Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Switch to 4-3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Bills Switch to 4-3 Reply with quote

Quote:

Gailey: We'll work out of the 4-man front defensively. But you'll see most teams in the league now use even & odd fronts.

Quote:
Gailey says Kelvin Sheppard will man the middle in the 4-3 defense.

http://twitter.com/buffalobills

So Sheppard will be the MLB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense ... I bet we still use a variation of the 3-4 in some situations. But I like the move back to the 4-3. Williams and Dareus in the middle looks very nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelsay always did better in 4-3
cut Merriman, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson cuz they were all 3-4 guys
spend money on Mario Williams and you are set

M Williams, K Williams, Dareus, Kelsay
Barnett WLB, Sheppard ILB, ? SLB

Alex Carrington and Troup backups at DT/DE
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mak wrote:

We actually signed Spencer Johnson has a 4-3 UT to backup Stroud. He came from the Vikings when he backed up both of the Williams in the 4-3. Add in Luke Kuechly to the SLB and that would be a heck of a front 7.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either they really are going back to the 4-3 or they are blowing smoke. I think they are dumb for being to open about stuff. Keep other teams guessing when it comes to FA and Draft. As for Kuelchy no thank you. That would be a huge reach at #10. Upshaw would still be a beast at Strong side LB. I think if coples is available at 10 you have to take him. I also think its a joke to still mess with this defensive scheme your just slowing the growing process of a team.

Thanks Max
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Either they really are going back to the 4-3 or they are blowing smoke. I think they are dumb for being to open about stuff. Keep other teams guessing when it comes to FA and Draft. As for Kuelchy no thank you. That would be a huge reach at #10. Upshaw would still be a beast at Strong side LB. I think if coples is available at 10 you have to take him. I also think its a joke to still mess with this defensive scheme your just slowing the growing process of a team.

I don't see Upshaw as a 4-3 OLB in any capacity. His best position would OLB be in the 3-4, but I could also see him as a decent 4-3 DE.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
CLoSkills69

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have assumed Barnett would have been MLB and Sheppard would have been the OLB. What is the deciding factor here? Speed, size/weight poportions, combination of both? I felt like Sheppard offered a bit more as a blitzer. Although Sheppard does have a little more girth which Poz had so that makes sense to put him there, a little more durable, run stuffer.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

I don't see Upshaw as a 4-3 OLB in any capacity. His best position would OLB be in the 3-4, but I could also see him as a decent 4-3 DE.

Gotta agree. He's too big & slow to cover that much space as a 4-3 OLB. He'll probably be a stud at 3-4 OLB though. After the Senior Bowl, where he faced solid competition, I question whether we can bank on him running around many OT's if he's lined up as a DE in the 4-3. I still have a lot of faith in him stopping the run though.

My thought is that if Coples is available at 10, we take him, otherwise I'm leaning to trying to trade down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mak wrote:

If you belief that we willland Mario, why not go a step farther and draft Coples as the RDE. I guess its all possible but it always seems like when we need a guy they get taken right in front of us.

Second round could be zach brown who might be as fast as a cb playing lb.

The move to 4-3 does seem like the right move by the way, build around the 2 DTs
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we land Mario (long shot but...) i would not mind drafting Kuechly. it would be no more of a reach than drafting Upshaw IMO. even if we don't get Mario i think Kueckly would still be a good option at 10. then we could take Curry in the second.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
mak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if we dont land Mario i like idea of a 4-3
Dareus and K Williams are really our only 2 "studs" in the front 7
and i see them paired much better as 2 4-3 DTs then 1 at DE and other at NT in a 3-4
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bills go 4-3 and stick with it why not go after Mathias and williams draft some other position and be set with the front 4 for another 4-5 years. Cut the guys I was talking about and throw that money and any other extra money we have the defense should have no problem getting to the qb if you throw those guys in there

Thanks Max
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLoSkills69 wrote:
I would have assumed Barnett would have been MLB and Sheppard would have been the OLB. What is the deciding factor here? Speed, size/weight poportions, combination of both? I felt like Sheppard offered a bit more as a blitzer. Although Sheppard does have a little more girth which Poz had so that makes sense to put him there, a little more durable, run stuffer.

I think Sheppard's size was a pretty big factor in keeping him at MLB. Moving Barnett to the weak side allows him to use his speed and athleticism to chase down ball carriers. I think it could put him in line for a big season actually. It will be interesting to see what they do on the strong side. It's gotta be someone with size to take on tight ends and tackles, but also speed to keep up with tight ends and running backs. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after a veteran guy here. There's so much youth on this defense already.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about rehashing, but I've been away for a while. I've been dreaming this, and now fruition, but Dareus/Williams in a 4/3 is boss. Both will command double teams and will be nightmares to match up against.

Now excuse the Homer in me, but am I the only one salivating at a pipe dream of us signing Mario Williams.?? We have the cap space, so PLEASE, PLEASE pay Mario, because there is not a DLine that trumps Mario/Dareus/Williams/Kelsay with Carrington/Troup rotating.

Mario/Dareus/Kyle all command double teams IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: