Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD-12: War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjets wrote:
BlaZeN37 wrote:
Julian Posey and Ricky Sapp are both players I could see contributing to this team. Julian Posey has the makings of a great special teams player and could turn into a decent dime back. Sapp has a ton of potential as a pass rusher if he is able to stay healthy. He has the perfect measurables to play rush linebacker, but he also is the fluid athlete it takes to be good in coverage.

In terms of which players to release, Eric Smith and Wayne Hunter are no brainers to me. Cutting both of them will save almost 6 million in cap space with neither of them having any dead cap hit.

Other players to consider releasing are Brandon Moore, Mike DeVito, Bart Scott, and Santonio Holmes. For the sake of this FFMD-12 it does not make sense to cut either Holmes or Scott due to the fact that there dead cap hit probably won't decrease depending the new contract that they would sign. I asked the mod running FFMD and he said that probably won't happen but he will let me know. I do however think we should stick both Santonio Holmes and Bart Scott on the trade back, everyone agree?

I am also leaning towards not cutting DeVito or Moore because the hole it would create at there respective position is not worth the amount of money we would be saving on there contracts.

Saving = cap hit - salary. Is that right?

How do you plan to bolster S with this given DC?

I think in FA we need to get a FS and RT as top two priorities especially if we plan to release Eric Smith. We would almost have to save Pool as an insurance policy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Props Jamison.
Quinton Coples
1 TKL
Melvin Ingram
1 TKL, 1 FF
reissing87jets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on offence...

QB-Sanchez is our guy for now, we need to let him have a year in the new system before we do anything drastic. Bru has got to go, and we'll let Greg take the backup QB job....unless we decide to bring in someone, Flynn is an option but it could be a whole lot of money, maybe Henne on a minimum.

RB-Tomlinson is gone, we need to add explosivness add this position. Mcknight isn't a viable running back but can add something, Greene is very solid and has done good things so we need to keep him. We should look to add a 3rd down back scat back to replace LDT.

WR- Our biggest issue, Plax should be gone and then we have a decision to make with Holmes. I think we don't do anything drastic like trade Tone, he's one of our best players and should be kept. I'd like to add a receiver through either FA or the draft. Kerley will be our slot guy for a long time and Turner is a good #4, although we rarely go 4 wide. If we can get a good price for a wr via trade I would be open to it.

TE- Keller is solid but we need a better blocking TE than Mulligan. Cumberland can become a good receiving option if healthy as well so a blocking TE is needed.

OL- Nothing to say about Brick, Mangold or Moore, all great players. We have to get rid of Hunter, worst tackle in the league, we need to address this position via FA, it's a must. Slausan is average at best, personally I want someone better there, a lot better, I've got a few guys in mind...

That's my thoughts, looking forward to working with everyone!
green24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reissing87jets wrote:
My take on offence...

QB-Sanchez is our guy for now, we need to let him have a year in the new system before we do anything drastic. Bru has got to go, and we'll let Greg take the backup QB job....unless we decide to bring in someone, Flynn is an option but it could be a whole lot of money, maybe Henne on a minimum.

RB-Tomlinson is gone, we need to add explosivness add this position. Mcknight isn't a viable running back but can add something, Greene is very solid and has done good things so we need to keep him. We should look to add a 3rd down back scat back to replace LDT.

WR- Our biggest issue, Plax should be gone and then we have a decision to make with Holmes. I think we don't do anything drastic like trade Tone, he's one of our best players and should be kept. I'd like to add a receiver through either FA or the draft. Kerley will be our slot guy for a long time and Turner is a good #4, although we rarely go 4 wide. If we can get a good price for a wr via trade I would be open to it.

TE- Keller is solid but we need a better blocking TE than Mulligan. Cumberland can become a good receiving option if healthy as well so a blocking TE is needed.

OL- Nothing to say about Brick, Mangold or Moore, all great players. We have to get rid of Hunter, worst tackle in the league, we need to address this position via FA, it's a must. Slausan is average at best, personally I want someone better there, a lot better, I've got a few guys in mind...

We should absolutely keep Slauson. We should think about getting rid of Moore if it means we're getting Nicks, Grubbs, or DeCastro. He is getting older and I can see a sharp decline coming.
reissing87jets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
reissing87jets wrote:
My take on offence...

We should absolutely keep Slauson. We should think about getting rid of Moore if it means we're getting Nicks, Grubbs, or DeCastro. He is getting older and I can see a sharp decline coming.

Moore was statistically one of the best Guards in the league last year and has gotten better with age recently.
quietjets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers plan to slap a F tag on Goldson. They have plenty room in cap.

Raiders' budget is tight but they only need to cut Huff, Kelly, Curry, Seymour or someone else to make a room for Branch.

Redskins have plenty room left on cap so Landry may not be available as they try to fill holes with FA.

F-tag for S is 6 million.

who else for S market?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjets wrote:

Raiders' budget is tight but they only need to cut Huff, Kelly, Curry, Seymour or someone else to make a room for Branch.

Redskins have plenty room left on cap so Landry may not be available as they try to fill holes with FA.

who else for S market?

Nelson , and I think Griffin from the titans is still out there. I haven't been able to check myself yet.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjets wrote:

who else for S market?

Reggie Nelson should be our #1 choice. I would be interested in Huff if he is cut. We could also look for trade candidates such as Major Wright.
reissing87jets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjets wrote:

who else for S market?

Reggie Nelson should be our #1 choice. I would be interested in Huff if he is cut. We could also look for trade candidates such as Major Wright.

I was about to come in and say Major Wright, bears are shopping him for a 5th, I think it's a good price for him...

I want to try and leave the defence to everyone as I'm the OC but can't help but give my two cent!
IBleedGreen7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low Levels Guys to keep

Martin Tevaseu- great #3 NT
Eron Riley- burner, getting better, great size and comparisons(Miles Austin)
Isaiah Trufant- great ST guy, recovered McKnight's blocked punt last year

Everyone else I'm unsure about and is easily sustainable

Props To Jamison.
Why does no one respect Andrew Luck
green24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reissing87jets wrote:
green24 wrote:
quietjets wrote:

who else for S market?

I was about to come in and say Major Wright, bears are shopping him for a 5th, I think it's a good price for him...

I want to try and leave the defence to everyone as I'm the OC but can't help but give my two cent!

Agreed. A safety trio of Nelson, Wright, and Leonhard would be a huge improvement over last year.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reissing87jets wrote:
green24 wrote:
quietjets wrote:

who else for S market?

Yeah a 5th is a great deal . I'm shocked because he is 23 years old. It would be a pretty good move if we can't land Nelson.
quietjets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjets wrote:

who else for S market?

Nelson , and I think Griffin from the titans is still out there. I haven't been able to check myself yet.

ah... both teams are well under the cap as well. keep monitoring them.

Anyways,

As HC, I do not want to cut any OL. Not even Hunter. Right now. I think Jets are better off to play the simplest offense, which is against my preference. That means no presnap motion so it should be easy on Hunter and Mulligan (RFA) who struggled to get in rhythm last year.

LT: Ferguson. Locked.
LG: Slauson. Locked.
OC: Mangold. Locked.
RG: Moore.
RT: Hunter.

I like Adam Synder of 49ers to upgrade Moore if Jets run the smashmouth offense.

I don't see any good T to replace Hunter for cheaper than 3m but go ahead and try it. I am fixed for drafting T in either 3rd or 4th round to play RT.
quietjets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBleedGreen7 wrote:
Low Levels Guys to keep

About freaking time.

I think I like to add C Boggs too because I want Slauson to stay at LG only.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjets wrote:
IBleedGreen7 wrote:
Low Levels Guys to keep

About freaking time.

I think I like to add C Boggs too because I want Slauson to stay at LG only.

I would add on Ricky Sapp, Logan Payne, and Michael Campbell.
BlaZeN37

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I understand your point QJ, I just don't think Eric Smith is worth $3 million. I think we should look to re-sign Leonhard, and we can probably keep him for cheap. He obviously has his weaknesses but he fits very well into this defense and doesn't get enough credit for his deep zone ability. He almost never blows assignments and gives up big plays. While he does struggle at times playing man on slots WRs or receiving TEs, he helps our secondary as a whole.

In terms of filling the other safety spot, I think we should take a wait and see approach. A few safeties I like in FA that could come at a decent price are Reggie Nelson and Tanard Jackson. We should also consider retaining Brodney Pool for depth, and possibly adding a safety via the draft depending on how the chips fall.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 3 of 103

Jump to: