Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EF Fantasy Baseball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So annoyed that almost all of my top picks have been on the DL for the last month or so.

David Wright, Edwin Encarnacion, Matt Harvey, Cargo, Carlos Gomez, Nelson Cruz (steroid)... all out with injuries. Oh well...
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
So annoyed that almost all of my top picks have been on the DL for the last month or so.

David Wright, Edwin Encarnacion, Matt Harvey, Cargo, Carlos Gomez, Nelson Cruz (steroid)... all out with injuries. Oh well...

Hey this is exactly how this league usually unfolds with the #1 and #2 seeds the past few years. Nothing like facing each other in the consolation bracket rather then the finals. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Johnnygunnz wrote:

Hey this is exactly how this league usually unfolds with the #1 and #2 seeds the past few years. Nothing like facing each other in the consolation bracket rather then the finals. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, it's quite annoying... but whatever. I've always felt like fantasy baseball doesn't need a playoffs, if you rock the league for 20+ weeks, you rule the league. Football, playoffs makes complete sense to me, since it's only 14 weeks before the playoffs start and it sort of follows how real life football works.

But, I'm just complaining like a little girl who is annoyed today. That and I've been sick all week while suffering through grad school and watching the Eagles defense blow it yesterday. FML. Laughing
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

It doesn't hurt that you're normally a 1 or 2 seed Wink Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Probably gonna get smoked in the finals but I believe that's 3 championship appearances in 3 years. If I win I'm allowed to be a dynasty.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Very Happy

Probably gonna get smoked in the finals but I believe that's 3 championship appearances in 3 years. If I win I'm allowed to be a dynasty.

No gonna lie, if I pull off the back to back I don't think i'm showing up to a draft ever again. Laughing Laughing

Its definitely been a challenging year for me but its been fun because I've had to work with players that weren't necessarily my favorite or a player who I would generally draft.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Very Happy

No gonna lie, if I pull off the back to back I don't think i'm showing up to a draft ever again. Laughing Laughing

Its definitely been a challenging year for me but its been fun because I've had to work with players that weren't necessarily my favorite or a player who I would generally draft.

Didn't realize this is a repeat championship match up. What can I say, we clearly dominate these guys. Wink

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Very Happy

Didn't realize this is a repeat championship match up. What can I say, we clearly dominate these guys. Wink

Yeah yeah... mediocre seasons with teams that get hot at the right time. Laughing
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Very Happy

Yeah yeah... mediocre seasons with teams that get hot at the right time. Laughing

Hell in Jroc case he didn't even get hot. Just me losing 4 starters for the weekend series was enough to change a 9-4 loss into a 6-3 win. Is what it is though, flip a coin.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:

Nobody remembers the guy who won the regular season Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Johnnygunnz wrote:

Nobody remembers the guy who won the regular season Wink

Haha, yea really.

Honestly, my team isn't that good. I don't have one single stud offensively. My supposed stud offensive keeper has been hurt and a non factor. I have a bunch of good position players but not really weak anywhere. Which is how I like to draft. I've been carrier by about 4 different guys at different times. My pitching has been very solid. Found some really good pickups to go along with a good draft. Nabbs hit it on the head though. I didn't get hot at all. It's just that everyone played down to my level so far. In my defense, it's very difficult piecing together weeks without your #1 guy. But a trophy is a trophy and is be happy to have another.

They've already pushed Kershaws start back so looks like some major pieces will start to get some time off soon. Kind of sucks. At the current rotation I was going to have him start 3 times. Now only 2. Anyway, it's going to take an unbelievable couple weeks to win. We'll see.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
They've already pushed Kershaws start back so looks like some major pieces will start to get some time off soon. Kind of sucks. At the current rotation I was going to have him start 3 times. Now only 2. Anyway, it's going to take an unbelievable couple weeks to win. We'll see.

I think I'm in the same boat as in Miggy has really been my only offensive stalwart. Ortiz has been somewhat average since trading for him. My pitching so far has been what has carried me most of the season and my pick-ups have really floated my offense. Its gonna be a tough two weeks regardless, may the best man win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last day of the Championship matchup and there's a tie right now.

Shocked

This is going to be good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most crucial inning pitched all season coming up.

CJ Wilson pitching one clean inning ties it back up for Jroc. If not, Hockey is the likely champ.

A stolen base one way or the other could win it for either team.

Jroc trails by 3 Ks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond stole 2 bases putting me up in that category, tying us 7-7. As I understand, tiebreaker goes regular season winning percentage against that opponent. We played twice. First game I won 7-6-1. Second game Hockey won 7-6-1. Tying us again 13-13-2. Next tiebreaker is playoff seeding, I believe. I'm 5, he's 6. Does that make me the victor?

Either way, holy crap.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 57 of 81

Jump to: