Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD12 - Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BEARS24


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 5036
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: FFMD12 - Discussion Thread Reply with quote

This is for general chitchat during the FFMD12 process
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17969
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be fun. Plenty of cap to make some good acquisitions.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1700
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing how this works. Joined the forum in March last year and this was already in full swing, I'd missed a lot of it and didn't really know what was happening! It's a great idea and looks really well organised, we'll be the best team in the NFL when we're finished with this Very Happy
_________________
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Derr1ck Rose


Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Posts: 248
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone give me a detailed version of how this works? I would love to participate.
_________________

RGIII is gonna be break records good. Just watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BEARS24


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 5036
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derr1ck Rose wrote:
can someone give me a detailed version of how this works? I would love to participate.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=477708&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That's the link to the GM sign ups. It should have all the info you need...

Feel free to apply, the organizers pick the best suited candidate so it could be you Very Happy...

But if he doesn't mind too much GOGRIESE is a seasoned vet and should be able to answer your questions if he has the time...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17969
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
Derr1ck Rose wrote:
can someone give me a detailed version of how this works? I would love to participate.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=477708&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That's the link to the GM sign ups. It should have all the info you need...

Feel free to apply, the organizers pick the best suited candidate so it could be you Very Happy...

But if he doesn't mind too much GOGRIESE is a seasoned vet and should be able to answer your questions if he has the time...


A short answer instead of that long read is were doing a mock offseason. Anyone can participate. Bears24 will be in charge(GM). Then whoever he has as his AGM. Then from coaches(HC,OC,DC) to scouts(Head scout plus normal scouts).

We will be going though the Franchise/Transition tag period, Free Agency and finally the draft.

We are all allowed to voice our concerns about a trade ect. So no one is left out.

If you have any more questions let me know Very Happy
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Derr1ck Rose


Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Posts: 248
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a real busy scheudle but I get on ff atleast once a day, I'm down
_________________

RGIII is gonna be break records good. Just watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17969
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derr1ck Rose wrote:
i have a real busy scheudle but I get on ff atleast once a day, I'm down


I suggest starting out as a scout and work up as the years go. The key to this game is time. You have to be on this website alot.Obviously the higher up positions need the members to dedicate more time on here.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BEARS24


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 5036
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApLM6OkdirHYdFhuYTRaTmNESlJ2QXFUNzY3UWtpYnc#gid=5
Theres a list to the rosters...

After a quick scan I can't see anything wrong with it, but second opinions cant' hurt...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17969
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApLM6OkdirHYdFhuYTRaTmNESlJ2QXFUNzY3UWtpYnc#gid=5
Theres a list to the rosters...

After a quick scan I can't see anything wrong with it, but second opinions cant' hurt...


I looked through it at 2 in the morning and it looked fine. But Ill look through it again just to be sure.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9594
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel that we need to look at adding a DYNAMIC pass catching TE in the draft perhaps in rds 2-3.

This draft needs to be about 2 things,

1. Finding weapons for Jay Cutler.

2. Adding youth and depth to the defense.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1700
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I really feel that we need to look at adding a DYNAMIC pass catching TE in the draft perhaps in rds 2-3.

This draft needs to be about 2 things,

1. Finding weapons for Jay Cutler.

2. Adding youth and depth to the defense
.

Definitely agree with this, I also think finding a new LT at some point would be hugely beneficial.

For a TE, I'd rather focus on other positions in the first 3 rounds as I think Kellen Davis may have more to offer next year if Tice actually wants to use him unlike Martz. There are some decent TEs out there in free agency though e.g.
- Jermichael Finley
- Fred Davis
- John Carlson
- Scott Chandler
- Jacob Tamme
_________________
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1


Last edited by RidiculousJames on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1960
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys, just droping by to say hi and that I am the NFC Trade Liaison for the Chiefs. I am willing to listen to any trade proposal for any player or pick. If you have any question on trades just PM me.
_________________

ryknowssd on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 16383
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First glance at FFMD sigs:


_________________
bkobow05 wrote:
my pee tastes pretty good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BEARS24


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 5036
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I really feel that we need to look at adding a DYNAMIC pass catching TE in the draft perhaps in rds 2-3.

This draft needs to be about 2 things,

1. Finding weapons for Jay Cutler.

2. Adding youth and depth to the defense
.

Definitely agree with this, I also think finding a new LT at some point would be hugely beneficial.

For a TE, I'd rather focus on other positions in the first 3 rounds as I think Kellen Davis may have more to offer next year if Tice actually wants to use him unlike Martz. There are some decent TEs out there in free agency though e.g.
- Jermichael Finley
- Fred Davis
- John Carlson
- Scott Chandler
- Jacob Tamme

If we go for a dynamic pass catcher in FA then I would want to look at Finley first, but there are more pressing needs on the roster where money could be better spent. Even if it is a cheaper option, my fave of those being Carlson, we could look to the draft for a TE and then resign Davis.

I'm one of the believers in him, and think we will expect too much of him for him to truly succeed in our eyes, but I do think he deserves a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group