Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 NFL Draft Top 5 QB's-Seattle Forum Perspective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meeker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain the hype around Osweiler? Theres only 2 games of his on youtube (USC and BSU) and about the only positive I saw was that he is fairly athletic for his height...looks like a major project. Plays in the shotgun, which a lot of college QBs do, but I imagine its much more difficult for a 6'8" to get used to taking snaps from under center. Bad accuracy, He didn't lead his receivers at all, they often had to literally come to a complete stop and those that didn't had to reach behind themselves to grab the ball. There were 2 fade routes in the endzone, he put zero elevation on either...just threw it directly at his receiver. One was intercepted and returned 100+ yards for a TD...the other would have been knocked away had the defender turned his head a half second sooner.

I wouldn't touch this guy until the later rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN's Todd McShay believes Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden's biggest problem in terms of his 2012 draft stock will not necessarily be age, but the fact that Weeden is a "second-round talent."
Appearing on Wednesday's First Draft podcast with Mel Kiper, McShay explained that Weeden struggled with "inconsistency and forced throws into coverage," along with a tendency to "lock onto his first read" too often at Oklahoma State. Per McShay, Weeden has "lots of habits to break. ... He's in that early- to mid-second round range, regardless of age."

"We all we got, we all we need"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then add in his multiple shoulder surgeries AND age, and you have yourself a 4th rounder.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Can someone explain the hype around Osweiler? Theres only 2 games of his on youtube (USC and BSU) and about the only positive I saw was that he is fairly athletic for his height...looks like a major project. Plays in the shotgun, which a lot of college QBs do, but I imagine its much more difficult for a 6'8" to get used to taking snaps from under center. Bad accuracy, He didn't lead his receivers at all, they often had to literally come to a complete stop and those that didn't had to reach behind themselves to grab the ball. There were 2 fade routes in the endzone, he put zero elevation on either...just threw it directly at his receiver. One was intercepted and returned 100+ yards for a TD...the other would have been knocked away had the defender turned his head a half second sooner.

I wouldn't touch this guy until the later rounds.

He’s very jekyll and hide. Watch his tape vs. Utah (?) and he looks like a top 15 talent. Then vs. Boiste State, he looks terrible. I wouldn’t be to mad if we took him in the 2nd round.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody was expecting to come out, he wasn't ready and was underwhelming in the pac 12 last year.

He is a poor man's ryan mallet, wouldn't touch him before the 4th or 5th round....and if he doesn't fall that far, i'm not disappointed

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
nobody was expecting to come out, he wasn't ready and was underwhelming in the pac 12 last year.

He is a poor man's ryan mallet, wouldn't touch him before the 4th or 5th round....and if he doesn't fall that far, i'm not disappointed

Agree 110%.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched his (osweiller) 2011 game vs USC and I was very impressed with what I saw. However, I will say that the amount of short and intermediate routes were staggering. He didn't throw the ball past 20 yards one time the whole game. I'm not sure if that is because it was a function of the AZST offense or if it was something else.

He throws a very accurate out and slant which is a huge part of the NFL.

I don't like that they run this fake run, flats pass about 80% of the time but oh well.

I think he's got some promise as long as he can prove to throw a deep ball at the combine.

btw I'm not sure if myles is draft eligible but he was fantastic.

CamanoIslandJQ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: my top 5 QB's Reply with quote

Top 5 QB's (that the Seahawks have a chance to draft, so I've excluded Mr. Luck, hope that doesn't skew the numbers too much).

1. RG-III, trade up would be fairly expensive so PC/JS would have to really, really love him. IF SO, I'm on board with it in spades.

2. Ryan Tannehill, (IMO -IF possible- trade down from 12 into the 20's to get Tannehill and pick up a high to mid round pick in the process.)
See: http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/02/09/managing-the-pocket-part-i-texas-am-qb-ryan-tannehill/ for interesting info. on Tannehill.

3. Kirk Cousins (round 2/pick #43=????) Why not draft a backup QB this year and a QBOTF next year? I think this kid is an excellent developmental prospect with potential to start one day, but he's probably a high end backup in the long run, but you never know, he could develop into something special.

4. Osweiler (round 3-????) 1-2-year developmental construction project. If he can be coached up and get enough competitive reps. he could be a really good QB that could start in a couple of years.

5. Darron Thomas (round 6/7) 1-2-year developmental construction project. If the Seahawks draft more than one QB this year, I'd prefer this guy as the second (or either of the listed UDFA's).

UDFA's: C. Harnish -or- A. Davis.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have sworn I already posted my rankings, but I guess I havent. Here they are:

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Tannehill
4. Osweiler
5. Weeden
6. Moore
7. Cousins
8. Coleman
9. Lindley
10. Wilson

Honarable Mentions:
Austin Davis, Chandler Harnish, Case Keenum
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kellen Moore as a late rounder or free agent signing. I think he will make a quality back up in this league. Whatever he doesn't have in arm strength, he makes up for with pocket poise, anticipation, IQ, and he's a winner.

chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I like Kellen Moore as a late rounder or free agent signing. I think he will make a quality back up in this league. Whatever he doesn't have in arm strength, he makes up for with pocket poise, anticipation, IQ, and he's a winner.

I completely agree. Thats why I have him ranked #6 ahead of some big-name prospects, such as Cousins.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

I completely agree. Thats why I have him ranked #6 ahead of some big-name prospects, such as Cousins.

I'll be surprised if he gets drafted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: