Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFICIAL 2012 Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I'm with you. In my mock drafts I had us going offense early. But at this point in the draft, I had us taking fliers on high potential defensive players.

I don't see the need for two developmental offensive linemen when we already have Brewer. Chances are McCants is going to the practice squad. But there are still positions where we can use some depth on defense. DE with Tollefson gone, and S with Grant gone. Don't see why we're taking players that don't have a great shot at making the 53.

Brewer was said to have taken good steps and will be depended on this year. Also we have Locklear who has played LT, RT, and OG in the past so we have some versatility between him and Boothe.

I heard that Justin Trattou is being planed to being used in the Tollefson role. He was a 5 star high school prospect and is a good run stopper.

We will depend on Sash as the third safety and I dont think we play 3 safety sets this year. Probably just roll Terrell or Jayron in the slot.

Yeah both guys are sort of raw, but we kept two olinemen inactive most of last year. Mosley has played tight end in the past so who knows maybe he can be put in as an extra tight end in some sets. Probably no need though since we got Bennett and Robinson and have Pascoe (all good blockers).

^Stone85 on the sig^
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacobsrules wrote:
Mcants is athletic and has room to build on his frame. He can be a starter at LT in a few years if he puts the work in. Beatty best be watching over his shoulder. I had forgotten about this guy. I think he will surprise. Read somewhere he was compared to a raw Eugene Monroe. I could deal with that. And lets face it guys our O line is above average at best and we still won a Super Bowl.

He didn't put up good numbers in drills. And apparently has intelligence issues with a sub 2.0 GPA. First pick that I really didn't like.

But, it's the 6th round, and I'm just finding ways to knit pick. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
jacobsrules wrote:
Mcants is athletic and has room to build on his frame. He can be a starter at LT in a few years if he puts the work in. Beatty best be watching over his shoulder. I had forgotten about this guy. I think he will surprise. Read somewhere he was compared to a raw Eugene Monroe. I could deal with that. And lets face it guys our O line is above average at best and we still won a Super Bowl.

He didn't put up good numbers in drills. And apparently has intelligence issues with a sub 2.0 GPA. First pick that I really didn't like.

But, it's the 6th round, and I'm just finding ways to knit pick. Laughing

BUT he was a tuba player in high school. Best case scenario, we get a starting tackle. Worst case scenario, we get a one-man band. I'll take it.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
R7D2 wrote:
Vontaze in the 7th. Please, Please, Please. He either pans out or is like the MAJORITY of the 7th round picks in the nfl, falls out of the league. Get him Jerry.. In the 7th Round, LOW rish HIGH reward.

No no no no no. I don't want anything to do with him. I would be a better pick than Burfict.

This is a valid statement. I want nothing to do with Burfict. I DO want him on the Eagles/Cowboys/Redskins. He'll get us 15-30 yards per game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddamn 49ers, taking Cam Johnson. Evil or Very Mad

R7D2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
R7D2 wrote:
Vontaze in the 7th. Please, Please, Please. He either pans out or is like the MAJORITY of the 7th round picks in the nfl, falls out of the league. Get him Jerry.. In the 7th Round, LOW rish HIGH reward.

No no no no no. I don't want anything to do with him. I would be a better pick than Burfict.

This is a valid statement. I want nothing to do with Burfict. I DO want him on the Eagles/Cowboys/Redskins. He'll get us 15-30 yards per game.

There is a lot of risk but now he's an udfa. Sign him for TC and if he cant get it together give him the boot. You can't deny his talent!

Rase on the signature.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/28/nfl.draft.day3/index.html

Stamp of approval from Don Banks for the Giants, Steelers, Bucs, and the Bengals
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Goddamn 49ers, taking Cam Johnson. Evil or Very Mad

He has sickle cell

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R7D2 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
R7D2 wrote:

There is a lot of risk but now he's an udfa. Sign him for TC and if he cant get it together give him the boot. You can't deny his talent!

I can actually...the guy doesn't tackle, he gives up on plays and doesn't give any respect to the game. He's not a Giants player.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Gmen wrote:
I'm with you. In my mock drafts I had us going offense early. But at this point in the draft, I had us taking fliers on high potential defensive players.

I don't see the need for two developmental offensive linemen when we already have Brewer. Chances are McCants is going to the practice squad. But there are still positions where we can use some depth on defense. DE with Tollefson gone, and S with Grant gone. Don't see why we're taking players that don't have a great shot at making the 53.

Brewer was said to have taken good steps and will be depended on this year. Also we have Locklear who has played LT, RT, and OG in the past so we have some versatility between him and Boothe.

I heard that Justin Trattou is being planed to being used in the Tollefson role. He was a 5 star high school prospect and is a good run stopper.

We will depend on Sash as the third safety and I dont think we play 3 safety sets this year. Probably just roll Terrell or Jayron in the slot.

Yeah both guys are sort of raw, but we kept two olinemen inactive most of last year. Mosley has played tight end in the past so who knows maybe he can be put in as an extra tight end in some sets. Probably no need though since we got Bennett and Robinson and have Pascoe (all good blockers).

Very Happy I have high hopes for Trattou. I think he can be a great rotational player for us.

minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far our rookie draft class is...

David Wilson, RB
Rueben Randle, WR
Jayron Hosley, CB
Adrien Robinson, TE
Brandon Mosley, OL
Matt McCants, OL
Markus Kuhn, GERMAN

Jojo Nicolas, S
Janzen Jackson, S
Matt Broha, DE
David Douglas, WR
Joe Martinek, HB
Julian Talley, WR
Adewale Ojomo, DL

That's 7 UDFAs. The team has apparently agreed to terms with all 10 that we have room for, so we are just waiting for the names of the last 3. Dajohn Harris, DT from USC could be one of those 3, for those wondering.

bagh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, I'm not 100% sold on this draft. I think there were guys there for the taking who would have helped meet our needs better on the O-line if we wanted to trade up for them.

Right now, we just have to wait for it to play out.

I will say this though, if this draft goes well, then I think we may be in a position to lose Marc Ross from our front office and that may hurt.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Graziano:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/38743/nfc-east-draft-analysis-3

Quote:
Nobody in this division does the draft better than the Giants, and it'll be worth remembering that the wide receiver (LSU's Rueben Randle) they picked at the end of the second round was a player they considered taking at the end of the first. Randle is a dynamic talent who now gets a chance to develop behind brilliant and selfless starting wideouts Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz and with the help of quarterback Eli Manning, who has an outstanding record of getting the best out of his receiving targets. Randle could not have been drafted into a better spot for his own development, and he could potentially be an immediate asset for the Giants in the passing game, because he can play the outside spot vacated by free-agent defector Mario Manningham and allow Cruz to stay in the slot position from which he exploded onto the scene in 2011. The Giants managed to combine need picks and value picks at almost every turn in this draft, and their second-rounder may turn out to be their biggest prize.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oline is the next linebacker position for us. We spent all these late round draft picks on backers and a few of them panned out to be quality starters. We now have three tackles with potential and 3 is better odds than 1. It's late round picks anyway. Reese grabs several players at a certain position at the end of drafts and in udfa. He did it with corners, linebackers and now offensive tackle.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
Like I said before, I'm not 100% sold on this draft. I think there were guys there for the taking who would have helped meet our needs better on the O-line if we wanted to trade up for them.

Right now, we just have to wait for it to play out.

I will say this though, if this draft goes well, then I think we may be in a position to lose Marc Ross from our front office and that may hurt.

I really wanted Glenn with our first pick. But overall I'm tremendously happy with this draft. A lot of you guys seem to be riding of Mosley as RT prospect. Dude was a straight mauler at Auburn. He has the superb athletic ability to make it on the left side as well. But I think McCant's strength is also underrated we overall get a B+ from me would've been an solid A if we took Glenn in round 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53

Jump to: