Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 12 - Coming Soon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: FFMD 12 - Coming Soon Reply with quote

GET EXCITED!!!

We have a lot of new posters in here, so for those of you new to this experience FFMD is a comprehensive off-season simulation where each team forum takes full control over their respective teams. At a future date posters will be allowed to nominate themselves as GM of their respective team. Once the GMs are assigned, the GM will be tasked with organizing the staff with various positions (assistant GM, OC, DC, Scout, etc.).

For you newbies, feel free to take a look at our last FFMD. Of course we killed it Laughing

All posters are encouraged to sign-up for positions. You will not be turned away, and if need be we will create new job positions for you! If you have any questions about the process shoot me a PM.

FFMD is an awesome experience that has you interacting with the other 31 teams in the NFL and several agents representing players in free agency. The draft portion is just as exciting as each team gets in their "war room" and once they are on the clock they come together with a decision.

In the Tampa forum we have agreed that regardless of the position assigned to a staff member, everyone will have a voice. The GM, while having the swanky title, will not make decisions by themselves. Everyone on the staff will have an equal vote for every personnel decision.

This thread is NOT a thread to sign up for front office positions. It's really just to get people thinking about what and how we should approach this off-season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past two years were pretty good. I learned so much more about scouting prospects through this than anywhere else. I think FFMD 2010 was the best. Other teams couldn't keep up with us! Laughing

#EmbraceTheSuck
BBando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wanted to be in one of these.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
The past two years were pretty good. I learned so much more about scouting prospects through this than anywhere else. I think FFMD 2010 was the best. Other teams couldn't keep up with us! Laughing

2010 was insane. I think we ended up with Rolando McClain, Dez Bryant, Jahvid Best and Geno Atkins. And that was just the draft Shocked

We also signed KVB and Dunta that year too Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked over last years off season. Our draft wasn't the greatest but how can you complain when you get Mario Williams and Nnamdi!!!

#EmbraceTheSuck
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
I always wanted to be in one of these.

Good stuff. I think that we can compile a heck of a staff this year with all the new guys that have signed up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNAP... we killed it. If that was our real team I would be booking a flight to the Super Bowl Cool

I am all over this, it is/was a blast.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
Just looked over last years off season. Our draft wasn't the greatest but how can you complain when you get Mario Williams and Nnamdi!!!

Yup we gave up a ton of draft picks for Super Mario so the draft wasn't too great outside of the McPhee and Pinkston picks. We went on a serious shopping spree in free agency, though. Sproles, Leach, Pollard and D'Qwell Jackson. 2011 FFMD Bucs = New York Yankees.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:

Yup we gave up a ton of draft picks for Super Mario so the draft wasn't too great outside of the McPhee and Pinkston picks. We went on a serious shopping spree in free agency, though. Sproles, Leach, Pollard and D'Qwell Jackson. 2011 FFMD Bucs = New York Yankees.

Yeah we went Anti-Dominik last year. Was a blast being the GM, definitely a lot of work if you are trying to pull off moves and not getting beat by other teams. I know there was quite an uproar from the Lions when we landed Mario even though they ended up offering the better deal. Draft day was definitely boring but I think with the talent we added in FA and traded for we would have been alright. Only issue looking back was our OL since we didn't retain Joseph.

I'm in this year, been looking forward to continuing our dominance of this event.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait, love this thing. Looking forward to reading DRD's awesome/bordering on stalkerish free agent pitches.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I got involved in the FFMD for the first time, because I was new to the site. It was a real learning experience, I enjoyed the sharing of our thoughts as we proceeded through the draft. Because of a trade made by DRD (a real Houdini move if I've ever seen one) we had some extra picks. I think that we ended up with a nice looking selection for our team.

You bet, I would like to do that again, glad to see that there is some interest.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:

2010 was insane. I think we ended up with Rolando McClain, Dez Bryant, Jahvid Best and Geno Atkins. And that was just the draft Shocked

man who was GM that year..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

tml_gogo wrote:
Can't wait, love this thing. Looking forward to reading DRD's awesome/bordering on stalkerish free agent pitches.

THIS...i got to talk to him personally about this, very great stuff!

#TradeUpForTeddy
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:

tml_gogo wrote:

Best selection of all time though was Ron Brace, true All Pro.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:

tml_gogo wrote:

Best selection of all time though was Ron Brace, true All Pro.

snapp73 wanted that pick with all his heart. Poor guy. Then again, we all wanted Mark Sanchez instead. d'oh!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight is always 20/20. Man I'm getting pumped for this now!

#EmbraceTheSuck

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: