Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Muhsin Muhammad & MIKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redwing5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Muhsin Muhammad & MIKE Reply with quote

What do you guys think of those two as a tandem. I like it, what do you guys think?

and, I have heard that inside sources say that angelo's top 3 offensive players are as follows (in ABC order)
RB R. Brown
TE H. Miller
WR M. Williams

Who do you think they will draft?
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At #4 it better not be Miller. Only Brown or Williams is worth #4. If 1,2,3 in the draft is Williams, Brown, Edwards (huge if) take the best player available: Derrick Johnson.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
redwing5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. He would trade down and get a 2nd or 3rd and then take Miller in that case.
Namy5280

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bringbackditka wrote:
At #4 it better not be Miller. Only Brown or Williams is worth #4. If 1,2,3 in the draft is Williams, Brown, Edwards (huge if) take the best player available: Derrick Johnson.

you guys would pass up on Cedric Benson?
delakev

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pass up on Benson in a heart beat. I think he was overworked in college. I think he might rush for the most yards this year (Going to a team that needs a workhorse back like Miami, Arizona, or the Skins), but I don't think the numbers will continue for long. I would seriously give anythign for Mike Williams. Having both Williams and Mushin, we have two large blocking WR, and a well-oiled red zone machine. I can't really see the justification in choosing Miller over Williams. They have similar size, Williams has the best hands in the draft, Williams is faster, and in some sets can be lined up at the TE position.

Thanks so much Scar!!
redwing5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK As I stated before it would only be Miller if Angelo traded down to like 12 or so. NOT at #4.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, Namy. I'm sure he'd be good. But based on the 4.32 40 that R.Brown put up, I'd almost gear my draft around him. No matter who the best is at #4, that's who I want the Bears to take. And I think they should, as long as they can get 1 or 2 more free agents on the O-Line. We need a Guard for sure, because Tucker may not last for 3 consecutive gaems for the rest of his career and R.Brown only has another year or so left. We could use a tackle, but we already have 2 guys fighting for the job. I guess Q Mitchell could play guard, so sign a solid, fairly young OL and let the Draft cards fall as they may.
redwing5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the plan and if I'm Angelo that is exactly what I would do. With about 7 mil in cap room left (counting 6 mil for the draft) the bears can potentially sign a QB, decent OT, and a decent OLB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: