity except for the injury which he showed he was over at his Pro Day.

What were Bradford's questions? Offense and Arm Strength. People who questioned his offense didn't watch it. The offense Oklahoma ran under Bradford was similar to the offense run by Indy. Oklahoma was in the shotgun more often but in terms of formations, they were very similar.

As for his arm, never was a question in my mind. At worst, he had an above average arm. Now, from all reports and everything I've seen, he has a good to very good arm.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?


Last edited by jrry32 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4712
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Stafford easily. Followed by RGIII, with Bradford next.

Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.


Bradford was not a late riser. He was considered the #1 pick that entire season. Had he not gotten hurt, there would have been an inkling of doubt.

As for the way I graded them:
1. Bradford
2. Stafford
3. RGIII


I agree with you. When Bradford played. A few of the B12 teams actually played some defense. And no telling what that last year would of turned out like for him.
Stafford was a great prospect. Great attitude and field mentality. Everything you look for. But I think Sam is more versatile in what hes able to run with an offense.
RG is great and electrifying at the college level. But playing such poor defenses all year. He got sacked alot. And sometimes didnt know what to do with the ball. Way hes grown, maybe another year would have done him some good with that part. But lining these 3 guys up right now. Got to put him behind the other 2 in NFL readiness.
_________________


Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JAD


Joined: 06 Sep 2009
Posts: 1759
Location: hookin' for cheeseburgers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:


As for his arm, never was a question in my mind. At worst, he had an above average arm. Now, from all reports and everything I've seen, he has a good to very good arm.


CB Al harris said in training camp this year that Bradford and Aaron Rodgers had the strongest arms in the NFL. Bradford also split the webbing of Danny amendolas hand during a preseason game from throwing so hard. Bradfords arm strength concerns were always hogwash.

I thought stafford was always underrated.
1.stafford
2.Bradford
3.rg3
_________________

Bjoern Werner Tunes Up for Senior Season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TD_Tommie


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4662
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:


Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.


Irrelevent, seeing as how he would have been the easy number one the year before. He wasn't a late riser.
_________________
You are on my DISLIKE list, Denver.
[quote="Ace5"]I've been practicing the oath to order. Just got my song of storms make it rain tshirt in the mail too.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TD_Tommie


Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 4662
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Stafford easily. Followed by RGIII, with Bradford next.

Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.


Bradford was not a late riser. He was considered the #1 pick that entire season. Had he not gotten hurt, there never would have been an inkling of doubt.

As for the way I graded them:
1. Bradford
2. Stafford
3. RGIII


NVM, beat me too it (but I beat you Jrry as the first person to claim Sam # uno in this thread).
_________________
You are on my DISLIKE list, Denver.
[quote="Ace5"]I've been practicing the oath to order. Just got my song of storms make it rain tshirt in the mail too.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Falastine


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 3601
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD_Tommie wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:


Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.


Irrelevent, seeing as how he would have been the easy number one the year before. He wasn't a late riser.


Honestly, I doubt the Lions would've picked Bradford over Stafford #1.
_________________
IN THE BAY AREA WE SMOKE PHILLIES
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingLegendWFC


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 11081
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford, Griffin, Bradford in that order for me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 9291
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time of coming out,

Consensus:
Griffin
Bradford
Stafford

I remember most FF posters had Clausen over Bradford, and everyone said Stafford would bust.


For me:

Stafford
Griffin
Bradford

I always believed in Matt and Sam's injury scared me.
_________________
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Isn't CJ Anderson one of those dudes that replaced Terrell Davis? If so top 5 RB of all time.


Fify.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
keepnitgangsta1


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 15371
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily Stafford between these three. I was a fan of Bradford, but I didn't think he was the same kind of prospect of Stafford's status. However, I do like him more than RGIII. If I had to rate the top quarterbacks since Stafford, the way I had them rated on draft day... I would list them..

1) Josh Freeman
2) Matt Stafford
3) Sam Bradford
4) Cam Newton
5) Robert Griffin
_________________

My NFL Draft Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49616
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
TD_Tommie wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:


Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.


Irrelevent, seeing as how he would have been the easy number one the year before. He wasn't a late riser.


Honestly, I doubt the Lions would've picked Bradford over Stafford #1.


It's one of those things we'll never know because if Bradford added the 20 pounds of muscle he did and showed off a strong arm in workouts, it's possible. But I'd say highly unlikely. I think the Lions go Stafford and Bradford probably ends up on the Rams at #2.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nixa37


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 2961
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD_Tommie wrote:
I'd say Sam Bradford. People on here actually weren't very high on Stafford and there was a lot of hate on him.

Same goes with Bradford but it was credited to his system and weak arm (which aren't negatives to me, because there have been several good qb's coming out of the spread now, and his arm isn't really bad).

RGIII has me super excited and am a big fan of his, but I don't know if I'd draft him. Too much of a high risk - high reward player.

That's because a lot of people on here do most of their scouting by looking at box scores. People were questioning his accuracy because of his completion percentage, but if you actually watched the games his completion percentage was low because of the throws he was being asked to make.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nixa37


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 2961
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD_Tommie wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:


Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.


Irrelevent, seeing as how he would have been the easy number one the year before. He wasn't a late riser.

Bradford wasn't going #1 over Stafford. Even Todd McShay, who was driving the Bradford over Stafford bandwagon during the season, admitted that the front office personnel he talked to almost universally disagreed with his take and told him as much. The word at the time was that Bradford didn't come out that year because Stafford had already decided to and because he didn't get an especially encouraging review from the draft advisory board. Besides, there's no way a team with a vertical threat like Calvin is taking someone with Bradford's skill set over someone with Stafford's. Stafford and Calvin are just a perfect mix as far as their strengths go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4712
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
TD_Tommie wrote:
I'd say Sam Bradford. People on here actually weren't very high on Stafford and there was a lot of hate on him.

Same goes with Bradford but it was credited to his system and weak arm (which aren't negatives to me, because there have been several good qb's coming out of the spread now, and his arm isn't really bad).

RGIII has me super excited and am a big fan of his, but I don't know if I'd draft him. Too much of a high risk - high reward player.

That's because a lot of people on here do most of their scouting by looking at box scores. People were questioning his accuracy because of his completion percentage, but if you actually watched the games his completion percentage was low because of the throws he was being asked to make.


Plus, didnt he have 4 freshmen on his starting line? He knew how to get rid of the ball when he had to.
_________________


Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nixa37


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 2961
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
TD_Tommie wrote:
I'd say Sam Bradford. People on here actually weren't very high on Stafford and there was a lot of hate on him.

Same goes with Bradford but it was credited to his system and weak arm (which aren't negatives to me, because there have been several good qb's coming out of the spread now, and his arm isn't really bad).

RGIII has me super excited and am a big fan of his, but I don't know if I'd draft him. Too much of a high risk - high reward player.

That's because a lot of people on here do most of their scouting by looking at box scores. People were questioning his accuracy because of his completion percentage, but if you actually watched the games his completion percentage was low because of the throws he was being asked to make.


Plus, didnt he have 4 freshmen on his starting line? He knew how to get rid of the ball when he had to.

I don't know if they ever ended up all starting at once, but the line was in shambles in his time there. His junior season they ended up having 4 different guys see time at LT because of injuries (top 2 guys went down with season ending injuries IIRC).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19347
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD_Tommie wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:


Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.


Irrelevent, seeing as how he would have been the easy number one the year before. He wasn't a late riser.
No he wouldn't have, he would have been the 4th QB drafted had he come out. He didn't stand even close in talent to the other 3, he just happened to come out in a very weak QB class.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group