Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EF Fantasy Baseball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RollEagles


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 7077
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Taking a flyer on Jose Fernandez Roll? Laughing

Hasn't pitched above A ball, though he's got big league ready stuff. Don't think he'll be around long.

Thought I'd give him a shot. Maybe he'll surprise some people? Maybe?

Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles27


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 31184
Location: Vancouver, BC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 1 of 4 votes needed to veto the trade. It passes.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22832
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Only 1 of 4 votes needed to veto the trade. It passes.


Figures I would be the only one. Cool
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43337
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my players are available except my Keepers, and Even Halladay is available.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jroc04


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 11140
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs vetoes everything. If any team looks like they have gotten better, Nabbs vetoes the hell out of it.
_________________

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22832
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Nabbs vetoes everything. If any team looks like they have gotten better, Nabbs vetoes the hell out of it.


It's because I look further then the first month of the season. Long term this easily improves E27 which is something I'd rather not deal with come playoffs. Cool Fact is he should have had to give up more IMO, hence a veto.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jroc04


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 11140
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, but since you have to vote (or not vote) on these things, you should be able to take yourself out of the equation. Just because 27 has a good team and he made a trade to make it better doesn't mean you should veto it. That rule is in place to prevent shenanigans. Not to hinder teams from trying to improve themselves. Both parties were happy with their hauls. And I don't see any reason to think there are any back alley deals going on. So, it should go through. When a team has a glut of OFs, hypothetically, and a lack of RP and trades a decent OF for a subpar RP then maybe a trade may seem lopsided to you but easily benefits both teams. I don't think you should be weighing in with your teams' interest involved.

Anyway, you told me last year baseball season is a LONG season. Who even knows what kind of impact this will have?
_________________

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22832
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Yea, but since you have to vote (or not vote) on these things, you should be able to take yourself out of the equation. Just because 27 has a good team and he made a trade to make it better doesn't mean you should veto it. That rule is in place to prevent shenanigans. Not to hinder teams from trying to improve themselves. Both parties were happy with their hauls. And I don't see any reason to think there are any back alley deals going on. So, it should go through. When a team has a glut of OFs, hypothetically, and a lack of RP and trades a decent OF for a subpar RP then maybe a trade may seem lopsided to you but easily benefits both teams. I don't think you should be weighing in with your teams' interest involved.

Anyway, you told me last year baseball season is a LONG season. Who even knows what kind of impact this will have?


Look I really don't care it was passed because I have seen way worse values being passed in years passed. Yes the veto is set up to prevent collusion but I disagree with the notion lopsided trades if both parties agree should be allowed just for the sake no shenanagians have occured. I'm just not enthused E27 just acquired 20 QS , 230K and a Catcher who might hit 20+ HR for a SP who only pitched 35 innings last season that's all. At the very least another player on his part should have been added. All good let's roll. Nice get 27.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jroc04


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 11140
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Salty.

This should be a good fantasy season. Nabbs going hardcore. Liking it.
_________________

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Meco


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2577
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah. A guy who pitched 35 innings last season and had an ERA of 2.57, an FIP of 2.72 and SIERA of 3.10. Anderson also had a WHIP of 1.03 and a BABIP that doesn't suggest a regression is in order. He plays for a quality team with a great defense in the most pitcher friendly park in the big leagues. If he can stay healthy I'm almost entirely assured to have a + player in ERA, WHIP, QS and Wins. He was once the #7 prospect in baseball, is still 25 and his career big league numbers are good (3.57 ERA, 1.246 WHIP).

Lets not make it seem like I got robbed Nabbs, I already have Buster Posey and A.J. Pierzynski at C and a healthy Anderson's peripherals are better than those of Scherzer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22832
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If he can stay healthy I'm almost entirely assured to have a + player in ERA, WHIP, QS


All good Mecco you've already admitted to being a A's fan so thinking like that makes sense. I just think Scherzer for this leagues categories (INN, K, QS, ERA, WHIP) will surpass Andersons by seasons end. Hope he stays healthy for you so you can prove me wrong.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34478
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to set the tone today Samardzija.

8.0IP 9K 0R 2H 1BB
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles27


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 31184
Location: Vancouver, BC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper with a good start to his first MVP season as well.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RollEagles


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 7077
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie, it didn't feel too good watching Harper hit those two homers today.

But it's a long season. And I guess I turned Harper into Grienke for this season. Not a great feeling right now. If I could do it over again, I would have offered Hanley Ramirez for a 3rd or 4th round pick last year and kept Harper.

Hindsight.

Still feeling great about my team this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnnygunnz


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 4179
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darvish gettin' filthy tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 34 of 84

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group