Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFICIAL 2012 Draft Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: OFFICIAL 2012 Draft Thread Reply with quote

Congrats ladies and gents. We are on top once again and we are going to build through the draft as usual. Who do we like in this years draft? What are our needs?

Oline
Corner
Tight end
Linebackers

The original post will be updated and reposted.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Osi probably leaving, I wouldn't mind picking a DE if he is BPA.

We need two tackles really badly and a change of pace back assuming Jacobs departs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:

We need two tackles really badly and a change of pace back assuming Jacobs departs.

C?

Me and a couple of the guys were talking during the game and it seemed like Baas continually whiffed on his blocks.

We can't cut him this year without taking on a considerable cap hit as he is only in the second year of his contract, but he is 30 now and will probably retire if he keeps getting hurt.

Might as well draft someone ready to replace him.
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:

C?

Me and a couple of the guys were talking during the game and it seemed like Baas continually whiffed on his blocks.

We can't cut him this year without taking on a considerable cap hit as he is only in the second year of his contract, but he is 30 now and will probably retire if he keeps getting hurt.

Might as well draft someone ready to replace him.

IMO it's more pertinent to upgrade the OT position because they are lining up against world class pass rushers on a weekly basis. And Diehl/McKenzie got BURNED....moreso than any other tandem in the entire league. Thankfully Eli is the #1 QB in the league with pressure in his face (true stat).

I don't think Beatty is the answer, but he'll have one more year to prove himself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cordy Glenn at 32 maybe? Big strong kid who could mature into a great RT if he watches his weight. Real road grader
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad News guys,

Since the Patriots didn't cheat recently we actually have to pick 32 as opposed to 31 in 2008 Laughing
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never guess who we were to draft since we always seem to go BPA.

^Stone85 on the sig^
biggsam48

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT
TE
HB
DE (If Osi leaves)
CB/S

- Its funny.. All year I cried for a LB. Im fine with Boley/Williams at the WILL, Blackburn / Goff / Herzlich fighting for the MIKE, and Kiwi for the SAM. (Sintim also still around, if hes worth anything)

-Id like a DT, but Marvin was a high pick. Not sure what he has in him for next season. I'd like a veteran rotational guy (Jason Jones, Okoye, or Sammie Hill.)

^^ Speed Blue on the Sig
scrimmage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPA most likely. OL or a stud TE could do wonders for our offense. Who knows, maybe we'll make a splash in free agency this year.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrimmage wrote:
BPA most likely. OL or a stud TE could do wonders for our offense. Who knows, maybe we'll make a splash in free agency this year.

Cant, we have very limited money and some key guys we need to resign.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cordy Glenn is probably the player I would want to see in Giant's Blue. He has potential to be a dominate RT but if that doesn't happen he's already an extremely good Guard. The guy is probably a Carl Nicks 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only unit I can say makes me want to pull my hair out is the OL. It's the only true need I think we have. It doesn't mean we need to go there in the 1st, although the bottom of the 1st is a perfect spot to get a great interior OL prospect. I think we can go just about anywhere. Where we're picking, we need to take whoever we think can be the biggest impact player for us, because when you choose 32nd, the pickings are slimmer. So at this point, I don't really care. All things equal I would go OL in the 1st, but BPA before taking for need.

I also want to say that I want us to shift to a zone blocking scheme. I want athletic OL that can get to the second level. College is producing a lot of these guys and the results in the NFL have been very good in applying the systems. Particularly at OT, we need a dose of athleticism to take care of the numerous double dose of pass rushers we have to face in this division, and to find some semblance of a run game.

l3lind golfer wrote:
It's official. LeBron is staying in Cleveland. Quote that. I have a source. If it's not true, I'll never post here again.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
Cordy Glenn is probably the player I would want to see in Giant's Blue. He has potential to be a dominate RT but if that doesn't happen he's already an extremely good Guard. The guy is probably a Carl Nicks 2.0

Icey you and I are on the same page Smile
ReptarOnIce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

osi may have to walk, but it wont be good. he's a prolific passrusher, gives good depth and freshness, and nobody is better in the league at stripping the ball

“We fly around all over the ball, we cause turnovers, we hit people." "We're just having a great time. That's why we're playing so well.” - Kenny Phillips
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote up a mock draft with us taking Burfict as our first pick. I just seem to think that Jerry Reese wants to keep having the best possible defense. He sticks to the you cant have enough pass rushers theory that Ernie Accorsi started. If Osi does leave .. i can see us going with a BPA on defense, my call on it is still Burfict. He may go with a DT or DE. Its so hard to say until the combine comes around or free agency really. We also may and dont be shocked.. draft a WR. Mario's up for FA this year.. BPA left in round 1 is it a WR?.. who knows. I think the big 3 on offense with Nicks, Cruz and Manningham.. u take 1 away and it could be dicey. Im not sold yet on Barden and Jernigan has yet to impress me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 1 of 53

Jump to: