Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Gold Standard Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: The Gold Standard Mock Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Eagles world, welcome to the first mock draft of the year brought to you by BritishEagles.co.uk. We will look comprehensively at free agency and the NFL draft to see what the 2015 Eagles roster might look like. We appreciate your feedback and if you’d like to do a mock draft yourself we will tell you about the resources we’ve used to build this mock.

First off we will look at our roster and make cuts, restructures and re signings before looking at the NFL Free Agency pool to bolster our team. Then comes the draft where we round of the offseason to build a potential Superbowl side.

For cuts, re-signings, restructures and free agency we will be using the Fan Speak simulator. For the draft we will be using the First Pick draft simulator.

Cap Space Remaining: 15,714,544

CUTS

OLB Trent Cole – A big part of the Eagles for so many years, it was a difficult decision to cut the former 5th round pick, but with a saving of $8.425m it is a necessary casualty of the cap. With the emergence of Brandon Graham in the outside linebacker role, Cole can be let go.

TE James Casey – He’s already gone, but on the simulator he is still with the Eagles, $4m in saved cap room for a 3rd string Tight End, no brainer.

CB Cary Williams – One of our terrible CB duo, Cary Williams was not as much of a liability then Bradley Fletcher, but that is only because he held opposing receivers rather than letting them run free. $6.5m saved. There is talk of him playing out his contract but I don’t want to see it, bye bye Cary.

S Chris Prosinski – Not needed, was brought in late in the season due to our safety crisis. $750k saved.

C Julian Valderverde – We do not need three centres, David Molk showed enough as the backup to remain the second string. $660k

RE-STRUCTURE

ILB DeMeco Ryans – Our ‘Mufasa’ is set to earn $6.9m this year, but is coming off a torn Achilles Tendon and has passed the ripe old age of 30. The Eagles would save the whole $6.9m by cutting Ryans outright, but due to his leadership qualities we keep him on board

Cap Space Remaining: 36,044,544

RE-SIGINGS

OLB Brandon Graham (5-year, $25m, $10m Guaranteed) – Brandon Graham is our premier pass-rusher and will take over the starting role from the newly departed Trent Cole. He may have short arms but showed in the final two games of the season he can play the run well enough to compensate for the loss of Cole, and at this point in his career he is a better pass rusher. $5m a year with just $10m guaranteed will keep Graham in Philadelphia.

OLB Trent Cole (2-year, $4m, $800k Guaranteed) – SHOCKER, after Brandon Graham’s re-signing, the Eagles offered Trent Cole backup money and he took it, the outside linebacker position is now soldified with these two re-signings.

WR Jeremy Maclin (4-year, $38m, $15.2 Guaranteed) – After long negotiations, the Philadelphia Eagles and Jeremy Maclin came to terms on a new contract than puts him just above the likes of Victor Cruz and Greg Jennings in terms of base salary and guaranteed money. Maclin is the No.1 in Philadelphia, and with Nick Foles at the helm of the offense Maclin prospers.

DE Cedric Thornton (5-year, $22.5m, $8m Guaranteed) - Long extension for a very good defensive lineman. Stout against the run he is the ideal fit for the 3-4 defense Chip Kelly runs.

RELEASED
Bradley Fletcher CB
Nate Allen S
Mark Sanchez QB
Brad Smith WR
Casey Matthews ILB
Chris Polk RB
Jeff Maehl WR

Cap Space Remaining: 24,794,544

CB Byron Maxwell (4-year, $32m, $12.8m Guaranteed) – Obvious pickup is obvious, with the recent rumours Philadelphia is leading the way in the charge for cornerback Byron Maxwell, this contract puts him on par with the likes of Miami Dolphins Brent Grimes. He is the first piece in the secondary puzzle to hopefully make this team a contender.

QB Jake Locker (2-year, $6m, $600k Guaranteed) – Our new backup quarterback who is a very good fit for the offense, if he can stay fully fit, big question, he has a chance to succeed in Philadelphia and even take the starting role of Nick Foles.

OG Davin Joseph (3-year $12m, $2.4m Guaranteed) – We bring in Davin Jospeh to compete for a starting role on little guaranteed money. A former first round pick, he has a the talent to succeed and replace Todd Herremans straight away. Is a stop gap for a drafted offensive guard.

Your Cap Space: 13,794,544

(20) CB Trae Waynes – Michigan State

Using the simulator, Trae Waynes fell to the 20th pick. With his outstanding showing at the combine he may not fall, in which case we’d take Marcus Peters. But for the purposes of this the 4.32 40-yard running Waynes falls into out laps to partner free agency signing Byron Maxwell on the corners.

(52) ILB Benardrick McKinney – Mississippi State

Another first round prospect falls to our laps in this scenario, with the likes of Eric Kendricks and Denzel Perryman taken before him. Having a less than stellar combine, McKinney lifted the least at the linebacker positions, but did run a good 4.66 in the 40. Pairing him with the energetic Mychal Kendricks should get the best out of him, the gametape shows McKinney can play.

TRADE – Philadephia trades the 20th Pick in the third round for the 25th Pick in the third round and the 25th pick in the fourth round.

(89) WR Tyler Lockett – Kansas State

One of the best all-purpose players in the college ranks, Lockett will give a boost to Special Teams and to our receiving core. Not only is he a talent on the field, he won the 2014 Big 12 scholar-athlete of the year, which is will impressive Chip Kelly. Certainly fits the Philadelphia culture and would be an exciting weapon for Chip to utilise.

(114) FS/CB Eric Rowe – Utah

Another long corner/safety, but when you have a problem area such as the Philadephia secondary, you spend as many picks as you need to make it right. Rowe has size and the talent to succeed in the NFL, and may come into the league as a safety or corner. Philadelphia should jump at the chance to take Rowe in the fourth.

(120) RB David Cobb – Minnesota

With Chris Polk likely to test free agency as a Restricted Free Agent, Philadelphia drafts David Cobb in the fourth. He has second day talent so the Eagles jump at the chance to draft the Minnesota back. Great vision and never stops churning his legs, but can also make defenders miss.

(125) OT Jeremiah Poutasi – Utah

Huge wingspan, immense power and good straight line speed, Poutasi would be a great fit for the Philadelphia run game. Would be somewhat of a project and most likely a RT, but with Jason Peters coming to the end of his career, Lane Johnson will make the switch to LT allowing Poutasi a chance on the right. Struggles with speed rushers.

(148) OG Jamil Douglas – Arizona State

Back to back lineman, but after last years struggles with injury in the trenches, Chip makes sure he has capable backups in place. An athletic guard with great lateral movement, he would also be a good fit for the run game of Philadelphia. Short arms means he struggles a bit in pass protection, but understands the importance of leverage to get the upper hand.

(180) QB Bryan Bennett – Southeastern Lousiana

Recruited by Chip Kelly at Oregon before snagging Marcus Mariota, Chip brings him in as his pet project. Needs a lot of work to be anywhere near NFL ready so will sit on the practice squad for a while.

(212) SS James Sample – Louisville

At 6″2, 210lb, Sample has the size Chip Kelly is looking for in a defensive back. An intriguing prospect who again will sit on the practice squad to develop.

In all honesty, I care not what you guys think, but tear it apart....I don't really understand cap stuff so the guaranteed money is probably way off.

Matts4313 wrote:
Blah will get a solid laugh at my expense.

Last edited by Blahman88 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
T-rade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it

Matts4313 wrote:
Your other desnmarkian is funny.
The Kev-O

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like it if happened.

I don't see Graham staying here. I think a team desperate for a pass rusher will overpay him and we won't want to match a high price.

Instead of spending money on Joseph, I would go after a decent OLB if we don't re-sign Graham and hope like heck that Marcus Smith can develop.

I like the draft, but I know from using First Pick that they can be generous about where certain guys fall. Not sure if Poutasi fits our typical athletic lineman, but it would be a great draft overall.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contract numbers seem a bit low at first glance...but as far as moves go wouldn't be mad at all.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
Blahman88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just used the simulators, I agree the pay may be higher in some cases and the draft on first-pick is weird.

Matts4313 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it blah. I'm not sure some guys will be there where you have us picking them like Waynes and Sample.

I also wouldn't want Bennett, but it is a possibility with Chip I guess.

The contracts Maclin and Maxwell would get would make me really happy, but I think they get more $$.

All in all this is one of the better mocks I've seen yet.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Waynes likely goes earlier but I thought I'd see what would happen with essentially a full simulation.

I tried offering contracts where I valued them against other contracts for similar receivers. Maclin could probably get a bit more but it seemed the receivers in that range were similar to his level.

Graham would actually be earning around Terrell Suggs money if I remember correctly.

Marcus Peters dropped to 55 in the draft as well, so if Waynes would have gone I'd have taken Peters, PJ Williams was the first CB of the board.

Matts4313 wrote:
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you did to improve the safety position aside from takking Rowe in the 4th......

But other than that it's solid. Realistic (except I see Maclin making more money than that). Our CB position if we get Waynes and Maxwell would go from being dreadful to actually incredibly good and deep.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't use simulators. I doubt half those people are available at our picks.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: M Peters, TJ Clemmings, E Rowe, S Anthony, L Tomlinson, T McBride
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a simulator can't be considered gold standard. Laughing

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
Blahman88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

I'm gold standard so suck it....

Plus we all think we know how it's going to go draft day and then people always fall, people always go overdrafted so anything can happen.

Matts4313 wrote:
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

I'm gold standard so suck it....

Plus we all think we know how it's going to go draft day and then people always fall, people always go overdrafted so anything can happen.

Maybe, but using a simulator you can acquire the entire 4th round and 5th rounds if that's what you want to do.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: M Peters, TJ Clemmings, E Rowe, S Anthony, L Tomlinson, T McBride
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosinski are the gawd on ST.

HT52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers
"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Do we need 2 safeties that can only play st? Maragos or Pro. Pick one.

oland11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Do we need 2 safeties that can only play st? Maragos or Pro. Pick one.

Colt Anderson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: