Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD12: Houston Texans War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: FFMD12: Houston Texans War Room Reply with quote

FFMD12: Houston Texans War Room

Information

Dates and Deadlines
Quote:
Feb 13, 11PM - Re-signing of own UFAs ends (contract restructuring still allowed)
Feb 13, 8AM - Franchising period starts
Feb 13, 10PM - Franchise period ends
Feb 14, 10PM EST - ERFA/RFA tenders made
Feb 16, 10AM EST - Deadline to submit Franchise/Transition/RFA offer-sheets
Feb 16, Midnight EST - Deadline for matching RFA offers
Feb 17, 6PM EST - Talent Agency FA opens (First Batch of FA's Announced)
Feb 18, Noon EST - Deadline to submit Talent Agency FA pitches for First Batch Clients
Feb 18 6PM EST - Second Batch TA Free Agents Announced
Feb 18 10PM EST - First Batch Signings Announced
(Process above will be repeated as necessary until TA Clients are exhausted)
Feb 19, 8PM EST - "Shark Tank" (General UFA) Signing Begins
Feb 20, 10PM EST - Contract restructuring period ends*
* Subject to change as needed to accommodate Talent Agency Free Agency

Feb 29, 10AM EST - Draft begins*
*Subject to change as needed to accommodate Talent Agency Free Agency process (in all honesty, expect this to be pushed back a day or two, but this is the ideal date we're shooting for).

Online Resources

Roster

Trade Block
    TE Owen Daniels - 2nd
    QB T.J. Yates - 3rd
    WR Jacoby Jones - 6th
    OT Rashad Butler - 5th

Draft Picks
    Round 1 | Pick 7 Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
    Round 2 | Pick 54 Chandler Jones, OLB, Syracuse
    Round 2 | Pick 58 Marvin Jones, WR, California
    Round 4 | Pick 125 Adam Gettis, OG, Iowa
    Round 5 | Pick 132 Derek Wolfe, DE, Cincinnati

Draft Information

Free Agent Tracker

Free Agent Acquisitions
    RB Arian Foster - RFA - 1st Round Tender - $2.26MM
    DB Quentin Demps - RFA - ROFR - $1.26MM
    LS Jon Weeks - ERFA - $.615MM
    OC Chris Myers - UFA - 6 yr. / $40MM, $23MM Guaranteed w/ $12MM SB
    WR Robert Meachem - UFA 5 yr. / $49.5MM, $32.5MM Guaranteed w/ $17.5MM SB
    K Neil Rackers - UFA - $1.2MM
    ILB Tim Dobbins - UFA - $.7MM
    OLB Jameson Konz - UFA - $.54MM
    C Jeff Byers - UFA - $.465M

Cap Information (updated regularly!)
    119.280M Cap Space Committed; 4.424MM Cap Space Available

War Rooms and Staffs Around the League

Daily Updates

February 29, 2012:
With the seventh pick of the 2012 NFL Football's Future Mock Draft, the

Houston Texans select...

Dontari Poe, Defensive Tackle out of Memphis University

Height: 6'3.5"
    Weight: 346 lbs
    40-Yard: 4.98 Seconds
    Bench Press: 44 Reps
    Vertical Jump: 29.5"
    Shuttle: 4.56 seconds
    Broad Jump: 8'9"

Career Stats
    57 Solo Tackles
    44 Assisted Tackles
    101 Tackles
    21.5 Tackles for Loss
    8 QB Hurries
    0 Interceptions
    4 Forced Fumbles

SoutheastTexan wrote:

Strengths: Size - A tall, well put together 350-pound lineman who carries his weight well and doesn't possess much soft flesh. Displays a physically put together lower half as well. Is strong through the base, legs and calves and honestly can play at 350. Has a Haloti Ngata type build. Is a monster in the weight room. Puts in the time off the field to get better/stronger. Explosiveness - Exhibits a "plus" first step for his size. Showcases the ability to get into opposing linemen quickly and keep his pad level down in the process. Force/Strength - Demonstrates a natural snap through the hips and can simply overwhelm his man with the generated force/power he's' able to create into contact. With ease fights his way through contact. Is a bear to move inside, showcases "plus" natural power, can sit low into contact and with ease hold the point of attack. Poe can power through double teams at times. He's strong enough in his upper body to grab hold of backs and bring them down with one arm. Leverage - Showcases the ability to keep his pad level down through contact when trying to knife his way into the backfield vs. the run game. Demonstrates the power and flexibility to gain leverage and consistently push the pocket inside at the next level.

Weaknesses: Extend Arms Needs to learn to extend his arms consistently at the point and use his hands better. Too often gets caught playing short armed into contact. Is forced to get upright through contact when trying to shed because he doesn't gain leverage and extend his arms well initially into the play. Finding The Football - Needs to do a better job finding the football. Doesn't consistently decipher information quickly and put himself around the action. Hasn't ever been real productive because of his lacking technique and ability to consistently find the football. Is a boom or bust kind of player.

Overall: Has a rare physical skill set due to his combination of flexibility, power and get off burst. However, he's still learning the nuances of the position. If he's willing to put in the time, Poe can mature into one of the leagues better interior presences. NFL scouts are going to want to see him develop more pass rush moves to split double teams and attack different gaps.

Grade: A / 4.0

We believe Dontari Poe takes what was already one of the league's best defenses and elevates it to an elite status. Although he is not what is traditionally spoken of as Wade Phillips' ideal one-gap nose tackle, we believe that any doubts about Poe's ability to move and explode upfield were answered by his monumental performance at the combine. Settled between J.J. Watt and Antonio Smith, Dontari Poe allows us to free up both Brian Cushing and DeMeco Ryans, collapse the pocket from the middle (something neither Shaun Cody nor Earl Mitchell proved able to do), and plug up our middle run defense, a quiet hiccup in our defense last year.

Welcome to Houston, Dontari. Welcome to the Bulls on Parade.

Cap Hit: $2,876,000.00
Cap Space: $5,720,000.00

February 8, 2012: We are fielding many offers on Mario Williams, but have established our trade block!

Trade Block
TE Owen Daniels - 2nd
QB T.J. Yates - 3rd
WR Jacoby Jones - 4th
WR Kevin Walter - 5th
OT Rashad Butler - 5th

February 1, 2012: I have been selected as General Manager of the Houston Texans for FFMD 12 (I'll hang up the decorations later). Having played this role once before in 2009 and watched how past FFMDs have unfolded, I have come up with a lot of ideas as to how to run the game effectively and to make it fun for all members of the staff. I think we have a chance to change the game here.

What I am going to spell out below will mean a lot of work for everyone involved, so I am asking that you apply for a position only if you're willing to commit to what I want from it. I do not say that to be mean or overbearing, but rather that I think we can really dominate this year's FFMD if we can abide by these guidelines. A thorough hierarchy and clearly defined roles for each position mean there will be clearer communication, equal opportunity for participation, and a guarantee that those who are involved are heard; the reason for these changes is to make sure no one's opinion is marginalized. I want your help, I want you to have fun, and I want to win.

Set out below are the roles I am hiring for. Read the descriptions carefully before you apply. Only apply for a position in which you are truly interested. I am open to suggestions on how to improve roles and acknowledge that there may be some gaps in jurisdiction. Bring these to the fore. If you think I am failing in a certain area or that another position should be filled, let me know! Again, I want everyone to have fun, but I also really need people to commit to playing the game.

Note: Pay special attention to what I expect from scouts before you put your name in for that positions. Scouting is going to be extremely important.

Staff Positions
Assistant General Manager - amazingandre

Head Coach - Pastor Dillon

Offensive Coordinator - Texansfan713

Defensive Coordinator - texansfan

Director of College Scouting - texandominance

Capologist & President of Player Personnel - jch1911

Director of Media Relations - Vacant - Your job is to synopsize our transactions and provide them to the game writers as press releases. Your opinion is allowed. I must approve of the release. You must be a good writer who employs proper grammar.

Scouts

heasoscrewed (Big East, Division 2, Division 3)
    Jacobys Homey and Dangerous59 (Big XII)
    SoutheastTexan (SEC and Conference USA)

Evaluations of Free Agents and College Players should be formatted as follows:

Name - Position - Year/Class OR NFL Experience - Team (Either college or previous NFL team)
    Measurements (Height, Weight, and Projected .40 if a college player)
    2011 Statistics
    Career Statistics
    Strengths
    Weaknesses
    Grade: Imagine these scores like your old high school GPA. I've outlined what each "full letter" grade would mean in your evaluation process. There can be fluidity in between full marks. i.e.; Giving a player a 3.5 would mean that he would immediately start, but might not be a star player or might just take time grow into a star role. Use your grades in conjunction with your descriptions

4 (A): Star Starter: Would immediately replace the person at his position on the roster and excel.
      3 (B): Potential Starter: Would challenge to start or at the very least serve as a rotational guy.
      2 (C): Rotational Depth: Could rotate in and produce with limited action.
      1 (D): Depth: Would not start, should not be counted on as a rotational player. Would displace a depth player he would be replacing.
      0 (F): No fit: Either doesn't fit our scheme or is not worth picking up.

Notes:

I will update this post in the War Room FREQUENTLY. If you find any information missing here along the way, notify me.

Last edited by kenney on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 am; edited 43 times in total
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a lot of time, so if no one else wants AGM I will take it.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck this year guys!

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to be the head coach
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Do you wanna be AGM? I could do either
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Do you wanna be AGM? I could do either

I dont mind being the head coach...not really much difference in any of the positions really
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to have all the non-scout positions filled by Saturday. I'll accept scouts at any time throughout FFMD up to the draft, though.

amazingandre, welcome aboard! You are now the Houston Texans Assistant General Manager!

Pastor Dillon, welcome aboard! You are now the Houston Texans Head Coach.

Because I don't know if we'll have access to graphics, please display your position in your signature using the code below:

Code:
[b][size=24][color=darkblue]Houston[/color] [color=red]Texans[/color] YOUR POSITION HERE[/size][/b]

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the first things we need to talk about(after filling the staff) are going to be resigning Arian Foster and Chris Myers and what to do with Mario Williams
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be either the Offensive Coordinator or WR Scout. Doesn't make a difference to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I would like to be either the Offensive Coordinator or WR Scout. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Laughing Just be the OC
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they posted an accurate list of our free agents? I can't seem to find it....I would like to know who is under contract and who our free agents are. I mean I could go find it, but they have to know since they posted our cap situation.
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

Congratulations, you are now the Offensive Coordinator! Laughing
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Laughing Just be the OC

Not that easy. I'm really good at scouting WR's, but at the same time, I want to contribute all that I can, and offense is my specialty. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dates and Deadlines
Quote:
--Monday, February 6th--
Staff positions will be finalized within each team war rooms. Obviously you can add any interested members after this deadline as a scout, since an unlimited number is allowed. The position titles will transition into what is listed below. Obviously you will have the ability to customize your staff into any positions you would like. Please use our staff positions as a guide. For those who complete their staff early you may use this time to prepare for the upcoming periods within FFMD-12. Please remember that even if you do not have an official title within the staff created you may still offer your input and opinion to the event within your war room. We encourage anyone to contribute in whichever capacity you would like. It is highly recommended that you use this extra time for preparation. Staying organized is critical to a successful FFMD.

--Monday, February 6th--
Rosters and Salary Information will be finalized. Free Agency rules will be posted in a different thread. The cap will also be posted along with each teams cap space.

--Tuesday, February 7th--
Franchise tag/Transition tag/Release period begins from 8am to 10pm. All teams interested in placing the franchise tag/transition tag on an upcoming UFA must be placed within this deadline. Figures will outlined in the transactions thread. The cap saving formula for releasing a player will be posted in the upcoming days. The ground rules for the UFA period will be announced in great detail at a later date.

kenney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online Resources

Here is a brief list of resources for examining draft-eligible players. If you know of other sites, please contribute and I'll list them in the OP!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: