Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign the CFL's Nigerian Nightmare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vd: Hi Solomon, I'm just checking in with you. What have you been up to, if I may ask?

Solomon Elimimian: "I've been doing great, excited about the upcoming season. I've been grinding hard with my trainer here in Los Angeles."

vd: Have you met any Viking players yet?

Solomon Elimimian: "I have not met up with any players from the Vikings yet."

vd: How do you see the Vikings' linebacking corp presently?

Solomon Elimimian: "Things are interesting right now at linebacker, I definitly think the lb corp is talented. It's still early to tell as there are lb still not signed back, but overall they are talented with Greenway leading that group."

vd: What do you think of their free agency participation so far?

Solomon Elimimian: "Well some would say they haven't participated as much as other teams, but i guess that they are going to build through the draft to put themselves in a good position for years to come. I did see that they signed John Carlson which should be a good pick up. But its still very early in free agency."

vd: Are there any players out there you wish the Vikings would sign?

Solomon Elimimian: "I'm not too familiar with the free-agent process, and not really sure what the brass are discussing. I'm sure that they have targeted certain players to complement their team. It should be interesting to see how the process turns out."

"I'm definitely excited about this opportunity and cant wait to contribute to the team."

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the dialogue you are having with him is awesome vd.

I had forgotten about him in all this free-agency/draft furor. He's another weapon in the armory.
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see this young man in action!! I hope that he is a diamond in the rough and will be a force on defense for the Vikings!! Keep up the good work VD!
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
I can't wait to see this young man in action!! I hope that he is a diamond in the rough and will be a force on defense for the Vikings!! Keep up the good work VD!

Hell, I just hope he can become a ST beast. That's all I expect from him...any help he can provide at LB would just be a plus.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vd: it's getting closer and closer to the real thing, isn't it? Excited? Do you report to Minny right after the Draft?

Solomon Elimimian: "Been busy getting ready for MINN off-season workout starting on Monday. I'm definitely excited to get in with my teammates and get this work in!"

vd: what have you been doing? If you've been working with youth and mentoring in LA, I'd love to hear about that and report it back to our fanbase. They really respect your ethics.

Solomon Elimimian: "Ive been in Los Angeles constantly training and also hanging with my family. I found some time to go to my high school (Crenshaw High) and work out with some of the kids there while also working Christian fellowship. Overall its been a great off-season thus far.

vd: any college linebackers available in the Draft do you see that you'd love to play with?

Solomon Elimimian: "I haven't been able to follow the college games due to the fact I was in Canada playing football during the college season. Im sure that there are some good ones out there as linebackers are becoming more athletic every year!"

"Thanks for keeping up with me! I hope all is going well for you and all Viking fans."

Webmaster wrote:
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks as always, VD.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings signed LB Soloman Elimimian at the end of January to a future free agent contract, and now theyíre getting to see the former CFL standout on the field in Minnesota for the first time. Iím guessing they like what they see so far. Elimimian plays with great energy, always seems to be around the ball and is clearly athletic enough to compete at the NFL level. He might be undersized, but that might also not matter. Now, itís one thing to standout in rookie minicamp and itís an entirely different matter to standout when the veterans arrive. But so far, so good for Elimimian.

http://blog.vikings.com/2012/05/05/ellison-continues-strong-showing-at-vikings-rookie-minicamp/

Webmaster wrote:
Swaps

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a speedy guy, right?

Any chance he can take a shot at safety if is isn't going to start at MLB?
he could be a real thumper to negate the recent receiving TE trend that is sweeping the NFL.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swaps wrote:
He's a speedy guy, right?

Any chance he can take a shot at safety if is isn't going to start at MLB?
he could be a real thumper to negate the recent receiving TE trend that is sweeping the NFL.

from an earlier interview this year:

Looking at your highlight videos, you seem to blitz and move up in run support frequently, but what are your pass coverage skills like?

Solomon Elimimian: "The great thing about playing in the CFL is that itís a passing league so playing there you see many different passing route combinations. So overall your passing game recognition improves. I believe playing in the CFL, a league where you see spread offenses so much, has helped my passing game. Overall my passing game is very good. It just comes from being aware and being fundamentally sound. When you play zone you must understand where your landmarks are and also understand where your teammates are, while understanding where the QB is looking and then breaking fast on the ball. When it all comes together you will be successful in an interception or a pass breakup."

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Pagac: "So, Solomon, just how tall are you?"

Elimimian: 'I'm 5-foot-11 and a half. And make sure you remember that half. I can say I've knocked some people out before. But, you know what, that's part of the game. There are a lot of undersized linebackers that make it in the NFL. For a long time, every one of the Colts' linebackers were undersized. Gary Brackett, Cato June. Clint Session. The main thing is being physical. Just because you're undersized doesn't mean you can't be physical. Being physical is who I am."

Emmanuel Arceneaux: "I played with Solly up there in 2010. Toronto had a running back, Cory Boyd, from South Carolina. Solly hit him one time and Cory was asleep by the time he hit the ground."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/151213135.html

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in other CFL to NFL news...

The Dolphins knew running back Jerome Messam was a long shot to crack their 53-man roster when they signed him away from the Canadian Football League on February 15.

Messamís road to the NFL just got a little bit tougher, as he will undergo knee surgery on Tuesday. Messam also revealed that the operation will be his second on the knee over a five-month span.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/14/dolphins-cfl-project-messam-to-have-knee-surgery/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elimimian at the Univ of Hawaii vs Univ of Florida.

hey! who dat at QB...?

Webmaster wrote:
Freakout

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize he was so small.

5'11 230 lbs is Sean Spence size.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interception was a big step for Elimimian because he had to sit back in coverage, stay in his gap and read the quarterback.

Elimimian: "Terminology is so big, knowing what teammates are thinking, knowing the formations in order to play fast. It's been steady. I've been getting better. Hopefully, the coaches see something in me and I'll be here (on opening day)."

To do that, Elimimian must unseat a player ahead of him. Special-teams dynamo Larry Dean, free-agent signee Marvin Mitchell and former practice squad member Tyrone McKenzie comprise the second-team linebacker group. Seventh-round pick Audie Cole, who recorded a sack in the second half Friday, and hybrid defensive end/ linebacker Everson Griffen also are running with the third team.

The Vikings won't carry more than six linebackers on the 53-man roster.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_21292557/minnesota-vikings-canadian-import-solomon-elimimian-enjoys-putting

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i asked Elimimian's agent why he wasn't dressed for the game last night, and his reply was...

"Beat up from camp. Not serious. He should still have a great shot to make the team."

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: