Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MMA XX (UFC on Fuel: Ellenberger outlasts Sanchez in war)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Oh damn...

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/06/25/anderson-silva-goes-off-on-sonnen-says-he-will-break-the-face-and-knockout-the-teeth-of-the-criminal-ufc-news-30172.html

Shocked

I saw part of this quote on the UFC's facebook feed, but it looked like it was a fan interpretation of what Silva was saying (it was put on a comic strip or something) and I thought it was absurd. This full quote is way more brutal; it's shocking. This is going to be a freakin epic fight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Oh damn...

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/06/25/anderson-silva-goes-off-on-sonnen-says-he-will-break-the-face-and-knockout-the-teeth-of-the-criminal-ufc-news-30172.html

Shocked

I saw part of this quote on the UFC's facebook feed, but it looked like it was a fan interpretation of what Silva was saying (it was put on a comic strip or something) and I thought it was absurd. This full quote is way more brutal; it's shocking. This is going to be a freakin epic fight.
Anderson is so reserved that I never thought he'd respond to Sonnen's tactics. IMO, he's going to come to finish and he's going to do just that. I think it'll be similar to the Dan Henderson fight.

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Silva's contract has PPV revenue sharing (likely), I hope he realizes that Sonnen works for him and makes him more money.

This response isn't genuine at all IMO, this is just Anderson promoting the fight on his end. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Sonnen is a troll, as entertaining as he may be. There's no legitimate animosity here. This event will be huge, and even bigger if something is pulled at the weigh-ins, which after these comments people will be dying to see.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it's gonna matter if Chael is prepared or not, Anderson is going to whoop his... and it's going to be epic.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
This full quote is way more brutal; it's shocking. This is going to be a freakin epic fight.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8095007/ufc-148-anderson-silva-vows-break-chael-sonnen-arms-legs-teeth

Quote:
"What I'm going to do inside the Octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport," Silva said. "I'm going to make sure every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broken, his legs are broken. He's not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that."

Sonnen isn't scared, not in the least:

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8099793/chael-sonnen-brushes-anderson-silva-threats

Quote:
"He says he's going to knock out my teeth and break my jaw and break my head and all this," Sonnen said. "He acts like I've never been to the orthodontist. I've fought 49 men, all professionals. He acts like I've never had a jaw set before. He acts like I've never had my head stapled shut in an emergency room before. Who gives a damn? He can do all those things." he added. "But one thing he didn't say is that he's going to beat me. One thing he didn't say he'd break is my will. One thing he didn't say he'd do is win this fight. We'll be in the middle of a cage stupid; I'd expect you to do those things."

This fight is going to be downright brutal. These two are looking to cripple one another...

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
If Silva's contract has PPV revenue sharing (likely), I hope he realizes that Sonnen works for him and makes him more money.

In regards to this - Silva's name alone brings in a max amount of buys. As you can see through the thread, I'm a casual observer of the sport for the most part. Not one to buy a PPV. Yet, when Silva fights, I do make it a point to check it out...not buying it, but heading to BW 3 or Hooters or something. Same thing was the plan prior to the comments by both fighters. Even in the wake of these comments, I'm STILL not going to buy it.

That's the thing with this kind of stuff - comments like this don't necessarily get the casual fan to spend money on it. The die hard probably had this date circled on their calendar the minute Sonnen earned the rights to a rematch; The last fight ensured that people would be watching the rematch.

So, I really can't see where these comments would enhance PPV buys. It WILL enhance views, but views in of itself don't lend itself to a revenue sharing opportunity.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

In regards to this - Silva's name alone brings in a max amount of buys. As you can see through the thread, I'm a casual observer of the sport for the most part. Not one to buy a PPV. Yet, when Silva fights, I do make it a point to check it out...not buying it, but heading to BW 3 or Hooters or something. Same thing was the plan prior to the comments by both fighters. Even in the wake of these comments, I'm STILL not going to buy it.

That's the thing with this kind of stuff - comments like this don't necessarily get the casual fan to spend money on it. The die hard probably had this date circled on their calendar the minute Sonnen earned the rights to a rematch; The last fight ensured that people would be watching the rematch.

So, I really can't see where these comments would enhance PPV buys. It WILL enhance views, but views in of itself don't lend itself to a revenue sharing opportunity.

Traditionally, fights between two "bitter rivals" have generated more sales than fights between two "respected competitors." Personally I'd rather see the former, but not if it's a pseudo-hatred. If they are faking it, what's the point?

That said, I think Anderson is upset with Chael up to a point, but we've seen in the past Anderson will play the part a bit in his own right. It'll be interesting to see where this ranks in sales with other PPV title fights this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

Yeah, lots of people will go somewhere to watch, but a lot also might get together with friends and order it if they're more casual fans and people who normally go out might want to make an event out of it and invite people over to watch kmowing casual fans woulf be more willing to watch this one. It won't lead to everyone buying it, but it'll have a huge buyrate.
Dus10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
Rashad's boxing >>> Koscheck's. Kos basically just sits on his overhand right at this point, and is completely flustered by even the lightest of jabs. It's sad. It's like he wants to be Hendo, but doesn't have the timing, accuracy, and even less variety.

Pretty obvious striking is the key to MMA at this point. Just look at the champs.

I agree with this.

Rashad's hands are actually pretty damn quick compared to the rest of that division. The thing that hurts him with his stand-up is that his reach is pretty poor for today's climate at LHW.

I think he's easily a more talented boxer than Kos, though. I highly doubt we'll ever see Rashad get dissected on his feet like we saw GSP do to Josh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

Traditionally, fights between two "bitter rivals" have generated more sales than fights between two "respected competitors." Personally I'd rather see the former, but not if it's a pseudo-hatred. If they are faking it, what's the point?

That said, I think Anderson is upset with Chael up to a point, but we've seen in the past Anderson will play the part a bit in his own right. It'll be interesting to see where this ranks in sales with other PPV title fights this year.

Yup, the UFC knows this kinda stuff sells. That's why they tried to do the fake Rampage and Rashad beef. Chuck vs Tito was the UFC biggest fight (at least up to that point), much of it because of a LEGIT dispute between the two and a very long build up.

ET, you haven't posted in these MMA threads until you saw Silva's comments, so I think that shows that to the casuals this is more than an ordinary main event fight.

Last edited by Mossburg on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mossburg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Packman Luke wrote:
Rashad's boxing >>> Koscheck's. Kos basically just sits on his overhand right at this point, and is completely flustered by even the lightest of jabs. It's sad. It's like he wants to be Hendo, but doesn't have the timing, accuracy, and even less variety.

Pretty obvious striking is the key to MMA at this point. Just look at the champs.

I agree with this.

Rashad's hands are actually pretty damn quick compared to the rest of that division. The thing that hurts him with his stand-up is that his reach is pretty poor for today's climate at LHW.

I think he's easily a more talented boxer than Kos, though. I highly doubt we'll ever see Rashad get dissected on his feet like we saw GSP do to Josh.

That's probably because if there's someone who can do that, Rashad will take him down. Jones didn't "dissect" him, but his skills are still minimal as a striker (at least his hands). The last 2 dudes that he couldn't take down, 1 knocked him out, the other shut him down and outpointed him. There were other guys like Phil Davis, but he has no stand up game what so ever.

Rashad is still sloppy as hell. I think his footwork is the only thing I'd call above average. What separates him from Kos is he's always extremely well prepared and probably one of the more intelligent guys in the sports, on the feet or on the ground.

bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it July 7th yet?

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Kaloo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Is it July 7th yet?

Right? Haven't been this amped for a fight in awhile.
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take this in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh_eO2QoeCM&feature=g-u-u

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgoblue44 wrote:
Take this in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh_eO2QoeCM&feature=g-u-u

Came here to post this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: