Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD12-1: Baltimore Ravens War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. X

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: FFMD12-1: Baltimore Ravens War Room Reply with quote

FFMD12: Baltimore Ravens War Room

Information

Dates and Deadlines
skaterbirdhouse wrote:
There will also be a new schedule:

Feb 13, 11 PM - Re-signing of own UFAs ends (contract restructuring still allowed)
Feb 13, 8 AM - Franchising period starts
Feb 13, 10 PM - Franchise period ends
Feb 14, 10 PM - ERFA/RFA tenders made
Feb 15, 11PM - Franchise/Transition/ERFA/RFA offers made
Feb 15 - Talent Agency FA opens
Feb 16, 10PM - Deadline for matching Franchise/Transition offers made
Feb 16, 10PM - Talent Agency FA pitches submission deadline
Feb 17 - Deadline for matching RFA offers
Feb 18 - Talent Agency FA decision deadline
Feb 19 - General UFA ("the shark pool") begins
Feb 23 - Contract restructuring period ends
Feb 24 - Draft begins

Online Resources

Roster and Depth Chart

Daily Updates
February 1, 2011 Good Morning Baltimore Ravens Fandom, I Mr. X, have been selected to serve as the General Manager of the Baltimore Ravens in the Footballs Future Mock Draft. My strategy is simply, to make the Ravens the best team in the NFL. But I cannot do it alone. I will need your help. For the next few days I will be hiring a staff to help me achieve this goal. Now before you apply you much know this requires and incredible amount of dedication. This mock draft will last roughly two months and any time something needed does not get done it only hurts the team. With that said, I am hiring for certain positions listed below. If you are interested in joining please PM me what position you would like and a brief explanation of why I should choose you. I would like to get all positions filled by February 6 but would especially like to get the positions of Assistant General Manager, Head Coach, Director of College Scouting, and President of Player Personnel filled by Friday, February 3.

Staff Positions
Assistant General Manager Vacant - Your job is to seek out trades and aid me in making personnel decisions. Your primary role is trade coordinator and consultant. You must work with the President of Player Personnel to stay on top of other teams' trade blocks. You and he are both responsible for providing an accurate list of who is on a trade block and, if possible, which teams are showing interest in those players.

Head Coach - Flaccomania -Your job is to confer with the Offensive Coordinator and the Defensive Coordinator to evaluate what positions on the roster need to be improved and what cuts can and should be made.

Offensive Coordinator - Vacant - Your job is to evaluate every position on our offensive depth chart. Determine our weaknesses, prioritize our needs on this side of the ball, and decide which of our Free Agents on offense need to be brought back.

Defensive Coordinator - DanFS#7 - Your job is to evaluate every position on our defensive depth chart. Determine our weaknesses, prioritize our needs on this side of the ball, and decide which of our Free Agents on defense need to be brought back.

Capologist - drd23 - Your job is to evaluate all cap issues and find ways to make our cap situation work. Be right, be consistent, and find ways for us to improve cap space by working with the Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, and Head Coach in order to create cap room. You are also uniquely responsible for drafting the contract numbers to offer Free Agents.

Co - Directors of College Scouting - Mr. X / diamondbull424 - Your job is to coordinate our big board by working with our scouts. You must work with the Scouts, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, Head Coach, General Manager, and Assistant General Manager to determine which positions are best served being addressed through the draft.

Senior Collegiate Scout - STrid - Takes on normal scouting duties as well as serving as an assistant to the Director of College Scouting. Should the Director of College Scouting be unable to perform their duties at any given time the Senior Collegiate Scout will take over for that period of time. The Senior Collegiate scout will be required to come up with scouting strategies with the Director of College Scouting.

President of Player Personnel - nlesthought - Your job is to know who is being cut around the league and what players work best for our needs in Free Agency by working with the Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, General Manager, and Assistant General Manager. You do not have scouts, so you are being relied upon to accurately evaluate Free Agents. You must work with the Assistant General Manager to stay on top of other teams' trade blocks. You are both responsible for providing an accurate list of who is on a trade block and, if possible, which teams are showing interest in those players.

Director of Media Relations - diamondbull424 - Your job is to synopsize our transactions and provide them to the game writers as press releases. Your opinion is allowed. I must approve of the release. You must be a good writer who employs proper grammar.

Scouts - You are assigned to a region or conference you regularly watch. You must report on all draftable players in your region or conference and give them grades. Which positions you focus on are directed by the Director of College Scouting, the General Manager, and the Assistant General Manager. I will accept users from other boards for some of these positions, but you must be comprehensive, consistent, reliable, and punctual. You answer first to the Director of College Scouting teams' boards. Must be comprehensive. Must be reliable. Must be able to meet deadlines. Ideally, I would have multiple scouts per region/conference, but I understand that is not always going to be possible.

ACC / SEC Scout - STrid
    Big East / Big Ten Scout - Vacant
    Pac-12 / Big 12 Scout - Vacant
    Independent / C-USA / MAC / MWC / Sun Belt / WAC Scout - diamondbull424
    D-FCS / D-II / D-III / JuCo Scout - Vacant
    AFC Scout - Vacant
    NFC Scout - Vacant

Evaluations of Free Agents and College Players should be formatted as follows:

Name - Position - Year/Class OR NFL Experience - Team (Either college or previous NFL team)
    Measurements (Height, Weight, and Projected .40 if a college player)
    2011 Statistics
    Career Statistics
    Strengths
    Weaknesses
    Grade: At the best of your ability give the player you have scouted a letter grade. This grade is not the end all be all of how the player will be evaluated but it will help keep things organized. Do not feel as if all grades are finalized, they will be evaluated a second time by upper management.

4 (A): Star Starter: Would immediately replace the person at his position on the roster and excel.
      3 (B): Potential Starter: Would challenge to start or at the very least serve as a rotational guy.
      2 (C): Rotational Depth: Could rotate in and produce with limited action.
      1 (D): Depth: Would not start, should not be counted on as a rotational player. Would displace a depth player he would be replacing.
      0 (F): No fit: Either doesn't fit our scheme or is not worth picking up.

Notes:

I will update this post in the War Room FREQUENTLY. If you find any information missing here along the way, notify me.

BringinDaPain wrote:
League War Rooms:

AFC East:
Bills
Fins
Patriots
Jets

AFC North:
Ravens
Bengals
Browns
Steelers

AFC South:
Texans
Colts
Jaguars
Titans

AFC West:
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers

NFC East:
Giants
Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins

NFC North:
Bears
Lions
Packers
Vikings

NFC South:
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Buccaneers

NFC West:
Cardinals
49ers
Seahawks
Rams

Last edited by Mr. X on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:16 am; edited 23 times in total
STrid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great you signed on, Mr. X!

I really hope a lot will join in, as this is one of the most fun event on FF every year.

Looking forward to working with you lot!

^Et billede siger mere end tusind ord!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be involved, but I don't have the time to dedicate into researching a lot of the prospects nor staying on top of cuts/trades/etc. I mainly browse while I'm on at work. If there's a position that can accomodate that (Head Coach seemed like the only one that may), I'd be down. Otherwise, just consider me a "consultant". Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, Diamondbull424, would like to participate as the following:
Director of Media Relations
Independent / C-USA / MAC / Sun Belt / WAC Scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys please PM me what you're interested in so I can keep better track of who is interested in what and can have more in depth convos Very Happy
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things:

1) The Ravens roster is final. I put it together myself and have checked it against Ravens24x7 (which is probably the best Ravens specific site for cap stuff)

2) I can help maintain the rosters/salary since I'm now pretty familiar with them. I can also give input on draft picks, which FAs to target etc. time permitting

3) Its encouraged that as much as possible is discussed out in the open and not in PMs. The point of FFMD is to have fun and to get as many people as possible involved, something that can't be done if everything happens in PMs
Mr. X wrote:
Guys please PM me what you're interested in so I can keep better track of who is interested in what and can have more in depth convos Very Happy

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
A few things:

1) The Ravens roster is final. I put it together myself and have checked it against Ravens24x7 (which is probably the best Ravens specific site for cap stuff)

2) I can help maintain the rosters/salary since I'm now pretty familiar with them. I can also give input on draft picks, which FAs to target etc. time permitting

3) Its encouraged that as much as possible is discussed out in the open and not in PMs. The point of FFMD is to have fun and to get as many people as possible involved, something that can't be done if everything happens in PMs
Mr. X wrote:

Agreed. Aside from the discussing of codes, I think everything should be out here in the open.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Niners AGM here. Looking forward to this year's FFMD! Myself and adamq (GM) will be the contacts if you are looking to make a deal with the Niners. Feel free to send us any proposals you may have. Best of luck!

mike23md doin work on the sig!! ^^
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedNGoldinSoCal wrote:
Hey guys, Niners AGM here. Looking forward to this year's FFMD! Myself and adamq (GM) will be the contacts if you are looking to make a deal with the Niners. Feel free to send us any proposals you may have. Best of luck!

Domonique Foxworth and Chris Carr for Aldon Smith. Thanks in advance. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
drd23 wrote:
A few things:

Mr. X wrote:

Agreed. Aside from the discussing of codes, I think everything should be out here in the open.

The Reason I said PM me is because I figured out how to have PM's pop up on my phone when I get one so I will know when somebody is applying for a position. Otherwise I'll have to wait until I get free time to respond to people. I'm fine with either way you guys prefer.
Mr. X

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I have:

STrid as the Senior Collegiate Scouting Director and ACC/SEC Scout

Flaccomania as the Head Coach

diamondbull424 as the Director of Media Relations and Independent / C-USA / MAC / Sun Belt / WAC Scout (if you feel this should be broken up more let me know but I figured those conference and the 4 independent teams should have a somewhat equal number of prospects as say the Big Ten / Big 12)

and drd23 as the capologist.

There are still plenty of jobs needed so please join!
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found my OP format so useful Smile

I'm the Texans' GM. Our AGM is amazingandre. I'm just dropping a line to establish a connection here.

Good luck, gentlemen!
Mr. X

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Glad you found my OP format so useful Smile

I'm the Texans' GM. Our AGM is amazingandre. I'm just dropping a line to establish a connection here.

Good luck, gentlemen!

I was going to message you and say thanks! It saved me so much time Very Happy

Yes good luck. Feel free to contact us when trade time comes around...especially when you decide to put JJ Watt OTB!!!
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
drd23 wrote:
A few things:

Mr. X wrote:

Yep. Feel free to have someone put together a code sheet for the draft and for FA if you wish. The mods only ask that the code sheet be freely available to any Ravens fans wanting to participate.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Mr. X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys I know we can do better than this. I only have three staff member. Anybody wanting to join to help out please apply for a position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 1 of 89

Jump to: