Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Bucs agreed to terms with Vincent Jackson a five-year, $55 million contract, including $26 million guaranteed.
Jackson will earn $26 million over the first two years and $36 million over the first three, topping Santonio Holmes' $24 million guaranteed from last year. The Bucs jumped in feet-first, causing V-Jax's other suitors to fall by the wayside. Jackson will immediately slot in as the No. 1 receiver in Tampa, sending Mike Williams to No. 2 and Arrelious Benn to a situational role. Expect Jackson's fantasy stock to decline with a quarterback downgrade and coach Greg Schiano's traditionally run-heavy offensive attack.

That's a lota money.

Now what?

I'm all for burning down the HQ. Believe it or not I actually gained a marginal amount of respect for AJ for setting a limit he was willing to go to to re-sign VJ and not exceeding it just because he and Norv look to be on borrowed time (i.e. not mortgaging the future for the immediate present). I, however, immediately lost that respect and then some for him when we effectively gave up on VJ (after he was priced out of our range) and have yet to show a single contingency plan.

Our best hope at this point is that the Redskins release Santana Moss and we can get him in here as a stop-gap, a la McCardell.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see what happens. Basically done with the CMB because they're freaking out because we didn't sign someone to a mega deal. Shocker that they are upset.

Its day one, we'll see what happens. Lots of guys that haven't had an buzz around them day one like Gaither, Grubbs, etc.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
kramxel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Bucs agreed to terms with Vincent Jackson a five-year, $55 million contract, including $26 million guaranteed.
Jackson will earn $26 million over the first two years and $36 million over the first three, topping Santonio Holmes' $24 million guaranteed from last year. The Bucs jumped in feet-first, causing V-Jax's other suitors to fall by the wayside. Jackson will immediately slot in as the No. 1 receiver in Tampa, sending Mike Williams to No. 2 and Arrelious Benn to a situational role. Expect Jackson's fantasy stock to decline with a quarterback downgrade and coach Greg Schiano's traditionally run-heavy offensive attack.

That's a lota money.

Now what?

I'm all for burning down the HQ. Believe it or not I actually gained a marginal amount of respect for AJ for setting a limit he was willing to go to to re-sign VJ and not exceeding it just because he and Norv look to be on borrowed time (i.e. not mortgaging the future for the immediate present). I, however, immediately lost that respect and then some for him when we effectively gave up on VJ (after he was priced out of our range) and have yet to show a single contingency plan.

Our best hope at this point is that the Redskins release Santana Moss and we can get him in here as a stop-gap, a la McCardell.

No Santana Moss, please!

I preffer to think you're joking...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
We'll see what happens. Basically done with the CMB because they're freaking out because we didn't sign someone to a mega deal. Shocker that they are upset.

Its day one, we'll see what happens. Lots of guys that haven't had an buzz around them day one like Gaither, Grubbs, etc.

yah, i just stopped trying with a couple of the guys mid argument now...

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:

That's a lota money.

Now what?

No Santana Moss, please!

I preffer to think you're joking...

You have a better suggestion? Moss, even at this point in his career, has proven to be more productive and more consistent than Meachem or Robinson. Manningham's a possibility, but he and Brown are near identical players, thus if/when Floyd goes down we're a very vanilla passing game.

The market sucks. Honestly our best bet at this point is to invest in guys who are good route runners and pray to Black Jesus we unearth a gem in the draft or UDFA.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much money will Lloyd get?

Maybe he's worth a shot...

You're right, though.... with all this frenzy the WR market has gone down a lot... not that many quality options...

The-Beast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

You have a better suggestion? Moss, even at this point in his career, has proven to be more productive and more consistent than Meachem or Robinson. Manningham's a possibility, but he and Brown are near identical players, thus if/when Floyd goes down we're a very vanilla passing game.

The market sucks. Honestly our best bet at this point is to invest in guys who are good route runners and pray to Black Jesus we unearth a gem in the draft or UDFA.
Just because he's more consistent doesn't mean you should touch him with a ten foot pole.

I'd much rather get burned with younger guys than a deep threat with no speed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we just signed Meachem....

sd screenwriter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone with technical knowledge explain the status of Mike Wallace to me? Personally, I think he's better, WAY more consistent than VJax, but I know he's an RFA, right? What does that mean? Could we take a shot at him with some of VJax's $? What would we have to pay him and what would we have to give up to the Steel? I actually don't think he's reached his potential yet, and would be willing to give up a future #1 to get him as an arrow in Philip's quiver...Thanks for the help!
kramxel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sd screenwriter wrote:
Can someone with technical knowledge explain the status of Mike Wallace to me? Personally, I think he's better, WAY more consistent than VJax, but I know he's an RFA, right? What does that mean? Could we take a shot at him with some of VJax's $? What would we have to pay him and what would we have to give up to the Steel? I actually don't think he's reached his potential yet, and would be willing to give up a future #1 to get him as an arrow in Philip's quiver...Thanks for the help!

RFA = restricted free agent

The Steelers placed a 1st round tender on Wallace, which means that if someone wants to sign him, the Steelers have the option to match the offer. If he goes away, that team has to give a 1st round draft choice to the Steelers. If not he'll stay a Steeler with a new contract.

If no one bites that, he'll receive the equivalent as the 1st round tender for his 2011 salary.

Zappaz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
RB Le'Ron McClain agreed to terms on a 3-year deal with the SD Chargers.

BEAST!!.... I gotta give AJ some credit... he's had a DAMN good FA so far with more $ to spend.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some names out there that I would like us to sign on an incentive laden deal to see if they can make the roster.

NT Aubrayu Franklin
DE Amobi Okoye
OLB Jamaal Anderson

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Some names out there that I would like us to sign on an incentive laden deal to see if they can make the roster.

NT Aubrayu Franklin
DE Amobi Okoye
OLB Jamaal Anderson

Really hope Aubrayo Franklin gets a shot. Was great with SF.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kinda weird

Rotoworld wrote:
The four-year, $8.4 million contract signed by Panthers FB Mike Tolbert was lower than the Chargers' offer.
This signing is perhaps the most bizarre of the past week. Tolbert is from the area and starred at Coastal Carolina, but he's taking a hit in offensive playing time and salary to return home in his football prime.

I wonder what made him decide to take less money, less playing time, and return to a FB position? Seriously, how mad do you have to be at the team for things to go down that way?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
This is kinda weird

Rotoworld wrote:
The four-year, $8.4 million contract signed by Panthers FB Mike Tolbert was lower than the Chargers' offer.
This signing is perhaps the most bizarre of the past week. Tolbert is from the area and starred at Coastal Carolina, but he's taking a hit in offensive playing time and salary to return home in his football prime.

I wonder what made him decide to take less money, less playing time, and return to a FB position? Seriously, how mad do you have to be at the team for things to go down that way?

I wonder if it was the going home thing. He's from South Carolina which is really close to his home town and where he went to college. So I think thats what may have made him turn down the money and more favorable position.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: