Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 12 Trade Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: FFMD 12 Trade Thread Reply with quote

Welcome to the Football’s Future Mock Draft ’12 Trading Thread

This thread will be for the trading transactions that will occur throughout the mock draft.

I, stillersenat the wise, am the leading member of the shadowy organization known as the Trade Council. This trade council will not have their identities revealed to the public for fear of threats and fan adoration. They are a humble group who simply hold the fate of your team’s future in their hands.

That being said, things will be a little different this year. In past years there has been a lot of negativity from participants about the…um…” involvement” of the trade council in the trades that take place. Well this time we are going to be far more hands off. By hands off I do not mean that trades can go on without Trade Council (TC) approval. What I do mean is that the TC is going by the standard that if there are two agreeing parties to the trade, then it the trade should be approved. Now there are going to be some rules of course, but we want the TC to be involved as little as possible. Less work for you guys means less work for the TC which means everybody enjoys the mock draft more.

Procedure

Trades will be worked out by authorized personnel. This usually means GMs and AGMs. If you want others to be able to go through with trades you must make sure (and I really mean make sure) that the TC knows you are authorizing other people. Otherwise we will have to kill the deal.
Trades will then be posted in this thread accompanied by a pm to me, stillersenat, likewise showing the potential trade. This pm is a reminder to me to get the trade approved. Trades should be approved within 24-48 hours. But we think since the goal of the TC this year is to let nearly any deal through, time for approval should be short (no real debating among the TC members needed).

Posts for the trade thread should be made as follows:

Example:

Colts trade Peyton Manning to Cardinals for 2012 first round pick.
Oh great Trade Council, hear our cries for wisdom and greatness and approve our trade.

Ok, maybe that last line isn’t needed, but we need the teams involved, and the players/picks involved. For the pm sent to me also include a brief (one sentence) explanation why the trade will be good for both sides.

Tag and trade:

Tag and trade is allowed. Franchise and transition tagged players are allowed to be traded, but the traded player must have an approved contract extension in place before the trade can be finalised. The trade itself will be assessed by the Trade Council, while the long term contract will be assessed by the Talent Agency. Therefore, trades of tagged players must go through both councils before approval.

This contract must be a minimum of 4 years in length and the cash spending (not the cap hit, there is a difference) in the first year must equal or exceed the value of the tag which was originally placed on said player.

For example, if Mario Williams is Franchise Tagged for $22m, any team trading for him must submit a contract that is longer than 4 years and gives Williams at least $22m in year 1 base salary and total signing bonus combined. The signing bonus can then be pro-rated over the life of the contract to reduce the year one cap hit.

An example of how this rule can be met is as follows:
If Williams was to get a 6 year, 60m contract with a $21m signing bonus and a $12m option bonus in Year 3, his contract could look something like:

Yr 1: 3.5m pro-rated SB, 6.5m base salary
Yr 2: 3.5m pro-rated SB, 6.5m base salary
Yr 3: 3.5m pro-rated SB, 6.5m base salary
Yr 4: 3.5m pro-rated SB, 4m pro-rated option bonus, 2.5m base salary
Yr 5: 3.5m pro-rated SB, 4m pro-rated option bonus, 2.5m base salary
Yr 6: 3.5m pro-rated SB, 4m pro-rated option bonus, 2.5m base salary

This would meet the rule as Mario Williams will receive $27.5m in cash in his first season of this new contract ($6.5m in base salary and a $21m signing bonus), but his cap hit will only be $10m per year because signing bonuses can be pro-rated.

Future picks

This is one area that the TC will step a little bit. While teams can still trade away their future (2013 and beyond) picks, we want teams to refrain from trading away ALL or most of their picks. If your team only has a few picks in this coming draft to begin with, then just drop the idea all together.

Finally there is the issue of bonuses paid before and after certain deadlines. Please keep track of you cap numbers and don’t go over the cap at all.

What the TC will be on the watch for:

-Uber-Madden like trades (or as they say in the land of the Browns-trades for lulz). Trade Tom Brady for a 7th? Go ahead. Trade Tom Brady for a 7th when multiple teams are offering 1st round picks? No. Want to trade away your defensive front 7 or your starting O-line? Go for it. Trade away you entire starting offense for a 6th round pick in 2040? No.
In other words do the best you can. If obvious evidence says that the trade is not the best you can do, then it will come under the scrutiny of the TC.

-Rogue GMs. Listen to your warroom. If you are a GM and disregard what your warroom wants with a trade, it will get killed in a heartbeat and you could possibly get removed for the GM spot for multiple infractions.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlanta Falcons get:
RB Felix Jones

The Dallas Cowboys get:
RB Michael Turner

Why ATL does it:
Give ATL some needed cap room to re-sign one of it's key guys or absorb franchise tag hit. As well as gives them a competent runner back. Jones will be the most important part of the running game right now as he is the Pierre Thomas to the Darren Sproles of Jacquizz Rodgers.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans will receive
4th round pick
5th round pick

Denver will receive
RB Chris Ivory
6th round pick(f/Miami)
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons get:
RB Felix Jones

The Dallas Cowboys get:
RB Michael Turner

Why ATL does it:
Give ATL some needed cap room to re-sign one of it's key guys or absorb franchise tag hit. As well as gives them a competent runner back. Jones will be the most important part of the running game right now as he is the Pierre Thomas to the Darren Sproles of Jacquizz Rodgers.

The Cowboys have accepted this trade.

(Scar told me I needed to confirm Very Happy )
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons get:
RB Felix Jones

The Dallas Cowboys get:
RB Michael Turner

Why ATL does it:

The Cowboys have accepted this trade.

(Scar told me I needed to confirm Very Happy )

Yes, that's a good idea. It helps to make sure no shenanigans are going on.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons get:
RB Felix Jones

The Dallas Cowboys get:
RB Michael Turner

Why ATL does it:

Approved.

stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
New Orleans will receive
4th round pick
5th round pick

Denver will receive
RB Chris Ivory
6th round pick(f/Miami)

Approved.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Yes, that's a good idea. It helps to make sure no shenanigans are going on.

agreed. Always been a staple of FFMD to have both sides post or at least 1 post and 1 confirm.

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jaguars receive: WR Devery Henderson

The Saints receive: CB Ashton Youboty

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

New Orleans Saints accept

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade agreed to:

The Atlanta Falcons get:
OL Chris Scott

The Pittsburgh Steelers get:
OT Sam Baker

jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Trade agreed to:

The Atlanta Falcons get:
OL Chris Scott

The Pittsburgh Steelers get:
OT Sam Baker

The Steelers confirm.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Approved.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. Louis Rams receive: LB Demorrio Williams

Kansas City Chiefs receive: S James Butler

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago Bears receive: CB Asante Samuel

Philadelphia Eagles receive: Carolina Panthers' third round pick and Bears 5th

Reason: Bears needed another corner to stop Calvin Johnson and Greg Jennings in the division. Eagles needed to ditch their near elite 3rd string corner.

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil

Last edited by TytybearsFan21 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: