Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another classic "out there" mock offseason, come c

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Another classic "out there" mock offseason, come c Reply with quote

Current Jets Salary= $126, 667,039
Carryover from 2011= 8,391,247
2012 NFL Salary Cap= ???

Restructures:
(1) Mark Sanchez-Current Cap Hit=14.2 mil, Takes a MAJOR pay cut for this season. His cap hit of 14 mil is simply unacceptable at this point.

(2) Calvin Pace- Current Cap Hit=7.3 mil, his 7 mil cap hit is something which needs to be corrected.

(3) D’Brickishaw Ferguson- Current Cap Hit=11.6 mil, I’m hoping the jets can maybe restructure his salary so his cap hit will reduce by several million this season

(4) Bart Scott- Current Cap Hit= 5.9 mil, He is too expensive to cut

Cuts: (around 4 mil saved)
- Eric Smith, S= Saves 2 mil
- Gerald Alexander, S= Saves around 1 mil
- Matthew Mulligan, TE= Saves around 1

Re-signings:
- Sione Pouha, NT, 3 years 9 million (Cap hit of 2 mil)
- Brodney Pool, S, 1 year league minimum
- Jim Leonard, 1 year league minimum
RFA’s:
- This section is simply annoying. I don’t factor these guys into the cap situation b/c for the most part I feel the majority of guys will sign 1 year deals equal to what they were already been paid. We don’t have any very attractive RFA’s so I doubt we have to worry about them being poached (we get draft pick compensation anyway).

Trades:
Jets trade 1st (16) to Houston 1st (#26) + 2nd round picks

Jets trade Dustin Keller to St Louis for a 2nd round pick+4th round picks (saves around 3 mil)
Jets trade Mike DeVito to Indianapolis for a 4th round pick (saves around 2 mil)

Free Agency:
**I think we clear enough space for one big-time free agent and several smaller pieces**

- Reggie Nelson, FS, 3 years 9 mil (he’s that centerfielder the jets have been looking for)

- Anothy Spencer, DE/OLB, 3 years 5 mil (he’s inexpensive and can start in place of bryan Thomas and Mario Williams would be too expensive to sign)

- Robert Meachum, WR, 3 years 15 mil (He’s never started but has the size and speed to be our deep threat)

- Vernon Carey, RT, 2 years 3 mil (He’s a Sparano guy, versatile and a solid run/pass blocker)

- Calias Campbell, DE/DT, 6 years 60 mil (he’s the piece that helps bring this front 7 from solid to stellar. Campbell is the top 3-4 DE in FA and probably the league.

- Mike Sims-Walker, WR, 1 year 1 mil (bring him in to see if he can capture some of his 2010 glory for cheap)

NFL Draft:
Round 1(via Houston) Whitney Merciluss, DE/OLB, Illinois
Round 2(via St. Louis) Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
Round 2 Koby Fleener, TE, Stanford
Round 2 (via Houston) Mark Barron, S, Alabama
Round 3 Audie Cole, ILB, NC State
Round 4 (via Indianapolis) Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
Round 4 (via St Louis) Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri
Round 4 Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State
Round 5 (via Jacksonville) Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas
Round 5 Trumaine Johnson, FS/CB, Montana
Round 6 Dunte Page-Moss, DE/OLB, UNC
Round 6 (compensation) Jermarcus Hardwick, OG
Round 7 Patrick Butrym, DE/DT, Wisconsin

Updated Depth Chart:

Offense:
QB: Mark Sanchez, Brock Osweiler
RB: Lamar Miller, Shonne Greene, Joe McKnight
FB: Jon Conner, Josh Baker
TE1: Koby Fleener, Josh Cumberland
TE2: Michael Egnew
WR1: Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerly, Joe Adams
WR2: Robert Meachum, Patrick Turner, Mike Sims-Walker
LT: D’Brickishaw Fergeson
LG: Matt Slauson
OC: Nick Mangold, Evan Baxter
RG: Brandon Moore, Vladimir Ducasse
RT: Vernon Carey, Andrew Datko

Defense:
CB1: Derelle Revis, Kyle Wilson, Donald Strickland
CB2: Antonio Cromartie, Marquice Cole
LOLB: Calvin Pace, Aaron Maybin, Ricky, Dunte Page-Moss
LILB: David Harris, Josh Mauga
RILB: Bartt Scott, Audie Cole
ROLB: Anthony Spencer, Whitney Merciluss, Ricky Sapp
RE: Muhammad Wilkerson
NT: Sione Pouha
LE: Calias Cambpell
SS: Mark Barron, Jim Leonard
FS: Reggie Nelson, Brodney Pool, Trumaine Johnson

Last edited by superbowlbound on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jets913

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we somehow had the money for all that and had a draft that fantastic id be ecstatic. i don't like trading keller but fleener is gonna be special
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets913 wrote:
if we somehow had the money for all that and had a draft that fantastic id be ecstatic. i don't like trading keller but fleener is gonna be special

I dont like trading Devito for a 4th I dont mind trading Keller.

Mack on the Sig
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets913 wrote:

I agree money is a long shot but if the jets think they can somehow sign payton then they must feel they have some flexibility in their payroll
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont see how we get Calais Campbell. We need to have a conservative "money ball" type offseason.

Restructuring contracts isnt the easiest thing in the world. The only 2 that will be easy are Sanchez and Darrelle. Darrelle will get more years and save like 2M annually and Mark just knows he sucks and we can cut him without much dead money.

Id be thrilled with the draft outside of Mericlus. Not a huge fan of him. Also Miller is going in the first round and although I would LOVE it if he fell that far Brock Osweiler is going to shoot up draft board leading up to the draft.

This offseason would have been amazing had we of signed Peyton and cut/traded Sanchez.

BTW. Based on who you drafted your looking at cutting Maybin, and Ricky Sapp. I like the idea of the OLB overhaul but the Spencer move ONLY makes sense if he were able to get rid of Pace, and although I also like Massaquoi your taking a guy in the 4th whose essentially competing with our best pass rusher to make a final roster spot.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
BTW. Based on who you drafted your looking at cutting Maybin, and Ricky Sapp. I like the idea of the OLB overhaul but the Spencer move ONLY makes sense if he were able to get rid of Pace, and although I also like Massaquoi your taking a guy in the 4th whose essentially competing with our best pass rusher to make a final roster spot.

I'm going to switch the Jonathon Massaqoi pick. I love Massaquoi but Dune Page-Moss has the most potential. Whitney Merciluss wont be ready to start immediately, thats why i have Anthony Spencer in there. He'll start untill Merciluss is ready and then go back to being a rotational player. Guys like Ricky Sapp, Aaron Maybin, and Jonathon Massaquoi will all vie to take over for Calvin Pace's eventual decline.

Injuries also occur, and the Jets lack overall pass-rushing talent. The worst case scenario is that a the Jets have too many good passrushers and have to trade one.

So to **Update** the Jonathon Massaqoi pick will be changed.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:

Changed! At that pick i was deciding between Datko and Massaqoi, i figured with Datko's injury history and Massaqoi's motor that i'd pick massaqoi; but since i have too many OLB's, and Datko could be a steal in the 4th, i changed it. Also, RT is probably our biggest need and Carey is not the answer. I really want Jonathon Martin but i dont see how he really falls to us.
coolyourjets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight Our backup qb is brock osweiler? Waste of a pick and he's not shooting up any boards. I'd prefer to sign a veteran with experience henne quinn hill . Other than that id be 4 this.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolyourjets. wrote:
So let me get this straight Our backup qb is brock osweiler? Waste of a pick and he's not shooting up any boards. I'd prefer to sign a veteran with experience henne quinn hill . Other than that id be 4 this.

I guarantee he goes in the second round or even the end of the first. I'll even make a sig bet with you. Happens every year. Jay Cutler was considered a 3rd rounder then shot up to top 15. Mark my words buddy.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
coolyourjets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol brock osweiler r u kidding me first to 2nd round prospect A sig bet I don't even have one lol how bout a gentlemans bet. 1 case of beer. U win and ill gladly send u a case of ur choice and vice versa. Obviously any addresses would be pm'ed?
Heymangold

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love this.
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo Osweiler is a wasted pick. I'd much rather keep Devito.

I also don't like Mercilus in the first and actually with Spencer and Campbell, not to mention Maybin, i'm not sure why we would need him. We do need a cover guy, maybe Lavonte David or Zach Brown

I wasn't looking to draft a RB in the early rounds but Miller is good quality and you cover all our other needs with the rest of the draft and FAs

The draft 2-5 is excellent. I love guys like Fleener and Barron in the 2nd, Cole in the 3rd (may be available in 4th but i think he's good quality so why take a chance); Egnew will be like another wide receiver, Datko, if healthy will be getting a lot of playing time; I love Adams' speed; Johnson should be a great rotation guy.

Page-Moss had an acl injury so i'd much rather a Derek Wolfe or Aikiem Hicks type player

The last two are reaches imo

I would be very happy with your free agent signings

Overall i'd grade this an A
neauone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: not bad Reply with quote

Not bad, not bad at all, NOW, EVERYONE COOPERATE!!!!!!!
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft isn't bad just wouldn't trade devito for Osweiler, rather pick up a cheap QB in free agents and one thats a known ability.

Love the Lamar Miller and Koby Fleener picks, but I am not sure if I'm sold on Merciluss yet whenever I see game film I feel like he's too slow to play OLB and is more of a solid DE for the 4-3 that said he does have a nice tendency to get the ball and the QB separated.

Also doubt we manage to make that many moves money wise this off season but, I do like Spencer (not elite but he's solid not a liability).

Robert Meachum also seems to be a solid option but instead of Mike Sims-Walker I'd rather see if we can get Braylon cheap, he may be a tad more expensive but he has prior chemistry with Sanchez and also has more upside in my view (if healthy of course)

Not sure about Vernon Carey being enough at RT though and it would suck to go into this season with another persistent issue along the O-Line

Probably your best draft and off season I have seen so far though.

Hope we manage to land better help at RT somewhere in the draft and use the Oswieler pick elsewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: