Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ridiculously Early Mock... Because I'm bored and on call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medisback

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Ridiculously Early Mock... Because I'm bored and on call Reply with quote

No trades

Draft in mid 20s fornow

1. Jesse Williams DT 'Bama: originally a rugby player. Reportedly VERY strong (bench 600 lbs?!) and surprisingly agile for 6-3 and 320lbs. Didn't start playing football until later so a bit raw, but potentially could be run stuffer of future.
2. Arthur Brown ILB KState: Transfer from Miami was all over the field in blow out of old team. He is fluid and explosive with top instincts (aka NOT Mays). Can fight through blocks.
3. Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas: big strong guard who has the athletic ability to block at the second level too. Improve the front a bit more
4. Chris Gragg TE Arkansas: Not the biggest TE at 6-3 and 236, he does have pretty good hands (110 yds with 2 TDs first game this year and 83 yds in second game... both with 7 catches). Another TE option.
5. Zach Line FB SMU: powerful runner with decent size 6-1 230# who did an otherwise decent job during a poor overall effort vs Baylor
6. John Boyett FS Oregon: season derailed by partial tears to BOTH patellar tendons; however, was one of the better safety prospects in the draft prior to the injury. Elway takes the chance
7. Desmond Trufant CB Washington: NFL bloodlines, take a flyer on one of the better defenders on a poor defense.

Thoughts? My thinking on needs at this point are MLB, DT, FB, DB depth, OL depth, pass catcher for PM. I'm not too familiar with this draft class yet but here is a quick go
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Denver give its #5 to Philly or someone this year?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know enough about college talent to list a mock draft this early.
However I will say the order of our draft should look like this based on the players we have and those who might be leaving in the off season.

1. IL (we need a stud linebacker who can stuff the run and also cover in the passing game.)

2. DE (you can never have enough pass rushers. Ayers is unlikely to be resigned. Hunter is not a spring chicken and coming off a serious injury. Woolfe is a long term tackle. We can get a good pass rushing end in the 2nd round)

3. DT (we still need to bring in a big athletic run stuffer to clog the middle for the next decade. We do it here and finally we are done with the rebuilding of our front 7)

4. WR (Does Stokely have more than one season left? Probably not. We could use another talented receiver behind DT and Decker.)

5. OG (we need more depth at guard position even with Blake. I am not sold on Beadles as more than a back up)

6. OG/OT (another O line draftee. This unit needs as much competition and depth as possible)

7. LB (more line backer depth)

In my view, we are set at Tight end. With Tame, Driessen, Green, Thomas and Ingram in the PS, no need to draft a TE.
We are set at QB. I see us signing a veteran back up and an undrafted player for the PS)
RB (sign an undrafted RB and a FB. We could also sign a free agent if we let Moreno go)
On defense we are pretty much set everywhere after the draft. Safety might be the area we spend some money on in free agency. After next year's draft I expect us to spend little time going after free agents. Maybe one or two per off season. Our focus will now be on keeping our guys and sustaining through the draft.)
medisback

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I hope with end up with Teo. My prayers are with this young man this week. Lost his grandmother and girlfriend (to leukemia) all within 7 days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: