Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2012-War Room
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: FFMD 2012-War Room Reply with quote

Might as well get this started, hope nobody minds?
#clueless
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call.

As to the question earlier here is what I have been told.

drd23 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
What are the rules when cutting a player in terms of the cap hit?

Been explained earlier in the thread. If a player has a prorated signing bonus left that is counting against the cap.

Pro-rated option bonuses that were paid prior to 2012 will also be accelerated into the current cap if a player is cut.

If you are unsure when the option bonus was paid, check either spotrac.com or the contracts page on Rotoworld

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After checking out the roster, cap situation
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0ApLM6OkdirHYdFhuYTRaTmNESlJ2QXFUNzY3UWtpYnc&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=false&gid=22

I have some ideas:
-cut Hiram Eugene...have to find out his cap hit, but I can't remember big signing bonus...
-cut or extend Curry. If we like him as a potential starter we need to give him a 3 y deal for less money, so he will become cap friendly...what's the rule for new contracts?
-cut John Henderson...he had no signing bonus if I'm correct, all the deal was quaranteed, so it's cap saving
-cut jerome Boyd...he is useless
-cut CJ...check out the signing bonus first, but since he is in last year of the deal, with a high salary it would save us money IMO
-we should check for restructure for TK if is it possible
-same with CP
-Seymour is a difficult one for me. Cutting him would free up cap space. Trading him would free up cap space and would give us something. Would be good to see him back, but that would have to mean a big restructure...
-Wimbley should restructure.

Branch, Condo, Heyer, Samson, Moss, maybe Scott and Chaz are the UFA's I would bring back.
Bryant and Reece needs to be back with tender or with long term deals IMO.

These were my first ideas...big picture thinking stuff.

As I stated in the other topic I would like to work on the D side.
I'm willing to check potetial rookies, UDFA's or FA's on that side.

Let me know what you need...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it determined who's doing what? Or who is/isn't involved?

PM sig requests.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Was it determined who's doing what? Or who is/isn't involved?

Not yet.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

118.609M is the commited salary cap with 6.391M cap space according to the link above.

Here is my saving numbers:
-Cooper 3M-(signing bonus\5), however with the possible move to the ZBS he could just restructure or get a 2 year new deal and stay as back up or emergency starter. He got a 5 year deal back which now pays 3M, so the max amount is around 15M IMO. Let's say half was guaranteed, with a 3M signing bonus...that would be 3\5=0,6 cap hit, which means 2,4 savings.
-Curry 5.758M. He got a 2yr 6M deal without signing bonus. For 2012 he has 750K guaranteed money, so he can be cut easily without serious cap hit. I think if we cut him we save 5M, but I would extend him. I think his 2 yr 6M deal is a good starting point. Give him a 3yr deal for 8-9M with 3-4M guaranteed money. That would save us at least 2M for 2012.
-Eugene got his contract without signing bonus IMO, since all his salaries put together the full amount. I'm not sure about his guaranteed money, but I guess it's a low deal in that regard as well. I think a cut would save us 2M in 2012.
-Henderson got a 2yr deal with 1,5M signing bonus. His 2012 salary would be 4M with 1,5 guaranteed. 4-(1,5\2+1,5)=1,75 saving IMO
-CJ is up for 3,5M. If I remember correctly he got a 4yr 12M deal back then...let's say 4M signing bonus. 3,5-(4/4)=2,5 savings
-Kelly got a 5yr deal with 17,5 signing bonus. That's 3,5 per year, so we could save around 2,5M if he is moved, but I think he will stay, so I don't count him.
-CP is due to 12,5M this year and 13M, 15M in the next years. I think Reggie could force a good restructure this offseason, cause CP is still a questionmark for every other team, so his best chance to get paid is here...I'm targeting a 3 yr 30M with low signing bonus and guarnateed amount. This could save us around 2,5M this season.
-Routt is due to 5M this year, so he will stay IMO. His 11,5M years will be problem next offseason.
-Seymour would get 7,5M guaranteed salary and 7,5M roster bonus. We could save 7,5M here right? A trade would be nice. I would put him on the trading block fast.
-Wimbley is due to 11M, but he is not a guy who is cut friendly either. He would push the salary cap for 4 more years with big amount. I think he will just restructure if 1 or other year is not managable with his numbers. I think there could be from 0 to 3M saving if needed...
-Huff is a guy who's name come up in restructure talks all the time, but he is due to 16M in 3 years from now on, since he got 16M in his first year(I'm guessing 8M salary(he said the number after the season) and 8M signing bonus). 5,3\year is not that bad, if he can play on his 2010 level IMO.

That would mean 20,65M saving without touching Wimbley, Routt, Huff. The only big-name departure is Seymour, so with these savings our team overall wouldn't get weaker.

That would mean 27,041M cap space before any resigning or signing. Still not ideal, but managable IMO.
Reece and Bryant won't be to expensive, our draft picks won't be expensive neither. Kuhn got a 3yr 7,5M deal from GB as a FB. I would eye this to Reece and a solid back up deal for Bryant around 1M...
Samson could get a 2M\yr deal while Heyer should settle for 1,5M.
Moss around 750-1M
Branch is the big fish with a 5 yr 25M deal.
That's 13...rookies would eat up around 3M if we get enough comp pick...
That would leave us with around 11M to spend on FA's...

What do you think about the cap calculation and about the player moves??
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's check out some potential FA's...

QB:
Brady Quinn, Chad Henne or David Carr could be in the picture if we can't get along with Jason Campbell. The wild-card option here is that the FO is so confident in Pryor as #2, that we only bring in camp-arm's...

RB:
Mike Tolbert, Benjarvus Green-Ellis or Derrick Ward could come in and help out DMC and Jones with some power. Ward is a fit with new OC.

OL:
Breno Giacomini, Jeremy Zuttah could be solid pick ups for our right side. If we really changing to the ZBS then Heyer and Khalif could be out of the picture, but Samson and even Cooper could\should stay.

DL:
Aubrayo Franklin, Brodrick Bunkley, Marcus Thomas or Pat Simms could be usefull against the run.

LB:
Wesley Woodyard seems like a solid WLB option, more of a back up or stop gap, but if Wimbley goes to DE and Curry to SLB we will need some bodies.

CB:
Terrell Thomas, Marcus Trufant, Zac Bowman or Jarrett Bush could be in our target zone...

S:
Brodney Pool, Tyrell Johnson or Tanard Jackson could get some looks if Tyvon leaves.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

QB:
Brady Quinn, Chad Henne or David Carr could be in the picture if we can't get along with Jason Campbell. The wild-card option here is that the FO is so confident in Pryor as #2, that we only bring in camp-arm's...

RB:
Mike Tolbert, Benjarvus Green-Ellis or Derrick Ward could come in and help out DMC and Jones with some power. Ward is a fit with new OC.

OL:
Breno Giacomini, Jeremy Zuttah could be solid pick ups for our right side. If we really changing to the ZBS then Heyer and Khalif could be out of the picture, but Samson and even Cooper could\should stay.

DL:
Aubrayo Franklin, Brodrick Bunkley, Marcus Thomas or Pat Simms could be usefull against the run.

LB:
Wesley Woodyard seems like a solid WLB option, more of a back up or stop gap, but if Wimbley goes to DE and Curry to SLB we will need some bodies.

CB:
Terrell Thomas, Marcus Trufant, Zac Bowman or Jarrett Bush could be in our target zone...

S:
Brodney Pool, Tyrell Johnson or Tanard Jackson could get some looks if Tyvon leaves.

Guys in the bold are guys that I like that you mentioned.

Other guys that I like are Eric Wright (CB), Antonio Dixon (DT),

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

QB:

RB:

OL:

DL:

LB:

CB:

S:

Barring Safety (which I think we will keep the same), I would take any combination of 1 of each position. Like the options. Top priority being a run-stuffing DT, especially if we move to 3-4 or have a 3-4/4-3 hybrid.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Rolni wrote:

QB:

RB:

OL:

DL:

LB:

CB:

S:

Guys in the bold are guys that I like that you mentioned.

Other guys that I like are Eric Wright (CB), Antonio Dixon (DT),

I left out Wright cause I think he will be back with Detroit. Dixon is a solid name
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
118.609M is the commited salary cap with 6.391M cap space according to the link above.

Here is my saving numbers:
-Cooper 3M-(signing bonus\5), however with the possible move to the ZBS he could just restructure or get a 2 year new deal and stay as back up or emergency starter. He got a 5 year deal back which now pays 3M, so the max amount is around 15M IMO. Let's say half was guaranteed, with a 3M signing bonus...that would be 3\5=0,6 cap hit, which means 2,4 savings.
-Curry 5.758M. He got a 2yr 6M deal without signing bonus. For 2012 he has 750K guaranteed money, so he can be cut easily without serious cap hit. I think if we cut him we save 5M, but I would extend him. I think his 2 yr 6M deal is a good starting point. Give him a 3yr deal for 8-9M with 3-4M guaranteed money. That would save us at least 2M for 2012.
-Eugene got his contract without signing bonus IMO, since all his salaries put together the full amount. I'm not sure about his guaranteed money, but I guess it's a low deal in that regard as well. I think a cut would save us 2M in 2012.
-Henderson got a 2yr deal with 1,5M signing bonus. His 2012 salary would be 4M with 1,5 guaranteed. 4-(1,5\2+1,5)=1,75 saving IMO
-CJ is up for 3,5M. If I remember correctly he got a 4yr 12M deal back then...let's say 4M signing bonus. 3,5-(4/4)=2,5 savings
-Kelly got a 5yr deal with 17,5 signing bonus. That's 3,5 per year, so we could save around 2,5M if he is moved, but I think he will stay, so I don't count him.
-CP is due to 12,5M this year and 13M, 15M in the next years. I think Reggie could force a good restructure this offseason, cause CP is still a questionmark for every other team, so his best chance to get paid is here...I'm targeting a 3 yr 30M with low signing bonus and guarnateed amount. This could save us around 2,5M this season.
-Routt is due to 5M this year, so he will stay IMO. His 11,5M years will be problem next offseason.
-Seymour would get 7,5M guaranteed salary and 7,5M roster bonus. We could save 7,5M here right? A trade would be nice. I would put him on the trading block fast.
-Wimbley is due to 11M, but he is not a guy who is cut friendly either. He would push the salary cap for 4 more years with big amount. I think he will just restructure if 1 or other year is not managable with his numbers. I think there could be from 0 to 3M saving if needed...
-Huff is a guy who's name come up in restructure talks all the time, but he is due to 16M in 3 years from now on, since he got 16M in his first year(I'm guessing 8M salary(he said the number after the season) and 8M signing bonus). 5,3\year is not that bad, if he can play on his 2010 level IMO.

That would mean 20,65M saving without touching Wimbley, Routt, Huff. The only big-name departure is Seymour, so with these savings our team overall wouldn't get weaker.

That would mean 27,041M cap space before any resigning or signing. Still not ideal, but managable IMO.
Reece and Bryant won't be to expensive, our draft picks won't be expensive neither. Kuhn got a 3yr 7,5M deal from GB as a FB. I would eye this to Reece and a solid back up deal for Bryant around 1M...
Samson could get a 2M\yr deal while Heyer should settle for 1,5M.
Moss around 750-1M
Branch is the big fish with a 5 yr 25M deal.
That's 13...rookies would eat up around 3M if we get enough comp pick...
That would leave us with around 11M to spend on FA's...

What do you think about the cap calculation and about the player moves??

I agree with a lot of this. Might be an idea to put players on the trade block to see if we get any takers. Are we bidding for UFA's like last year,cos if so we can't guarantee to get anyone back. Also figures can be inflated with other teams with more cap space involved so those figures would likely increase.

Last year I think we could try and restructure 3 players and make offers to 3 UFAS before they hit the talent agency. I might be wrong on that.

Happy to be a scout if required.
#clueless
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fellow FFMDers, just wanted to throw this out there:

Eagles 2012 Trade Block

Quote:
Asante Samuel, CB
DeSean Jackson, WR (Tag and Trade)
Winston Justice, OT
Mike Patterson, DT
Darryl Tapp, DE
Jamaal Jackson, C/OG

Please feel free to inquire with realistic offers for any of these players. Also, we will listen to any realistic offer for any player on our roster other than LeSean McCoy, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Trent Cole.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

QB:

RB:

OL:

DL:

LB:

CB:

S:

Nice list. As LLWFC says I like Antonio Dixon but he is likely to be tendered. Coverage LB is a position I would like to cover in the draft if possible.

Could do with knowing what system we are going to be playing?
#clueless
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I'm Tyty. You probably haven't heard of me.

But I'm the Assistant GM for the Bears.

Wanna talk trades? Get at me.

This is Tyty

This is BEARS24, our GM.

This is our war room

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Giants GM here.

Here's a link to our war room:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=478715

Here's a link to our salaries/trade block/depth chart/etc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArN_6YkeoFlfdHdMSFFyRlZUc3FDb1J2dEV2N1BDN2c&hl=en_US#gid=1

Feel free to send me trade offers. Best of luck. Smile

^Stone85 on the sig^

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: