Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. I'm wondering first and foremost how you guys project Nick Foles 2014 season? Should we expect a natural regression to the mean? Can he still be a top 10 fantasy QB?

2. Zach Ertz is a guy who's getting quite a bit of pub as a potential breakout candidate at the TE position this year. Are you guys expecting that breakout? Will Chip Kelly actually use the TE position more this season than he typically does?

3. The WR position is another one with quite a few question marks. Someone is going to have to disappoint, whereas another guy is going to have to have a huge year. Who's the guy that disappoints? Who's the guy that has a huge year? Which guy has the most long-term value?

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. I'm wondering first and foremost how you guys project Nick Foles 2014 season? Should we expect a natural regression to the mean? Can he still be a top 10 fantasy QB?

2. Zach Ertz is a guy who's getting quite a bit of pub as a potential breakout candidate at the TE position this year. Are you guys expecting that breakout? Will Chip Kelly actually use the TE position more this season than he typically does?

3. The WR position is another one with quite a few question marks. Someone is going to have to disappoint, whereas another guy is going to have to have a huge year. Who's the guy that disappoints? Who's the guy that has a huge year? Which guy has the most long-term value?

1. I won't bore you with details. Short and sweet, with Chip Kelley's friendly system, I expect a QB around a 100 this season give or take a few points.

2. I expect him to keep developing. Break out? I'm not so sure. We still have Celek so obviously statistically that doesn't bode so well for him.

3. The easy answer for disappoint is Riley Cooper, but I'm going with Maclin. I think the big year comes from Huff, relative to expectations that is.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Nick Foles is the best young QB in the game. He will throw a lot of TD passes and limit his turnovers. Will have one of the better passer ratings in the NFL.

2. Ertz is going to be a beast. Probably a 60 800 8 guy. I think he sees the bulk of the reps at Tight end this season.

3. I think Jordan Matthews ends up being a beast and his production will be taken from riley's numbers.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
BlueMoon25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
1. Nick Foles is the best young QB in the game. He will throw a lot of TD passes and limit his turnovers. Will have one of the better passer ratings in the NFL.

2. Ertz is going to be a beast. Probably a 60 800 8 guy. I think he sees the bulk of the reps at Tight end this season.

3. I think Jordan Matthews ends up being a beast and his production will be taken from riley's numbers.

I love Celek but I think Ertz can do more athletically at the position. So yes feed him the ball at TE.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

1. Even with expected regression I expect Foles to be a top 10 fantasy QB this year. He clocked in at #15 (ish) last year despite playing a little over half of a fantasy season I expect that with a half dozen more games as well as a full offseason as the starter for the first time in his career he is poised to crack the top 10 pretty easiley IMO.

2. As much as I love Ertz I don't expect his "fantasy breakout" to happen until 2015. As has been mentioned Celek is still here and still the starter. I do expect much more opportunities as I believe we will utilize the 2 TE sets much more this season but Celek's presence cuts into any chance he has at being fantasy relevant this season.

3. Disappoints has to be Cooper. I honestly think he replicates his season last year and 800/8 is a good expectation to set but after last season fantasy experts are going to expect him to pick up some of the stats that Jackson left behind but I think those shoes are filled via other means. Huge year has to fall to Maclin. As the defacto #1 and "DeSean replacement" Maclin has a chance to do big things in Chip Kelly's high tempo offense, especially in a PPR. I fully expect the combination of Ertz in his second year and Maclin coming off of injury to be the DeSean replacement. Long term value has to go to Jordan Matthews. In a re-draft league I might take a later round flyer on him as a homer choice stepping right into the slot role vacated by Avant this offseason. Long term he has the ceiling you want of every high draft pick. Maclin is on a one year prove-it deal which means that Matthews has the second longest contract of any of our WR corps and I believe he is going to be given every opportunity to be a focal point in our offense in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Foles is a Top 10 QB. He is not a Top 5 QB.
Much of his success can be attributed to the system.
He'll simply get more opportunity as the Eagles run a lot of plays.
Foles is generally a safe play.
You should have filled out most of your roster before taking him.
Keep in mind that the Philadelphia running game keeps teams honest, but also steals some of the stats.

2. Ertz Schmertz.
He should put up better numbers than last year.
That being said, he isn't a world-beater just yet.
He's another safe play if you take him late, but there are a lot of receiving options who should see equal opportunity.
With Josh Gordon on Planet X, Jordan Cameron has the opportunity to challenge Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski for the top spot.
Note: I am against carrying two TE's unless required by league rules. That means Ertz will go undrafted by me. There's better.

3. Josh Huff will be used in a myriad of ways.
That will give him chances, but not necessarily production.
Jordan Matthews may ultimately be the best WR on the team, however, he will likely start slow.
That doesn't bode well if you count on him to start early on. (ie. Week 4-8 byes)
Riley Cooper has a lot to prove. Much has been said about what he can't do.
He will either rise to the occasion or fizzle out.
Jeremy Maclin is in the same boat as Cooper.
His challenge, though, is health, not ability.
If he's healthy, he is a solid WR2.
Maclin is probably the best bet and he's just a WR3 in the draft.
My biggest hope is that Eagles fans in my league go full homer and snatch all four, leaving me better options and a third championship.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: