Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles' Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Eagles' Draft Needs Reply with quote

Hi all... working on a mock draft and I wanted to get a pulse of your team's needs that you think will be addressed in the draft.

Also, is it a lock that Elliott will be the pick at #8, as are the rumbles in the draftnik world? Or could you see an ILB like Darron Lee as an option?
EAGLES3658

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot is not a lock at all. I think he is in play at #8, I'd prefer not to take a RB that high however.

Stanley, Hargreaves, and Jack are the top options IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAGLES3658 wrote:
Elliot is not a lock at all. I think he is in play at #8, I'd prefer not to take a RB that high however.

Even after trading Murray away(and isn't Mathews on the block)?
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles' Draft Needs Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Hi all... working on a mock draft and I wanted to get a pulse of your team's needs that you think will be addressed in the draft.

Also, is it a lock that Elliott will be the pick at #8, as are the rumbles in the draftnik world? Or could you see an ILB like Darron Lee as an option?

Darron Lee is a 4-3 WILL or 3-4 WILB only. I like him a lot as a player, but he is poor value at 8 and not a likely option at all.

Elliot should be high on the list of considerations in spite of the whole "RB in the first round" stigma.

If either Wentz or Goff falls, they should also be high on the list.

Barring those players, then Jack or Hargreaves (in that order) probably make the most sense as picks based on talent and team need.

Team needs (short version):

Left Guard
Quarterback of the future
Running back
Cornerback
Right tackle of the future
Wide Receiver
Defensive front seven depth
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
EAGLES3658 wrote:

Even after trading Murray away(and isn't Mathews on the block)?

Mathews is off the block reportedly.but he won't be here long.

It's a need for sure, as is an offensive playmaker in general...we lack an identity as an offense.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
Crickett

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles' Draft Needs Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
G08 wrote:

Darron Lee is a 4-3 WILL or 3-4 WILB only. I like him a lot as a player, but he is poor value at 8 and not a likely option at all.

Elliot should be high on the list of considerations in spite of the whole "RB in the first round" stigma.

Barring those players, then Jack or Hargreaves (in that order) probably make the most sense as picks based on talent and team need.

Left Guard
Running back
Cornerback
Wide Receiver

Why?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles' Draft Needs Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
G08 wrote:

Left Guard
Running back
Cornerback
Wide Receiver

Why?

Lane Johnson will be the LT either this season or next with Jason Peters being old AF and all..
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles' Draft Needs Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
G08 wrote:

Left Guard
Running back
Cornerback
Wide Receiver

Why?

Peters won't be here much longer, Lane would become LT like he was drafted and paid to become...so a new RT would be needed.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent......

Unless Wentz or Jack fall, I think it'll be Elliot or VH3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB in a trade up
G08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If VH3 and Eliott are both there, what do you think would be the preference of your GM/head coach?

Thanks for the convo guys, the help is great!
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
If VH3 and Eliott are both there, what do you think would be the preference of your GM/head coach?

As a Gator...Howie might be biased towards VH3. And is the one making the decision.

If I remember right the Chiefs ran more in the latter half of the year when Doug was calling more plays...if you want to really stretch that out for Elliot I guess you could.

killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

Tough to say given Howie's "new outlook", Peterson being somewhat of an unknown, and the moves the team has made this offseason.

Historically, it might have been Hargreaves. However, while Peterson has come up as a coach under Reid, he has seen an increased emphasis on the run game in KC. Bradford projects similar to Smith in some ways, so a similar offense could be the plan.

-From a talent perspective Elliot is the clear choice.
-The Eagles have signed several low/mid - level CBs already this offseason so the position is stocked, but the talent is questionable.
-The Eagles need an impact player on offense.
-They will also have to deal with Dez Bryant, Desean Jackson, and Odell Beckham twice a year.

I would pick Elliot between the two based on talent and immediate impact. But that's just me.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I concur.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

Between just those two I would say VH3.

Our current starter are Eric Rowe, Nolan Carroll, and Leodis McKelvin. Rowe is a relatively unproven player starting only 5 games last season, Carroll and McKelvin are both around 30 and both coming off injuries last season. Elliott is a great player but I don't believe the value is there in the top 10 when we have more pressing needs.

If we're basing this off coaches/history Pederson is an Andy Reid disciple and Andy always valued both offensive and defensive line and cornerbacks.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.

Last edited by Hockey5djh on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: