Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*2012 FFMD War Room* LOCK IT UP
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: *2012 FFMD War Room* LOCK IT UP Reply with quote

Quote:
There will also be a new schedule:

Feb 13, 11 PM - Re-signing of own UFAs ends (contract restructuring still allowed)
Feb 13, 8 AM - Franchising period starts
Feb 13, 10 PM - Franchise period ends
Feb 14, 10 PM - ERFA/RFA tenders made
Feb 15, 11PM - Franchise/Transition/ERFA/RFA offers made
Feb 15 - Talent Agency FA opens
Feb 16, 10PM - Deadline for matching Franchise/Transition offers made
Feb 16, 10PM - Talent Agency FA pitches submission deadline
Feb 17 - Deadline for matching RFA offers
Feb 18 - Talent Agency FA decision deadline
Feb 19 - General UFA ("the shark pool") begins
Feb 23 - Contract restructuring period ends
Feb 24 - Draft begins

And WE'RE BACK! It's FFMD 2012 and the Seattle Seahawks are starting to cobwebs from the 2011 season. TheOsprey will be starring in this movie, playing the role of John Schneider. Now let's get the rest of our positions in place.

As always, just say which position you would like to take responsibility of and we will make sure that everyone is fairly appointed.

How It Works:

For those of you new to FFMD this mock is unlike any other mock regularly seen in the GM mock draft forum. Everyone can and will be included, meaning the signup is not based on a first come, first serve basis. We encourage as many members as would like to join staffs and actively contribute to the event. There are multiple jobs you can sign up for within each team forum’s war room, and entire forum participation is critical to the success of this mock.

Any thread created about this mock from now on will start off with the title of FFMD-12. Do not start other threads about this mock at any point during the process. They will be locked or deleted as organization is of high priority.

Who is the Boss?
This will be a collective effort but yours truly will be running FFMD-12. Any questions about this mock can be PMed to me. Please remember to look through the rules for your answer before PMing us, as chances are that the answers are within the FFMD-12 topics.

-Writer: Their job is to write articles about the draft and UFA period in relation to the teams acquisitions and such. This is not team specific. You write about picks, trades and rumors for all teams. You will analyze and even predict if you would like. This will be a demanding position to hold as you will have deadlines for articles and will be required to write articles about teams you may not like. Please be as unbiased as possible. A writer with an agenda is not a good writer. If you are planning to be a writer be ready to put in the time to do a good job. This is not a position for the casual FFMD fan.

How the positions are given out:

Our goal is to pick the person best suited to be the GM for each team. We are looking for members that are not only into mock drafts but someone that is ready and willing to put in the time to be successful. I would like to stress that being a GM does require being very active and its time consuming to do a good job. Please make sure that you are aware of the commitment your staff expects from you if you’re running the show.

-Trade Council: We do have a trade council again with 5 Mods to evaluate your accepted trade offers. You will PM stillersenat with accepted trades to be ruled on. He is the coordinator of the trade council. Majority will rule and if 3 out of 5 approve of your trade it will be accepted. More on this later. There will be a trades/trade block thread where you can announce your intentions to move a player. The trade council has already been established, so we do not need anyone to apply for that position. Our intent is to keep their names private for various reasons. Trades will be discussed and a decision rendered in a timely manner this year or at least that is our focus. Trades submitted before 8pm will have feedback within 24 to 48 hours.

NOTE: You may not use a Chatzy at any point in this process. If we find that you have used one at any point it could result in the docking of a pick.

Fun: In the end, this is the goal of FFMD-12 and any other FFMD for that matter. It is a great mock-up of a real NFL off-season used to unite the forum and it's members.

Quote:
The Timeline:

--Monday, January 30th--
Midnight will be the deadline to sign up to be a GM or writer for this edition of FFMD-12. After that point this thread will be closed. We will only decide who will the GM position! The members not chosen as GM’s will then navigate over to their team’s forum and ask to become a member of the staff in the war room. The newly appointed GM’s will workout the details of creating a working staff with job titles based on interested members. Again, it is not first come first serve and at any time you are encouraged to jump in and contribute. Simply post within the war room of our teams forum and the GM can add you to the staff. Remember please only sign up here if you would like to apply for a GM or Writer position. If you are not interested in either of these positions then please wait until the War Rooms are set up in your respected team forum to apply for a different position.

--Tuesday, January 31st--
An announcement will be posted acknowledging who has been selected as writers and GM’s. Be sure to check back here then. Members who are not selected should immediately head over to your teams War Room to apply within for a desired position. The GM will begin to create the staff that will coordinate the efforts throughout this process.

--Monday, February 6th--
Staff positions will be finalized within each team war rooms. Obviously you can add any interested members after this deadline as a scout, since an unlimited number is allowed. The position titles will transition into what is listed below. Obviously you will have the ability to customize your staff into any positions you would like. Please use our staff positions as a guide. For those who complete their staff early you may use this time to prepare for the upcoming periods within FFMD-12. Please remember that even if you do not have an official title within the staff created you may still offer your input and opinion to the event within your war room. We encourage anyone to contribute in whichever capacity you would like. It is highly recommended that you use this extra time for preparation. Staying organized is critical to a successful FFMD.

--Monday, February 6th--
Rosters and Salary Information will be finalized. Free Agency rules will be posted in a different thread. The cap will also be posted along with each teams cap space.

--Tuesday, February 7th--
Franchise tag/Transition tag/Release period begins from 8am to 10pm. All teams interested in placing the franchise tag/transition tag on an upcoming UFA must be placed within this deadline. Figures will outlined in the transactions thread. The cap saving formula for releasing a player will be posted in the upcoming days. The ground rules for the UFA period will be announced in great detail at a later date.

More stuff to be continued....

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 9 times in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staff

-General Manager: TheOsprey Will make all of the final decisions and is in control of everything ranging from submitting trades to making draft picks. However, this position weighs equally amongst the staff in terms of opinion and everyone’s say should be accounted for before he determines the best route for the team. Each member will greatly influence his decisions.
-Assistant HC/GM: Tatupu 2nd in line to the GM and assists the GM in all areas. He will explore trade options around the league and all trade offers are directed through him to then announce in the war room for discussion. If the GM is unavailable the Assistant GM is able to make draft picks and post UFA bids. Only the GM and Assistant GM have this ability. Becomes the active GM in the absence of the nominated GM.
-Head Coach: SoS Has a key part in all decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking for trade options, etc… The draft board and player targets should be of importance to him as adding players he views as a fit for his system is critical.
Offensive Coordinator/Scout: imani This person runs the offense and therefore holds a lot of weight on all offensive acquisitions made by the team.
Defensive Coordinator/Scout: Shazor This person runs the defense and therefore holds a lot of weight on all defensive acquisitions made by the team.
Team Agent: TheDude + dotmotion This person is in charge of maintaining and keeping tabs of the salary information of the team. At all times the team must maintain a budget in regards to the annual revenue the team brings in. The responsibility for correct figures will lie in his hands and he is the financial guru of the team. A 53 man roster must be maintained as well.
-Director of College Scouting: Eyas Helps decide needs and works with the national scouts to develop a big board for the draft.
-President of Player Personnel: hawkman Is responsible for developing a free agency target list. Projecting trades with other teams and reviewing players on all levels both college and pro.
-Director of Media Relations: Will report to the writers with feedback and information relative to the news of what is happening with the organization.
-National Scout: klyon // chip Will evaluate draftable players. This can be position specific or not. RB scout will look into RB’s, LB scout will look into potential LB’s to add to the team.[/b]

General Discussion
Announcements
Talent Agency
Staffs
Buffalo Bills War Room
Miami Dolphins War Room
New England Patriots
New York Jets War Room
-------------------------------------
Baltimore Ravens War Room
Cincinnati Bengals War Room
Cleveland Browns War Room
Pittsburgh Steelers War Room
Indianapolis Colts War Room
Jacksonville Jaguars War Room
Tennessee Titans War Room
Denver Broncos War Room
Kansas City Chiefs War Room
Oakland Raiders War Room
San Diego War Room
Dallas Cowboys War Room
New York Giants War Room
Philadelphia Eagles War Room
Washington Redskins War Room
Chicago Bears War Room
Detroit Lions War Room
Green Bay War Room
Minnesota Vikings War Room
Atlanta Falcons War Room
Carolina Panthers War Room
New Orleans War Room
Tampa Bay War Room
Arizona Cardinals War Room
San Francisco 49ers War Room
Seattle Seahawks War Room
St. Louis War Room

SALARY INFO

Current Roster Size:
Current Cap Space: 22.56M

Depth Chart

Bold = Relatively Untouchable
Green = FA Signing/Trade
Blue = Draft Pick
Red = Positional Need
Italics = OTB
Underline = Practice Squad

OFFENSE
QB: Jason Campbell // Josh Johnson
RB: Marshawn Lynch // Mike Tolbert // Leon Washington
FB: Jacob Hester // Mike Tolbert
WR1: Sidney Rice // Ben Obomanu // Ricardo Lockette
WR2: Mike Williams // Golden Tate
Slot: Doug Baldwin //
TE: Zach Miller // John Carlson // Anthony McCoy // Cameron Morrah //
LT: Russell Okung // John Greco
LG: John Moffitt
OC: Max Unger // Lemuel Jeanpierre
RG: Lemuel Jeanpierre //
RT: James Carpenter // Breno Giacomini

DEFENSE
LEO: Chris Clemons // Dexter Davis
UT: Clinton McDonald // Anthony Hargrove
NT: Brandon Mebane //
LDE: Red Bryant // Lazarius Levingston
SLB: K.J. Wright //
MLB: David Hawthorne // Bart Scott
WLB: Leroy Hill // Malcolm Smith // Adrian Moten
CB1: Richard Sherman //
CB2: Byron Maxwell //
Nickel: Walter Thurmond III //
SS: Kam Chancellor // Jeron Johnson
FS: Earl Thomas // Atari Bigby

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Steven Hauschka
P: Jon Ryan
PR: Leon Washington // Golden Tate
KR: Leon Washington // Golden Tate
LS: Lemuel Jeanpierre

2012 Draft Picks
1st Round #19 (via CHI)
2nd Round #35 (via MIN)
2nd Round #43
2nd Round #59 (via NO)
3rd Round #76
4th Round#99 (via MIN)
4th Round#107
6th Round #181 (via CIN)

2013 Draft Picks
Seahawks 1st
Bears 1st
Seahawks 2nd
Seahawks 3rd
Seahawks 4th
Seahawks 5th
Jets 5th*
Seahawks 6th
Seahawks 7th

TRADES
Quote:
Bengals get
WR Deon Butler

Seahawks get
Bengals 6th

Quote:
Jets get
Seahawks 7th

Seahawks get
LB Bart Scott
Jets 6th
Conditional 2013 5th

Quote:
Bears get
Seahawks 1st

Seahawks get
Bears 1st
Bears 6th
2013 1st rounder

Quote:
Titans get
OG Robert Gallery

Seahawks get
Titans 4th
Titans 6th
*Seahawks eat Gallery's 2012 salary

Quote:
Saints get
DT Alan Branch
Bears 6th
Jets 6th

Seahawks get
Saints 2nd
*Seahawks eat Branch's 2012 salary

Quote:
Vikings get
CB Brandon Browner
WR Kris Durham
Titans 4th
Seahawks 6th

Seahawks get
Vikings 2nd
Vikings 4th

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 32 times in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE AGENTS

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to volunteer as AGM, but if someone was dying to have that roll, yo soy muy flexible (and terrible at Spanish).

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I'd like to volunteer as AGM, but if someone was dying to have that roll, yo soy muy flexible (and terrible at Spanish).

Probably best considering we're going to need someone active and experienced to help our new GM.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Probably best considering we're going to need someone active and experienced to help our new GM.
I'm planning on pulling mutiny when we draft Isaiah Pead in the 2nd round

JK Osprey Wink

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now do we have to have a position in order to be involved or can we just give input?

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Now do we have to have a position in order to be involved or can we just give input?

You can just be a National Scout if you'd like.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Ok that sounds good. I just didnt want a BIG BIG position because with my work schedule im not free everyday to be on here. I wanna see how everything works this year that way i can be in a bigger position next year!!

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Ok that sounds good. I just didnt want a BIG BIG position because with my work schedule im not free everyday to be on here. I wanna see how everything works this year that way i can be in a bigger position next year!!

Sounds great to me.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Absolutely. I'm definitely gonna have questions. I don't wanna screw it up, since this is a team effort. If there is something that needs to be done, you guys let me know and I'll do it.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I'm planning on pulling mutiny when we draft Isaiah Pead in the 2nd round

JK Osprey Wink

I assure you, I wouldn't reach that far. I wouldn't take Pead higher than round 4. Smile I can't wait for the discussions to start. This is gonna be fun.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Absolutely. I'm definitely gonna have questions. I don't wanna screw it up, since this is a team effort. If there is something that needs to be done, you guys let me know and I'll do it.

Well you're GM. As people sign up you should probably just start assigning duties for each person and get some discussion bullet points ready.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as nobody makes me draft Nick Foles, we shouldn't have any problems. Laughing
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Well you're GM. As people sign up you should probably just start assigning duties for each person and get some discussion bullet points ready.

As far as the duties, what might they entail? As far as I'm concerned, if people want to volunteer for certain tasks, that's fine with me. The discussion bullet points are ready. We should probably start with our own free agents and discuss who we should re-sign and who we should let walk, as our first order of business.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: